Auto Welcome Support

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/5/2023 at 2:03 AM, Michael.J said:

What about for the task logs area for the auto welcome delay task? See acp > system tab > advanced configuration > view tasks > find auto welcome task > click little search/view logs icon.

Sorry I forgot all about this and noticed it again today when a member registered.  There's no log messages for the welcomeAlerts task. 

Also I'm only using the reply to existing topic configuration.  Everything else is disabled. 

Edited by Clover13
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Michael,

I was wondering if you plan to have this app also auto welcome those that become new members using the social integration methods with Twitter/Google/Etc.?  It seems to only pick up traditional registrations leaving out more than half of new members.  Thanks!

25 minutes ago, BradTBP said:

Hello Michael,

I was wondering if you plan to have this app also auto welcome those that become new members using the social integration methods with Twitter/Google/Etc.?  It seems to only pick up traditional registrations leaving out more than half of new members.  Thanks!

Can you share your settings and IPS version?  I haven't been able to get it to work replying to an existing topic.

2 hours ago, Clover13 said:

Can you share your settings and IPS version?  I haven't been able to get it to work replying to an existing topic.

I don't use it to reply to an existing topic, with each new member (through traditional "sign up") it creates a new topic.  I am on latest version of IPS and the app.  If you still want settings, I can provide.

1 hour ago, BradTBP said:

I don't use it to reply to an existing topic, with each new member (through traditional "sign up") it creates a new topic.  I am on latest version of IPS and the app.  If you still want settings, I can provide.

Thanks. I'll set up the same and try it.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Developer Michael has not been online either here or on devfuse his own website. so i think he has abandoned his apps. real life has probably taken over so he doesn't have time to upgrade all the apps. he was online last on his website May 9th. unfortunately just uninstall or ask another developer to upgrade for you but it will cost money. you can ask for an ex: @Adriano Faria

Cheers

Edited by Chris59
16 hours ago, Leogui2k3 said:

I'm having trouble sending a message to the chat window when a member joins.
I'm using IPS 4.7.13, Chatbox+ 2.7.7 and updated auto greeting 2.6.2.

The Send message to chat window switch is grayed out. How to fix it?

It looks like to me like you need help with the Chatbox app rather than the Welcome app. 

The Welcome app doesn't send the welcome message on other apps by default and this doesn't fall under the support category, but under the 'extra work' category.