Radical Tags

5 hours ago, Oren Arizoni said:

Hi,

pre-purchase question: is it possible to use the radical tags to add only items from a db that were tagged with specific tags?

thanks

Hey Oren!

Can you elaborate on what you mean a bit? Add items where to where exactly? When you say a db I'm guessing you mean a pages database but I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do.

Hi Makoto,

Thanks for the quick reply - what we're trying to do is to use tags on our news items in order to categorize them and display certain news items on certain sections and on the main news page.

For example:

We have a page with db(pages database) of news items:

NEWSITEM1 - Tagged with TAG1,TAG2

NEWSITEM2 - Tagged with TAG3,TAG5

NEWSITEM3 - Tagged with TAG7

We also other pages on the site that suppose to display news that were tagged with certain tags

For example

NEWSSECTIONABOUTUSA - This page needs to display all news items that were tagged with TAG7 or TAG3

NEWSSECTIONABOUTASIA - This page  needs to display all news items that were tagged with TAG1

hopes it explains what we're trying to achieve...

That's doable with your app?

12 hours ago, Oren Arizoni said:

Hi Makoto,

Thanks for the quick reply - what we're trying to do is to use tags on our news items in order to categorize them and display certain news items on certain sections and on the main news page.

For example:

We have a page with db(pages database) of news items:

NEWSITEM1 - Tagged with TAG1,TAG2

NEWSITEM2 - Tagged with TAG3,TAG5

NEWSITEM3 - Tagged with TAG7

We also other pages on the site that suppose to display news that were tagged with certain tags

For example

NEWSSECTIONABOUTUSA - This page needs to display all news items that were tagged with TAG7 or TAG3

NEWSSECTIONABOUTASIA - This page  needs to display all news items that were tagged with TAG1

hopes it explains what we're trying to achieve...

That's doable with your app?

That’s actually a really awesome idea so I +1 this idea and would like to see it implemented. Just curious when the next version that has enhancements to the basic editor will be available. No rush just wondering is all. You’ve made an awesome application @Makoto and look forward to see the full potential of it. 

Hi Makoto,

I've many tags with spaces.
When I click a TAG in Tag Cloud the space is showed as %2520 instead of %20, and IPS finds no results.

In tag Cloud the link is correct.

tagcloud01.png.f1c327b4f1623f25f176606371582aec.png

But when I click it, the browser shows:

tagcloud02.png.f1e0a9b7f0aba63dcc75a7804f7a210d.png

It seems that the %20 is URLencoded again, wich transfors the %20 to %2520 (the % character is encoded as %25).

On 2/11/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ernest_Defoe said:

Also something else that just hit me is the ability to change the font color since some of the schools my site will cover have multiple colors so it would be nice to have the background as their primary color and the text to me their secondary color. Maybe even add FA icons in the basic editor.

@Makoto I thought you mentioned this feature would be included in 1.6.0 but it’s not in 1.7.0 just curious when this will be implemented? Not fussing or anything just curious is all. 

6 minutes ago, Ernest_Defoe said:

@Makoto I thought you mentioned this feature would be included in 1.6.0 but it’s not in 1.7.0 just curious when this will be implemented? Not fussing or anything just curious is all. 

Hey Ernest,

My apologies! It seems I forgot to actually add this to the issues tracker so it ended up slipping my mind. I've added it as a milestone for the next release now however, and it will definitely be included in 1.8.0 which I'll try and push out in the next week, along with a few other updates.

Sorry again and thank you for your patience!

Just now, Makoto said:

Hey Ernest,

My apologies! It seems I forgot to actually add this to the issues tracker so it ended up slipping my mind. I've added it as a milestone for the next release now however, and it will definitely be included in 1.8.0 which I'll try and push out in the next week, along with a few other updates.

Sorry again and thank you for your patience!

No worries. We all get busy and things slip our minds. Thank you for adding my suggestions. 

3 hours ago, sudo said:

Hi

Just installed 1.7.0 after buying but I cant create a prefix from the tags listed from my vb import.

If I use the drop down on a tag I get an error:

2S106/1 Page Not Found.

Hey Sudo!

Sorry for the inconvenience, I've confirmed the issue and will have it fixed in a maintenance release.

In the meantime, you can still manually add tags to customize by going to the Customize page and clicking the create button in the top right-hand corner.

I was one of the first people that purchased this, but I didn't renew, because the renewal period fell within a period of inactivity by you and I wasn't sure this won't be abandoned. Now I see that I am unable to just renew and I have to buy it again.

Is it like it is supposed to be or there is something funky going on?

39 minutes ago, jair101 said:

I was one of the first people that purchased this, but I didn't renew, because the renewal period fell within a period of inactivity by you and I wasn't sure this won't be abandoned. Now I see that I am unable to just renew and I have to buy it again.

Is it like it is supposed to be or there is something funky going on?

Hey @jair101,

You should be able to manually renew your purchase from the following page:
https://invisioncommunity.com/clients/purchases/

Let me know if you run into any troubles getting this taken care of!