Bulk deleting members

Kimmo

Hi! We are going to 'restart' our very old forum, which has been open but not managed during last few years. We have thousands of spam members and we would like to get rid of them. Is there any way how to bulk delete them, as taking them off one by one will take too much time?

Hi @Kimmo,

You can only delete one member at a time via the AdminCP. It might seem monotonous, but it will prevent making any mistakes by deleting someone that may potentially be a regular member. You can always force your members, or only specific groups on your community, to have their password reset as a first step. Any members that don't change their passwords and/or continue to post spam can then be deleted.

You can do this in your AdminCP -> Members -> Force Password Reset -> then select the applicable groups you'd like this to be performed on. There are other parameters you can toggle to fine-tune this action too.

Members cannot delete their own posts here on Invision Community, but I'm sure it will be marked as solved/locked once a team member is active.

Actually you can, but only if you have a criteria in which to search. Just be careful what you select. What you can do is to click the cog icon to do a search in the members section of the admin CP. Enter the criteria of the member you want to remove, then once you have them and have checked, select the "Prune" button

Always ensure you take a backup first

What I tend to do personally is use the "move" option to a new group first. I can then go through those members and make sure they are correct, then delete the people who are member of that group

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text