Auto Welcome Support

On 11/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, Joel R said:

Yes, but the message is configured at the club level

I'll need to think about this, it might be better suited separately if it needs to be at the club level rather then just a global message like the pm, email and topic are.

On 11/24/2019 at 4:03 AM, Logan0 said:

The Send message to chatbox Toggle switch is greyed out.

What is the application directory for this chatbox in your applications/ folder?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 12:03 PM, Logan0 said:

I am having a problem sending a message to the chatbox when a member joins. I'm running IPS 4.4.8 using Chatbox+ 2.0.1 and the updated auto welcome from Oct.

The Send message to chatbox Toggle switch is greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated.

I use the Auto Welcome to create a new topic in a Welcome forum then add that to the list of chosen forums where new topics are then posted to the Chat app.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Giray said:

Still no minutes? At least decimal hours? Tough ask?

An hour is too long and immediately confuses them.

This is my single biggest issue as well. "Immediately" had a bug, so I had to set it to an hour, but I'd set it to 1 minute, or 5, if I could.

I tried getting in touch with the developer but still no reply. I tried installing it again, and in the admin panel when I click on Auto Welcome settings, it says this. Does it mean anything to anyone?

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Node/Model.php(1052): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(33)
#1 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Node/Model.php(1069): IPS\Node\_Model->parent()
#2 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Content/ClubContainer.php(383): IPS\Node\_Model->parents()
#3 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Helpers/Form/Node.php(287): IPS\forums\_Forum->parents()
#4 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(265): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Node->html()
#5 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(418): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->rowHtml(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#6 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/Theme.php(847) : eval()'d code(1859): IPS\Helpers\_Form->__toString()
#7 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->globalTemplate('f0f7da2f0c5339f...', Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Array)
#8 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(172): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#9 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(112): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#10 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#11 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 6.20.53 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Logan0 said:

Please don't forget that this is as far as I remember a free plugin?

Yup, indeed it is. And everyone is grateful. But as soon as you put something out there for people to use on their commercial sites, there is a degree of responsibility that goes with it. This said, I have zero problems with the app, other than my little issue of delay, but just saying, from a very general standpoint, that free needs to also work in a commercial context and, correct me if I'm wrong, most people who buy IPS, do so in a business (or non-profit but still mission-critical) context.

In closing, I really think this should be core IPS! It is such a powerful tool.

On 2/5/2020 at 11:32 AM, Giray said:

Still no minutes? At least decimal hours? Tough ask?

On 2/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, iacas said:

This is my single biggest issue as well. "Immediately" had a bug, so I had to set it to an hour, but I'd set it to 1 minute, or 5, if I could.

Do you have ftp access to your ipb files? If so, would be easy to give you a patch until the next update.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:50 AM, breatheheavy said:

Ah ok gotcha. I can't use it right now because it breaks my theme 😕  @Mike John 😇 

I believe I fixed the fatal error, was the theme issue resolved or unrelated?