Giphy stopped functioning

Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 11:14 PM, Kenneth Baker said:

Issue solved, there's some odd issue with the custom key and the setting to switch to the public wasnt saved

thanks for the replies

What did you do exactly? Could you share with us?

Tested locally in dev/test and also on my test and live sites...

In short...the default key used by Invision has been banned (below test image is from this site, follow up images from my testing)

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

If you pop a var_dump into the giphy function in the Editor module (core\modules\front\system\editor.php) as follows:

Could contain: Text, Page

You get this response:

Could contain: Text, Document, Mathematical Equation

As this isn't picked up by the error check (as it is checking $request['message'], which doesn't exist in that response) it progresses all the way through to "No results to display" as the returned information to the front-end.

Fix: switch to a custom key if you are using the default key provided by Invision.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

4 hours ago, DawPi said:

What did you do exactly? Could you share with us?

With someone else's help i took the default key and entered it in the custom key field, it worked until recently, since a few days ago that stopped working and still neither did my old custom key so i created a new one

Edited by Kenneth Baker

On 5/24/2023 at 10:48 AM, Matt said:

It looks like the key that our Giphy rep set up has now been blocked, likely because of the sale. I can reach out again but I think we'll just adjust the set-up to recommend you set up your own custom key.

Dang... thanks for sharing this with us. Before setting up our own keys, should we wait for news/response on this issue?

13 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

If you created a new key, there is a rate limiting unless you have had the new key approved by giphy for production use. 

Thanks for the answer

With all this i think we got to the point where its not worth anymore to bother and get this feature to work and might as well just have it removed

• 3 weeks later...