Radical Tags

On 9/9/2020 at 8:10 AM, Archimed said:

It works with tag from Page database articles ?

6 hours ago, mardiv said:

Hi, when I have Radical Tags and create page database, that database is broken. I must first uninstall Radical Tags and then create the database.

Hi again

As said just about to purchase but these two posts are a concern as my planned main use is for database use rather than forum

Is it more suited for forum based use?

thanks

Hi @Makoto

I've an idea (feature request)

For an unread new topic (just new topic, not new posts), is it possible to add an prefix with a custom tag, which is visible for every member until the member read this topic. spacer.png

And is it possible to set the permission for custom forums !?

If the member read the new topic, the custom tag should be unvisible. 

Hi there @Makoto

We are contacting you due to an issue we have encountered while using your plugin Radical Tag. First of all I would like to clarify that we are using Invision Community 4.5.2 but that we had the same issue on the 4.5.1. Also, we are using the latest version of the Radical Tag.

The issue we are encountering, that might be as well an issue on our end by not properly understanding the plugin, is the following: Not being able to restrict specific tags to specific groups. 
In our case, we would like our users to create threads/topic by using a specific set of tags, for organization purpose, and then our staff being able to apply a tag that we called "Resolved" that must be applicable only by our staff members.
The first part, regarding users creating threads using specific tags/prefixes, is easy to achieve by using the tag mode "Prefix" (since prefixes in front of topics is what we want) . However, in this way and with this tag the staff members are not able later to edit the tag as they get an error saying that tags are not defined despite we clearly defined them in the "Posting Setting" tab.

A problem that we have noticed is the fact that the "Defined Tags" on the "Posting Setting" can be edited only if you uncheck the "Use Default" option on both the "Post Setting" and the "Radical Tags" tab. However, the "Defined Tags" in the "Radical Tags" tab is totally unusable and we cannot type anything into it.

So, considering what written above regarding how we would like to have our system (part related to restricting tags to specific groups/staff applying tag even if tag mode is closed or prefix) what should we do?

We hope to hear you back as soon as possible and thank you in advance for the support you will provide.
Have a great day.

- Nikola

Good morning, @Makoto

We recently installed Radical Tags 1.9.2 as part of our upgrade to IPB 4.5 as we were still using Advanced Tags and Prefixes 3.2.0.

We ported our AT&P configuration using the functionality on the Radical Tags "Tools" page.  However, we've noticed that those imported Prefixes are no longer "clickable" as they were in AT&P.  By that I mean that they're no longer acting like a link but rather like merely a graphic.  In contrast, the tags that were imported from AT&P are fully clickable as they were before.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated! 

Edit: OK, I solved that problem by figuring out that the Prefixes had imported from AT&P as "Badges" and changed the  CSS code to convert them into linkable objects.  Now the remaining issue is that none of them are showing up on the Tag Cloud despite having "Include prefixes" selected in the block settings.  I'm guessing it's the CSS code that I used.  If you could look at this example for one of my Prefixes and tell me what appears to be wrong, I'd be appreciative!

<a href="{tagUrl}" title="{tagTitle}" rel="tag"><span class="ipsTag_prefix" style="background-color:#107c10; color: white;">{tag}</span></a>

Edited by SFLUFAN
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 8:16 AM, SFLUFAN said:

Good morning, @Makoto

We recently installed Radical Tags 1.9.2 as part of our upgrade to IPB 4.5 as we were still using Advanced Tags and Prefixes 3.2.0.

We ported our AT&P configuration using the functionality on the Radical Tags "Tools" page.  However, we've noticed that those imported Prefixes are no longer "clickable" as they were in AT&P.  By that I mean that they're no longer acting like a link but rather like merely a graphic.  In contrast, the tags that were imported from AT&P are fully clickable as they were before.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated! 

Edit: OK, I solved that problem by figuring out that the Prefixes had imported from AT&P as "Badges" and changed the  CSS code to convert them into linkable objects.  Now the remaining issue is that none of them are showing up on the Tag Cloud despite having "Include prefixes" selected in the block settings.  I'm guessing it's the CSS code that I used.  If you could look at this example for one of my Prefixes and tell me what appears to be wrong, I'd be appreciative!

<a href="{tagUrl}" title="{tagTitle}" rel="tag"><span class="ipsTag_prefix" style="background-color:#107c10; color: white;">{tag}</span></a>

@Makoto - just wanted to bump this for your assistance when you get a chance, please!

