• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 10:39 PM, Edjazoli said:

Hi, recently changed from personal message to status update and email with 2hrs delay and not working? New members do not receiving and welcoming status message as well no emails? 

What type of email validation do you have set up? Are these social media signups or normal registrations?

On 11/28/2022 at 7:47 PM, Edjazoli said:

@Michael.J could you pls advice me why no status update for new registration is not showing after enabling it??

Does the member group have permission to post status updates? This app will still follow those permissions.

On 12/29/2022 at 7:57 PM, Giray said:

Hi. When the post included "Create own topic" shouldn't the owner - the new member - automatically follow that topic? We find that we - the staff - reply to that topic to welcome the member but the member doesn't know about it because they are not following the post.

That might actually be a good idea, at least an option. Is that something you can test? If so, will look at putting together a patch you can try.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:50 AM, iacas said:

I had a member sign up recently and AutoWelcome didn't seem to fire. It's enabled, and everything should be working just fine.

Once off or repeat pattern? Anything unique to this member that I can use to troubleshoot further?

2 hours ago, Michael.J said:

What type of email validation do you have set up? Are these social media signups or normal registrations?

PHP. And no, no social, normal registrations.

Does the member group have permission to post status updates?

yes.

9 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Once off or repeat pattern? Anything unique to this member that I can use to troubleshoot further?

Nope, not repeated, but this is the only new sign-up in the last month or so. My site is a paid membership site ($59 signup), so we don't get new members often, but it needs to fire when it does. I still have the "M" change in there from "H" so it fires five minutes later. I did change it to "immediately" for the next registration, to see if that works, but I don't know when that next registration will be.

Members pay via PayPal, if that tells you anything. That gets them access to a private forum where I auto-create (ideally) a topic for them (they can only see topics they started), and send a DM. Neither occurred this last time.

I'd give you more details if I could.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 6:30 PM, Edjazoli said:

PHP. And no, no social, normal registrations.

Immediate or delayed sending?

On 1/26/2023 at 12:50 AM, iacas said:

I did change it to "immediately" for the next registration, to see if that works, but I don't know when that next registration will be.

Please let me know, if the delayed task is having issues in particular, I can look there instead.

Immediate or delayed sending?

Please let me know, if the delayed task is having issues in particular, I can look there instead.

It was the delayed task. I changed it to the immediate one. I might just leave it set that way.

I'll let you know when the next user registers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can see that delay welcome is a problem. Instant works ok for me but this is not the case. I want registered user to get welcoming email, status update later so I will not bombarding him/her/them in the first few seconds of looking on the forum. They need time and after few hrs I’d like to invite them to finish they profile, introduce etc…. Need this working asap