Auto Welcome Support

Great plugin providing an essential feature! Thanks a million!

One problem: the tags aren't all parsing correctly. Here's what happens with the ones I've tried:

• %member_name% - outputs a string similar to the previous Facebook issue
  • %sender_name% - doesn't parse at all, just outputs "%sender_name%"
  • %board_name% - actually works!

My users are imported via CSV if that helps and the forum was built on 4.5 from the start.

@Michael.J

Is there a way to only apply this plugin's settings for new members? I turned it on and it automatically sent a million email messages and status updates that I had to delete?

For the status updates and topics section (since they're public) is there a way to have 4 or 5 variations of "canned" text that it could automatically cycle through? The way it is now, our members will see that I type the exact same message to new members and that will look a little weird.

thanks!!

1 hour ago, Justin Stellman said:

What's the difference between sending a Personal Message or an Email. If I send the former, they already get an email notification. Is this redundant or am I missing something?

A personal message will create a conversation on your community, so if the member replies you'll get their answer to your inbox (or the inbox of the member you set as sender). If you send an email, the conversation and their replies will not be a part of your community.

Is there a way to only apply this plugin's settings for new members? I turned it on and it automatically sent a million email messages and status updates that I had to delete?

I had the same issue, and posted about it on page 27: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/410417-auto-welcome-support/?do=findComment&comment=2830633

For the status updates and topics section (since they're public) is there a way to have 4 or 5 variations of "canned" text that it could automatically cycle through? The way it is now, our members will see that I type the exact same message to new members and that will look a little weird.

Not currently possible, it seems.

Just now, Michael.J
On 8/18/2020 at 5:27 PM, Prank said:

Whats the first thing I should do to troubleshoot?

Was this after updating to IPB 4.5?

On 8/25/2020 at 4:34 AM, Square Wheels said:

Is this 4.5 Compatible?

Just released an update that is pending approval.

Sorry Michael I only just saw this. No my forums are still 4.4.

27 minutes ago, Justin Stellman said:

I had the same problem. It took me hours to fix so I disabled it. I wanted to have a setting or checkbox that could apply to new members only

I should perhaps also say that subsequent from my post, I had a further 5 batches of 1250 to clear down. 😳