On 5/23/2019 at 3:07 AM, Ocean West said:

TypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null given, called in /storage/fmforums/public_html/applications/radtags/sources/Table/Tags.php on line 174 (0)
#0 /storage/fmforums/public_html/applications/radtags/sources/Table/Tags.php(174): IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags->parseRow('tag_text', NULL, Array)
#1 /storage/fmforums/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(484): IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags->getRows(Array)
#2 /storage/fmforums/public_html/applications/radtags/modules/admin/tags/listing.php(56): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#3 /storage/fmforums/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\radtags\modules\admin\tags\_listing->manage()
#4 /storage/fmforums/public_html/applications/radtags/modules/admin/tags/listing.php(37): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /storage/fmforums/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\radtags\modules\admin\tags\_listing->execute()
#6 /storage/fmforums/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

installed and clicked blogs and got this error

I'm also getting this error on 4.5.3 new install

Not sure if discussed above, but I am getting this error shown instead of one of my forum categories:

[[Template forums/front/index/forumRow is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With radical tags disabled there are no problems. 

Also, with AT&P one of the features was the ability to click on prefix and show all topics that are using this prefix. Is this available or there is another issue on my test install'?

1 hour ago, jair101 said:

Not sure if discussed above, but I am getting this error shown instead of one of my forum categories:

[[Template forums/front/index/forumRow is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With radical tags disabled there are no problems. 

Also, with AT&P one of the features was the ability to click on prefix and show all topics that are using this prefix. Is this available or there is another issue on my test install'?

Did you just recently migrate from ATP to Radical Tags? You may have some NULL / empty tag entries in your database if so.

If you can send me a DM and set me up with ACP access I can take a look and get it resolved for you.

You should also be able to click on prefixes to go to the tag search page without issue, if this is not working I'd try running the support tool first and see if this clears up any issues.

16 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Did you just recently migrate from ATP to Radical Tags? You may have some NULL / empty tag entries in your database if so.

If you can send me a DM and set me up with ACP access I can take a look and get it resolved for you.

You should also be able to click on prefixes to go to the tag search page without issue, if this is not working I'd try running the support tool first and see if this clears up any issues.

Thanks. Its a test board that I migrated from AT&P after upgrade to 4.5, which as advised above is probably not ideal. I will let you know if I face the same issues once I upgrade prod. 

Edited by jair101

Hello @Makoto,

I hope this message finds you well.

My current ipb version is 4.4, and i am planned this week to upgrade my system to 4.5. 

Until now i worked with Advanced Tags & Prefixes, but because of the ATP lack 4.5 compatibility, and due to your app wonderful reviews, i want moving to the radical APP. 

I would like to buy the Radical app this week, but i want first please clarify 2 subjects

1. could i insert prefix picture instead of a simple colored text prefix.

2.what is the meaning of the renewal fee ? is it mandatory to pay 15$ every 6 months? 

Many thanks.

Edited by livegames.co.il

Hey @livegames.co.il!

7 hours ago, livegames.co.il said:

1. could i insert prefix picture instead of a simple colored text prefix.

2.what is the meaning of the renewal fee ? is it mandatory to pay 15$ every 6 months? 

1. You can, sure! You'll just need to use the advanced editor and add in some custom HTML code to embed the image yourself, but I do utilize image icons myself on one of my communities and can provide an example HTML snippet you can use for this if needed!
  2. You do not have to renew to continue using the application, only for updates and continued support. If you do not renew after 6 months, the current version you have will still continue to function as normal.
16 hours ago, livegames.co.il said:

My current ipb version is 4.4, and i am planned this week to upgrade my system to 4.5. 

Until now i worked with Advanced Tags & Prefixes, but because of the ATP lack 4.5 compatibility, and due to your app wonderful reviews, i want moving to the radical APP. 

I'm sure you wont regret it. I made the move recently and was unsure at shelling out more money, having done so before, but @Makoto was really quick to respond and proactive with helping to resolve DB issues caused by a prior ATP bug. 1st rate support. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, updated to IPBoard 4.5 and last radical tags version, everything went smoothly that's nice.

But I still have an issue : when a guest clicks on "new content" button (with registration allowed later), the tags field does not show. (?do=add parameters after a forum url).

For this reason, most of new members create posts that don't have tags.

Could you activate tags and prefixes rules on guests new posts ?

Thanks.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:00 PM, Makoto said:

You can, sure! You'll just need to use the advanced editor and add in some custom HTML code to embed the image yourself, but I do utilize image icons myself on one of my communities and can provide an example HTML snippet you can use for this if needed!

Yes please, thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, Maxtor said:

Can we add image as a prefix?

On 10/13/2020 at 7:00 PM, Makoto said:

Hey @livegames.co.il!

1. You can, sure! You'll just need to use the advanced editor and add in some custom HTML code to embed the image yourself, but I do utilize image icons myself on one of my communities and can provide an example HTML snippet you can use for this if needed!
  2. You do not have to renew to continue using the application, only for updates and continued support. If you do not renew after 6 months, the current version you have will still continue to function as normal.