v5 news coming soon...

55 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to run within your license agreement. So this would be only 1 live install, and a non-accessible test install if needed.

Ouch! Providers should definitely get significant discounts on multiple licences then. By choosing to retain 2 versions at the same time, we have to decide whether to support either solely the newest version or buy/re-use a second license. We'll have people with existing theme/app purchases expecting to be able to stay on IPS4 but of course, a second group wanting to upgrade to IC5 on the day of release!

36 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

By choosing to retain 2 versions at the same time, we have to decide whether to support either solely the newest version or buy/re-use a second license.

This isnt the case. As mentioned by Nathan above, you can do this on a localhost install. What you cant do is have 2  online sites running. One with your v4 and one with your v5, which is what I thought you were referring to there

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Not sure how you're stopped from doing the above, unless you're using your test installation to do your development instead of a localhost installation?

58 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This isnt the case. As mentioned by Nathan above, you can do this on a localhost install. What you cant do is have 2  online sites running. One with your v4 and one with your v5, which is what I thought you were referring to there

Yes, Marc was right in that I was referring to providing both an IPS4 and 5 demo/marketplace. I currently have 4 licences and localhost for dev.

Sadly, IPS management does not allow inactive clients to reply on most of the forums on this community, and they don't see any value to people who have been with them decades. Now days they see only the green color of the $.

@Ehren the new theme editor looks really really great. Thank you for the great work you've been doing to take IPS theme to a next level.

I do have a few suggestions that would make it easier on all IPS users and communities. It would nice if we could give members access to have their own style not everything of course and add that under Account Settings. For examples, "Look and Feel" or "User Interface"

Under this setting we will have

1. Default color scheme. Many members would like to have their theme looks Light or Dark all the time whenever they are signing from any device. Easier especially if you set your browser to delete cookies automatically every day.
  2. Layouts
  • Pages Layout
  • Forum Index
  • Topic List
  • Topic View

It just will be nice to give members some options on how they want to see the community.

On 10/12/2023 at 4:14 AM, Daniel F said:

There were few changes which will affect own REST API endpoints.🫢

Could contain: Page, Text

We'll cover this in an upcoming dev blog entry 🙂

Love to see the attribute use! Can’t tell you how many times I’ve screwed up the docblock formatting for my API docs and not realized it. Game changer! Hopefully this applies to the apiOutput method as well or something similar has been created!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...