Auto Welcome Support

1 minute ago, Il_Picasso said:

When trying to update I get this

INSERT INTO `x_utf_autowelcome_members` ( `welcome_member_id`, `welcome_sent` ) VALUES ( 1, 1 )
Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

https://pastebin.com/3VFmc0pd

That means there's already a record for member ID 1 in the x_utf_autowelcome_members table. Since that's a primary key on that table, there can only be one row per member. This happened to us after the process broke partway through because of a loss of internet connectivity.

I suggest uninstalling the application and reinstalling it after your upgrade is complete, then running the query in this post (change the table names to include your x_utf_ prefix):

Be sure that you don't use the delay option as there appears to be an issue with that causing it to contact most of your members.

8 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Running latest version, didn't make the welcome post.

I am in same boat.  Upgraded - no go.  Uninstalled, reinstalled - no go.  I hope there is some help along soon.  Great feature to my community and I am in peak season...doing it manually is a PAIN!  Thanks Michael.J.

9 hours ago, Logan0 said:

I have simply reverted back to version 2.5.6

Nice. Does that work on 4.5? I’m planning on upgrading soon!

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Looks nice, but the current app is more specific to welcoming new members.  Lots of options, posts, PMs, emails...

Yea true. The Auto Drip does just emails and pm (can be immediate or delay).

My attempt to update resulted in a crash and the mod has disappeared from my plugin list but when I try to install it manually, I get this error:

An application is already installed that uses the same Application Key, this application cannot be installed unless the other is removed

As I'm new to Invision forums, I'm not sure how to remove the Application Key, or even where to fnd it. Any suggestions please? Cheers

1 minute ago, D Shepherdson said:

My attempt to update resulted in a crash and the mod has disappeared from my plugin list but when I try to install it manually, I get this error:

An application is already installed that uses the same Application Key, this application cannot be installed unless the other is removed

As I'm new to Invision forums, I'm not sure how to remove the Application Key, or even where to fnd it. Any suggestions please? Cheers

Could you please submit a ticket, I'd like to take a look at the issue to see why it happened.

5 hours ago, D Shepherdson said:

This is an application so it will be in your application list, it won't be in your plugin list.

8 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Nice. Does that work on 4.5? I’m planning on upgrading soon!

I haven't had any problems yet apart from the chatbox integration doesn't work which has always been the case.

Edited by Logan0
6 hours ago, Olmyster said:

Thank you for this solution but, If I can understand 50$ for the initial price, IMHO, the renewal terms at the same price is way too expensive.

Yea a bit pricier than some of the other apps, but I personally love it. I love sending a series of automated emails after someone signs up, comments, buys a subscription etc. I find a lot of value in it! 

On 9/15/2020 at 9:16 PM, Runar said:

Also, if I hadn’t done this, we most likely wouldn’t have discovered the issue (at least not at this time).

Upon closer inspection of the database (and my inbox) it seems the application only managed to send the welcome message to around half of my members. It stopped sending after close to 3 000 messages, likely caused my me turning off the delay and thereby disabling the task responsible for sending the messages (the welcomeAlerts task). All members were still marked as having received the message, though.

However, those who signed up after the incident have not received the message, but have still been marked as having received it. To see if I could resend the message, I deleted the most recent member from the autowelcome_members table and (with fingers crossed) set the delay to one hour to reenable the welcomeAlerts tasks. The task ran, sending a completely blank message without a title to the most recent member.

I have now disabled the delay, again, and am eagerly awaiting a new registrations to see what happens next.

@Michael.J: Something is wrong, do you have any suggestions?