Auto Welcome Support

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 12:54 AM, albn said:

Yep! 

I know it's a bit confusing and I will be clearing it up but you need to enable the "create topic" setting as well. Even if only using the post reply feature.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:29 AM, Alfonso Moreno said:

Does auto welcome support IPS 4.5 beta 4? Thanks a lot

I will be looking through the beta soon but so far I haven't had any reported issues.

On 6/28/2020 at 6:33 AM, Dean_ said:

Still facing issues with social logins. Someone joined today via Facebook and no auto welcome post has been created. Have no issues with normal registration.

I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point. Are you planning to upgrade to IPB 4.5 soon? As they may have improved the position I can hook into new signups.

1 hour ago, Michael.J said:

I know it's a bit confusing and I will be clearing it up but you need to enable the "create topic" setting as well. Even if only using the post reply feature.

I will be looking through the beta soon but so far I haven't had any reported issues.

I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point. Are you planning to upgrade to IPB 4.5 soon? As they may have improved the position I can hook into new signups.

I have upgraded to 4.5 beta 6 but my site still needs a few weeks of more work.

6 hours ago, Michael.J said:

I know it’s a weird one, especially after you patched it. And yes I will be upgrading, I see no point in renewing my license right now and wasting months when 4.5 is around the corner. I will update when it’s out and then fully test the apps.

• 2 weeks later...

When this is set to send a user a welcome PM, do they also get the usual e-mail notification of receiving the PM?

I'm finding a lot of my new users aren't reading them, I've set it to 1hr after being successfully validated (so it feels more natural) any tips on improving the viewing response?

Great plugin, thanks.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:59 AM, jpointer2_merged said:

When this is set to send a user a welcome PM, do they also get the usual e-mail notification of receiving the PM?

It should, have you done a test user to confirm?

Edited by Michael.J
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @Michael.J

I use this app religiously, thanks so much.

Mine seems to have stopped sending PM's though. .I only noticed today that its been several months since one was sent and I get anywhere between 5 and 10 new users per day.

Whats the first thing I should do to troubleshoot?

Thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Noble~ said:

It can take two weeks for the new version to show in the market place.

Absolutely not, except if we found some issues in the code, which the author needs to resolve before it gets approved.

In this case, the submission was rejected because it wasn’t following the MP guidelines, and there were no further updates since then. 

IPS Marketplace Revisit*
The IPS Marketplace now requires a change to how some data is stored in applications and plugins. This does not affect how a plugin or app work but does require extra changes. Therefore, some apps or plugins will not be immediately updated in the IPS Marketplace and only available on my site. I will revisit these apps and plugins and make the changes needed to have them updated in the IPS Marketplace as well.

I'm working on the Auto Welcome app again now and should have an update soon.

Thanks for the update, @Michael.J! When we tried installing this in test, the "upgrade" process hiccupped and the plugin is now in an inconsistent state. We have upwards of a million members, and something was happening in increments of 50 at a time. 

Is this a bug in the IPS plugin/upgrade system or something else? Is there a way to hand this off to the background processes to avoid things like this?

2 hours ago, Paul E. said:

Thanks for the update, @Michael.J! When we tried installing this in test, the "upgrade" process hiccupped and the plugin is now in an inconsistent state. We have upwards of a million members, and something was happening in increments of 50 at a time. 

Is this a bug in the IPS plugin/upgrade system or something else? Is there a way to hand this off to the background processes to avoid things like this?

This happened to me on 2 of my 5 installations too, I would also appreciate any advise of how this could be fixed..