v5 news coming soon...

• Management
53 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Will IPS v5 have CKEditor with the option to add third party CKEditor 5 plugins?

No. It's not the same as it was in CKEditor v5 due to how they changed building the editor. We will ship with more plugins though, and you can drag them into the toolbar as normal.

@Matt, would you please consider enabling reactions in private messages, now that hooks are gone?

The argument used by someone else from IPS (don't remember who or where) that a member would not see where the reactions were given doesn't make sense as it already happens since forever: a member can't view the reactions you gave or received in private forums. 🙂

This also helps to reduce the number of emails sent just to show you "read" the messsage.

• Matt featured and unfeatured this topic

I'd like to see PDF generation for content/invoices/etc in emails and for download. Users being able to archive content to PDFs stored locally on their devices is a big missing feature in 4.x. 

Don't know how difficult it is to generate PDF, but I don't think it is that much different than generating HTML using templates.

For my custom apps, integrating PDF generation as a core service would be very desirable.

So excited to see what is coming next for Invision. As far as a wishlist one thing for me is just a general thought, but SEO SEO SEO. Any SEO improvements that help our forum threads get indexed would be huge.

Otherwise, one thing I have always wanted are Notification filters. When I see that I have 20 notifications there are times that I don't need to check every Reaction notification. But I definitely want to see all @ notifications so I make sure I respond to them all.

Ban users from topic.

This has been a problem ever since the start. I don't want to ban posters from certain forums, but this is what I've had to do to prevent those posting in certain topics. Even the banning from a forum isn't ideal, I have to create a new member group and place those members in there, but thats what I've done. It would be so much easier to just have a ban from topic option though.

Edited by marklcfc

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yeah, this has come around a few times. We do have the option to put a single topic into post moderation, but restricting posting to some members would be handy.

I've never used that because my phone will be going off constantly to approve posts

• Management
14 minutes ago, SeNioR- said:

Are there any changes to SEO?

What would you like to see? We have our SEO reviewed quite often by our brand customers and while there is always room for improvement, most are very happy with the performance. We always watch changes to Google's algorithms and adjust where required.

On 7/31/2023 at 7:09 AM, Matt said:

but restricting posting to some members would be handy

Another great addition, now that hook is gone, would be the ability to put a specific content item on ignore (or something). That would make it not to appear in streams every time a new reply is made.

Edited by Adriano Faria

On 7/21/2023 at 12:12 PM, Matt said:

Hi all,

Next week we plan on releasing a few blogs outlining what development looks like for Invision Community v5.

I was curious as to what changes you'd like to see, and what changes do you think are coming?

I would be interested if page application going to be better for creating basic site front end pages and some navigation options. Non tech folks like me, can't make the best use of Page app and information available on our site. I really have whacky landing page which I would like to make better. 

Edited by AlexJ

On 7/30/2023 at 4:41 PM, Matt said:

Already done. 

I hope you guys also have found a solution to the light/dark themes issue on copying and pasting.

Dark Theme = Already done. 

Light Theme =  Already done.

In many cases, it's much worse because the text is unreadable.

The problem has already been brought up, but as usual, none of you have made any comments.