Auto Welcome Support

To put it simply, it welcomes newly registered members. It will welcome them with an optional personal message, email or topic alert. From there you can further customize each pm, email or topic message, the subject / title and so on. It also has the ability to welcome members that are added manually through the Admin CP.

it works when adding a member from the admin cp and it does work, if the email-validation for new members is turned on.

I actually turned off email-validation for new members, then the auto welcome email will not be sent.

Thank you for your help, it's a great feature.

it works when adding a member from the admin cp and it does work, if the email-validation for new members is turned on.

I actually turned off email-validation for new members, then the auto welcome email will not be sent.

Thank you for your help, it's a great feature.

​I think I know what's causing this. I'll put together another update and have it released as soon as I can.

When I install it goes to a white page and stops. No damage done, just cannot complete installation.

​Usually indicated a masked php error of some sort. Is there any error_log file or record of the error I can look at?

This is a fresh install of the app or did you have the app in IPB 3.4?

​Usually indicated a masked php error of some sort. Is there any error_log file or record of the error I can look at?

This is a fresh install of the app or did you have the app in IPB 3.4?

​I just upgraded to 4 and installed I was using it on 3.4. This is a great must have add-on.

Thanks for the quick reply!

​I just upgraded to 4 and installed I was using it on 3.4. This is a great must have add-on.

​Can you check installing any other application? I just want to check if it's a generalized issue with installing apps or this app in particular. I will probably need admin access to troubleshoot this further.

Hi,

I just installed this app' on my test forum and it works :)
I choose the PM notification and I would like to have the popup notification and the 1 message badge notification
So the new member can't miss it

Is it possible ?

Like that:

newpm.thumb.jpg.9c865f7ef002348eb23dc35aHi,

Edited by Cybero

I just tried to install your auto welcome mod for IPB4. But when I try to install the .tar file in the ACP I get this error message:

Fatal error: Class 'PharData' not found in /home/polemiken/polemiken.se/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php on line 1168

Any idea why?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

I just tried to install your auto welcome mod for IPB4. But when I try to install the .tar file in the ACP I get this error message:

​Can you check with another application and if you get the same problem then it's likely an issue on your end. Make sure your hosts supports the phar extension. (IPB4 uses it now to install apps.)

I've just released an update that fixes alerts being sent on email validation and no alerts being sent when email validation is disabled.

I choose the PM notification and I would like to have the popup notification and the 1 message badge notification

​I'm sorry but I just couldn't find a solution for this right now. When I run the alerts manually it works but doesn't when run during registration. When I've got a bit more time after the IPB4 updates, I'll revisit this and see if I can find a solution.

We could not parse the application.json file for this application because it is missing or corrupt. Please contact the author for an updated copy of this application.

​Can you check with any other 3rd party app and see if you've got the same issue? I've had a few reports of this but so far I'm leaning towards this being an IPB4/host issue rather then anything specific to apps I've built.

hello, i installed it but when a user sign in- he doesn't have the +1 in the pm.. is it suppose to be like that?

​As above, this was looked into but no immediate solution found. i will revisit once things settle down with IPB4 upgrades and I've got a bit more time to look into this.

@Mike John I've installed other 3rd party mods perfectly fine... then again, they were hooks and not actual application files.

​The application install routine is a little different to plugins. There doesn't appear to be many free apps in the marketplace but I've got one called "Portal" that you can try.