Auto Welcome Support

4 hours ago, Mike John said:

Can you confirm the above issue with social media registrations as well?

I don’t get any welcome posts for members signing up using Twitter or Facebook.

Sometimes when a member registers it double posts, but not all the time, there was a difference of around 6 minutes between posts. Maybe a tasks issue?

What do you have set for user validation? Email/admin etc...? Do you have ftp access to your files and are willing to test a few modifications?

CiC user, no FTP access, but i would still test the mods if you can write it for upload new version tool in acp>applications 

It's driving me nuts, cause it's only twitter, Facebook that is doing this (Twitter being our most used way to sign up)

What do you have set for user validation? Email/admin

Email for validation 

The double posting is only happening with social media sign up (twitter, Facebook) For me

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Mike John

Suggestions for the future:

• Time delay add minutes - Add minutes.  I want to add minutes because the average bounce rate is within X minutes, so it's important to tighten up the posting while the user is still actively engaged.
  • Time delay different for message - Please add separate time delays for Personal Message, Email, Topic, Status Update.  The reason is that Personal Message and Status Update are posted onto the website, so those messages should hit when user is on the site.  In contrast, email should be dripped after he leaves the website, so it should be delayed significantly.  (The worst thing you can do is send an email while the user is still on the site, which redirects his attention away to email) 
  • Tags - add a %account_settings% tag for a user's Account Settings to adjust his security and notification preferences.
On 5/21/2019 at 4:55 PM, The Old Man said:

Is there any way to add blacklist or more specifically turn off autowelcome for the automatically generated IPS Support account?

I don't think I've used it before. I assume it's just creating the account for you and then your deleting once your done? Is it always the exact same username and email? (Perhaps just adding an exclusion for the email or exact username would be easiest then.)

On 5/21/2019 at 9:18 PM, Dean_ said:

Sometimes when a member registers it double posts, but not all the time, there was a difference of around 6 minutes between posts. Maybe a tasks issue?

Just to confirm. Are you using the time delay feature or instant registration?

On 6/10/2019 at 4:35 AM, Joel R said:

Suggestions for the future:

Thanks, all noted. I want to clear up these double/social media issues first but afterwards will be looking at new features again.

11 hours ago, Mike John said:

I don't think I've used it before. I assume it's just creating the account for you and then your deleting once your done? Is it always the exact same username and email? (Perhaps just adding an exclusion for the email or exact username would be easiest then.)

Yes it is always the same name and email address that gets created for use by IPS tech support. Thank you!

On 6/12/2019 at 2:08 AM, Dean_ said:

Send immediately after validation.

If your available for testing this patch as well, I'll include you in the PM round when I'm ready.

On 6/12/2019 at 2:57 AM, The Old Man said:

Yes it is always the same name and email address that gets created for use by IPS tech support. Thank you!

What was the email address?

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

What was the email address?

Hi @Mike John

Located in applications/core/modules/admin/support/support.php, line 828 onwards

Confirmed the email address (and user names) as:

$supportAccount = \IPS\Member::load( 'nobody@invisionpower.com', 'email' );

$name = 'IPS Temp Admin';

$name = "IPS Temp Admin {$number}";

Perhaps you could add a similar filter to your Birthday Greeter app as well?

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2016 at 10:56 PM, Mike John said:

Not possible currently but it is something I will be looking at for the next major version.

1. I'm getting some bug reports for the status update feature. So it may actually be not working.
  2. Can you clarify this one a bit?
  3. Does it work any differently if you fill out a member as the email sender?

Hi. Not sure if the notion of additional fields has been addressed since this post? The one field that I think is key is the first name field. That should be core to Auto Welcome. It makes sense for some communities to want to use a first name in a welcome message. 'Dear Jim, ...' 

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the great application. Installed it on a relatively fresh 4.4.6 installation. Selected that welcome message is sent via e-mail AND private message (setting: immediate delivery). But only the PM is sent. Does anyone knows what the reason for this could be? Bug or normal behavior?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 1:05 AM, Stefan Kaufmann said:

Hi, thanks for the great application. Installed it on a relatively fresh 4.4.6 installation. Selected that welcome message is sent via e-mail AND private message (setting: immediate delivery). But only the PM is sent. Does anyone knows what the reason for this could be? Bug or normal behavior?

Silly question but you've setup your email settings and sent a test email without issue?

This is something I'm testing for social media signups if anyone is having this issue.

Open applications/autowelcome/hooks/validatehook.php

Find:

if( \IPS\Dispatcher::hasInstance() and \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->controllerLocation == 'admin' )

Replace With:

if( \IPS\Dispatcher::hasInstance() and \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->controllerLocation == 'admin' OR ( \IPS\Dispatcher::hasInstance() and \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->controllerLocation == 'front' and \IPS\Request::i()->do == 'complete' ) )

Save.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, LittleFang said:

For some reason I cannot use the text boxes to edit the welcome message.  This happened prior to the update and after the update.  I even tried it on incognito Chrome.

Any issues with editors in the admin cp or front end? I'd probably suggest first clearing your browser and IPB cache and then seeing if it loads again.

4 hours ago, Joel R said:

Suggestion:

• Add Auto Welcome specifically for clubs

By the way @Mike John, I need this suggestion like ... yesterday.  No pressure or anything.  But totally lots of pressure.  

I am onboarding the biggest expansion my website has ever seen over the weekend - and they're all clubs.  I'm getting 100+ new registrations every day and launched 4 new clubs in the past 24 hours, ever since Yahoo announced the limitation of Yahoo Groups.   

• 3 weeks later...