How to be ready to upgrade to Invision 5.X

• Will having our communities on the newest version of 4.7.x better position us for a smoother upgrade to 5.x when it's available, or is 5.x so different that it won't make a difference?
  • Are steps being taken in 5.x to ensure a smooth upgrade to from 4.x?
  • What can we do now to prepare our communities for the upgrade without issues?

Thank you

7 hours ago, SJ77 said:
  • Will having our communities on the newest version of 4.7.x better position us for a smoother upgrade to 5.x when it's available, or is 5.x so different that it won't make a difference?
  • Are steps being taken in 5.x to ensure a smooth upgrade to from 4.x?
  • What can we do now to prepare our communities for the upgrade without issues?

Thank you

• Being on the latest release is something we would always advise, and yes will always make for the smoothest upgrade process
  • Yes, we always aim to make the process a smooth process. But this is also a large upgrade. If you have custom items, you need to account for those not working and needing upgrading when you get to that point
  • Review all 3rd party items and remove what you are not using. You could indeed set up a test environment as mentioned above, ready for this. However I would advise probably doing this closer to the time. Other than that, there isnt really anything else you can do to prepare until we are ready. 

I am working with my provider to setup a new server for WHM cPanel moving from CentOS to Rocky Linux and in the process upgrading SQL and PHP. Trying to figure out the move with DNS name servers and also CloudFlair involved.