Jump to content

Radical Tags


Makoto

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Telemacus2 said:

Thanks a lot Makoto, very kind of you. (do you get any sleep?? 😃)

I think I see what's happening. If My forum is setup to require a prefix BUT I also click on "Prefix: Users can only choose from a specified set of prefixes", when I new post is created in that forum, a user will not have the option to add a tag as well as a prefix (which I find a bit illogical, as having to pick from a set of prefixes shouldn't really affect the option to add tags also), but I'm sure there's a good reason for this.

Haha, I do, I just tend to do most of my work at night.

I think you've partially got it.

When you enable the Require a prefix setting, it will force the user to select a prefix when submitting the topic, but they can still provide other tags.

When you enable Prefix: Users can only choose from a specified set of prefixes, this means users can only add a prefix to the topic, not any regular tags.

When both of these settings are enabled, the user must select a prefix. When only the latter is enabled, adding a prefix is optional, but still the only option available.

If you want the user to be able to use both tags and prefixes, you'll want to use Open: Users can use whatever tags they like instead. You can still require the user provide a prefix along with this, and define a list of what prefixes they can use if you wish.

Does that make sense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2020 at 7:30 AM, Makoto said:

Sorry for the delay, I'm able to reproduce this issue on IPS 4.5 and will have an update addressing the issue by tomorrow (approval may take an additional 24-48 hours however).

Much appreciated. Read through the last page or two and you've been busy. I appreciate you taking care of this issue! Have a happy New Year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Ocean West said:

I got  a notice that there is an update but when i try it says something when wrong?

Can you set up a temporary AdminCP account for me and send me a message here? I'll look into what's causing this error for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, EROAN said:

Same here !

Can you send me the same information requested above? It looks like for the above user, there was an issue with their marketplace link, as when attempting to update Invision's API server was returning a forbidden/access denied error (meaning the issue isn't with Radical Tags itself)

You could try logging into the marketplace section of your AdminCP and see if you need to sign in / link your IPS account again, which may resolve the issue.

There was also a recent patch released by IPS that addressed some upgrade issues for applications, but the changelog says it only applies to applications which are disabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

I had to renew the app in the market place - I think IPS needs a better error when a payment is due durning and update.

Ah, for sure I agree. I didn't realize it didn't display renewal notices for applications in the ACP. I'd definitely make a feature request topic for that to be changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm finally upgrading my forums from 3.4.6 to 4.5.4.2.

We have used AT&P extensively, but will need to disable and remove it prior to upgrade. Does this solution consider existing AT&P DB data and convert it, or will I need to rebuild from the ground up under this solution?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

I'm finally upgrading my forums from 3.4.6 to 4.5.4.2.

We have used AT&P extensively, but will need to disable and remove it prior to upgrade. Does this solution consider existing AT&P DB data and convert it, or will I need to rebuild from the ground up under this solution?

Hey z9!

In this situation, you'd need to add your tags in manually after upgrading, as the likely difference in database structure would mean Radical Tags cannot properly convert over any more.

If you have a very large number of customized tags and really want them migrated over instead, I'd be happy to help you convert them for a small one-time fee! (The only reason I'd have to charge here is at this level it becomes more of a conversion service)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2021 at 3:51 AM, Makoto said:

Hey z9!

In this situation, you'd need to add your tags in manually after upgrading, as the likely difference in database structure would mean Radical Tags cannot properly convert over any more.

If you have a very large number of customized tags and really want them migrated over instead, I'd be happy to help you convert them for a small one-time fee! (The only reason I'd have to charge here is at this level it becomes more of a conversion service)

Thanks for confirming ... I suspected. It looks like we are changing our entire maintenance strategy and forum structure when we move, so I think it works out fine to start from scratch. Will purchase shortly and get back with Qs and feedback if I have any.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just purchased and am only seeing a web install option through my ACP. Is it possible for me to obtain the installation package outside of the IPS web install? I prefer to extract the files manually for the upgrade if possible. I need to install this on both my prod and dev instances, so not sure how that is going to work with their licensing scheme. I do not want to have this active in only a single env.

EDIT2: I just found that IPS in all of their wisdom made theme-breaking changes to 4.5.x ... why?!?!? I assume that you do not have a 4.4.x compatible version of Radical tags? Any advice on reverting the latest theme-breaking changes? looks like they changed to header elements and added their own themes to the ACP. Anyway, I will not be able to use this plugin until I put in the hundreds of hours required to revert all of their unnecessary layout changes, so I will need a refund and will re-purchase if I ever upgrade IPS again. If you do know how to reapply the 4.4 friendly and CSS-backward-compatible layouts to 4.5, I'd pay you or anyone else for such services. I just don't have the time to troubleshoot it all myself 😞

Edited by z929669
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible to add tags and prefixes to the category names as well? I have added tags and prefixes to posts with built-in IPS tags, but I need to add tags to forum categories. See attachment

Thanks a lot

 

image.thumb.png.cbb3041ae2b9ea86c407e65a41d9e77f.png

Edited by Alfonso Moreno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2021 at 10:56 AM, z929669 said:

Thanks for confirming ... I suspected. It looks like we are changing our entire maintenance strategy and forum structure when we move, so I think it works out fine to start from scratch. Will purchase shortly and get back with Qs and feedback if I have any.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just purchased and am only seeing a web install option through my ACP. Is it possible for me to obtain the installation package outside of the IPS web install? I prefer to extract the files manually for the upgrade if possible. I need to install this on both my prod and dev instances, so not sure how that is going to work with their licensing scheme. I do not want to have this active in only a single env.

EDIT2: I just found that IPS in all of their wisdom made theme-breaking changes to 4.5.x ... why?!?!? I assume that you do not have a 4.4.x compatible version of Radical tags? Any advice on reverting the latest theme-breaking changes? looks like they changed to header elements and added their own themes to the ACP. Anyway, I will not be able to use this plugin until I put in the hundreds of hours required to revert all of their unnecessary layout changes, so I will need a refund and will re-purchase if I ever upgrade IPS again. If you do know how to reapply the 4.4 friendly and CSS-backward-compatible layouts to 4.5, I'd pay you or anyone else for such services. I just don't have the time to troubleshoot it all myself 😞

Hey @z929669,

Sorry for missing your message. I do indeed have a 4.4 compatible release, though it doesn't receive feature updates anymore.

I can either provide you with this version that you can install manually or I can have a refund processed for you if you prefer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Hey @z929669,

Sorry for missing your message. I do indeed have a 4.4 compatible release, though it doesn't receive feature updates anymore.

I can either provide you with this version that you can install manually or I can have a refund processed for you if you prefer.

I would absolutely LOVE the 4.4 version please. No refund necessary if that's the case! I will upgrade to 4.5 eventually, but 4.4 will be just fine if Radical Tags for that version has all of the most meaningful features. Can you PM me a link?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Alfonso Moreno said:

Is it possible to add tags and prefixes to the category names as well? I have added tags and prefixes to posts with built-in IPS tags, but I need to add tags to forum categories. See attachment

Thanks a lot

 

image.thumb.png.cbb3041ae2b9ea86c407e65a41d9e77f.png

Unfortunately there's no way to add tags or prefixes to categories at the moment, I'm not sure if/when this would ever be possible either I'm afraid, as categories are simply not designed to work with the core tagging system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...