Radical Tags

1 hour ago, IPBPowerDev said:

How do I capitalize prefixes? Is this even possible? @Makoto

On 7/6/2020 at 8:22 PM, Makoto said:

You may need to use the advanced tag editor to display your modified tags with an uppercase letter. Keep in mind this will only apply to your modified tags however.

By default, the tags themselves are all lowercase for consistency.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 4:52 AM, Makoto said:

Yes, the application will be updated for 4.5!

There's one maintenance release going out with some minor bug fixes for 4.4.x, then after that I will start releasing a new branch with 4.5 compatibility

Hi there,

Currently "tag cloud" doesn't work in 4.5. I wonder if this is a known issue you're fixing for the newer version?

Kind regards!

4 minutes ago, Daniel B. said:

Hi there,

Currently "tag cloud" doesn't work in 4.5. I wonder if this is a known issue you're fixing for the newer version?

Kind regards!

Hey Daniel!

I'll definitely look into this for you tonight and get it fixed if there's an issue.

11 minutes ago, Daniel B. said:

Hi there,

Kind regards!

It seems to be working on my current test installation,

image.png.0c2c498b324dcce4922e964ee0a323fe.png

Is it not displaying for you at all, or just not functioning correctly in some way?

6 minutes ago, Makoto said:

It seems to be working on my current test installation,

image.png.0c2c498b324dcce4922e964ee0a323fe.png

Is it not displaying for you at all, or just not functioning correctly in some way?

is not displaying at all 😔  only the widget box and the title. But if it works for you, it may be conflicting with another plugin or maybe there's something wrong with my plugin files. I'd reinstall it but the new marketplace thing won't let me re-install 😅, and I don't want to lose my settings if I uninstall the plugin... Hmm 🤔

Just now, Daniel B. said:

is not displaying at all 😔  only the widget box and the title. But if it works for you, it may be conflicting with another plugin or maybe there's something wrong with my plugin files. I'd reinstall it but the new marketplace thing won't let me re-install 😅, and I don't want to lose my settings if I uninstall the plugin... Hmm 🤔

If you can send me a PM here and set me up a temporary AdminCP account, I'll be happy to take a look for you!

13 hours ago, Ocean West said:

FYI just running in to this:

This will be fixed in a maintenance patch later tonight, but will need to await for approval from IPS.

FWIW, this method is documented as only accepting arrays, so it should never be passed a string, though I see IPS manually casts $set to an array if it's not one in the internal method.

/**
	 * Set tags
	 * @param	array				$set	The tags (if one has the key "prefix", it will be set as the prefix)
	 * @param	\IPS\Member::NULL	$member	The member saving the tags, or NULL for currently logged in member
	 * @return	void
	 */

I'd prefer @bfarber or someone kept that bug report open and rather than closing it as a third-party issue address the fact that the RSS class isn't recording tags as it should, especially given that what was passed to the method was seemingly just '[]' (an empty array incorrectly represented as a string), but nonetheless, I'll address it. I'm thinking there are still underlying issues in this class that need fixed, though. This is why I'd rather IPS move towards strict type checking.

1 hour ago, Ernest_Defoe said:

Would it be possible to add into the basic editor a spot where you can add the FA code to add FA icons to prefixes? I know I had suggested this earlier but not sure if you saw it or responded to it. 

I can certainly look into implementing this in the next feature release! Keep in mind that feature updates going forward are likely just going to be for IPS 4.5 however.

Edited by Makoto

Hi, I just bought your app and I cant setup Prefix: Users can only choose from a specified set of prefixes

When I setup anything apart from Use global configuration and Require a prefix?No, tags and prefixes are missing in form

I am using only pages categories

Thanks

va.thumb.JPG.12877042a7a545c61009a6a09f6a0210.JPG

vb.thumb.JPG.c036563c5035286277cc93a3f333e3e9.JPG

13 minutes ago, sound said:

looking at purchasing but a question

if I used this app for say a year or two, but then uninstalled it

what would happen to all the  tags that had been entered through your app?

would they all just revert to the normal invision tags ?

That is correct. This application only enhances IPS' native tagging system, so if you uninstall or disable it, tags and prefixes will still be there just without any custom formatting.

3 hours ago, jair101 said:

I have AT&P and going 4.5 I will definitely have to convert. What is the recommended way to do it:

Install radical tags on 4.4, convert there, then upgrade to 4.5 or
upgrade to 4.5, install radical tags and convert after that

Is one better than the other?

As far as I'm aware AT&P has been abandoned and still has a number of compatibility issues and bugs with 4.4 that were never addressed after being taken over by another developer, so I wouldn't advise even trying to upgrade to 4.5 with it enabled.

You can perform a migration from AT&P to RT on IPS 4.4 and then uninstall AT&P once you confirm everything has been migrated properly. If you'd like me to do this for you, I can do so free of charge as a one-time service, just send me a PM here to set up a time to have that done.

Edited by Makoto