Radical Tags

I've literally replied to you within minutes asking you to provide me with login credentials so I can look into the issue and have it resolved for you and you refuse while simulataneously saying I'm offering you no support. I'm not sure how me asking you to just let me access your installation so I can fix the issue for you is too much effort, but if that's the way you feel I can't do anything about it. However, it does not mean I am not providing support.

The only reason you're not getting support is because you're refusing to let me offer it.

My offer still stands. If you want help, my support line is open. But if you're just going to sit here and insult me and say I'm not offering support when I clearly am trying to, I'm not going to respond any further.

Sorry we couldn't work things out. Be safe and have a nice day.

Edited by Makoto

@Makoto is offering to help @BankFodder 

It is not a big expense the application especially for the amount of work and effort makoto has put into it. Most apps on Invision are more of a hobby than anything so if you have a mission critical site then you probably need to be using mission critical software and have a team of in house coders.  Just because your site doesn't work properly for how you use it doesn't mean the app is broken. As makoto has said it is probably due to your previous ACP install. 

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I'm sure you're right

Yet you still felt the need to leave a 1-star review on the application over all of this.

You're welcome to share your opinion naturally, but I did provide a response to that review for others to see.

4 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I have simply recommended that people look through this support topic and make up their own minds on the level of support and also the smooth running of this plug-in.

It's up to them to make their own judgements.

You're clearly very upset about it

At this point if you're not here to get support, I'm going to have to ask that you leave this topic, as this thread is for clients of mine that need help and are actually willing to let me help them, not slander someone because they couldn't respond to your support request regarding a likely third-party plugin or server incompatibility issue (not an application stability issue) immediately due to serious real-life circumstances.

You've gotten your word in. You think you've hurt me and probably take pride in that, but I think the responses your review received speaks volumes,
image.png.3a531e7b05cc31815a1c9d1c19fa6ef7.png

I do my best to provide the best support I can, and I think that speaks for itself. I don't know where your rudeness and toxic hostility stems from but I don't really have patience for it. There's enough of that going on in the world right now. I won't be responding to you any further.

That said, for anyone else who uses this application and has found it useful, I do appreciate anyone who can take the time to leave your honest experiences in a review. I'm always here to help if you need it. 🙂 

Edited by Makoto

Hi Makoto,

Consider to buy this since we used "Advanced Tags and Prefixes application by Ryan on our current forum 3.4.9", we will update to latest IPB 4.4.10 tomorrow.

What the best steps if we go by this after the update, dose this inherit the prefixes images and settings from that from ATP?

Or you have recommendation if we go by this plugin.

Thanks in advanced.

6 hours ago, abobader said:

Hi Makoto,

Consider to buy this since we used "Advanced Tags and Prefixes application by Ryan on our current forum 3.4.9", we will update to latest IPB 4.4.10 tomorrow.

What the best steps if we go by this after the update, dose this inherit the prefixes images and settings from that from ATP?

Or you have recommendation if we go by this plugin.

Thanks in advanced.

Hey Abobader!

It should be able to migrate all of your tags and prefixes over from Advanced Tags and Prefixes without issue in most situations, but there are a few quirks sometimes that can cause issues which I will add checks for to prevent in the next release.

If you'd like, I can perform this upgrade process for you so you won't have to worry about anything. Just send me a private message when you're ready to upgrade and I'll get you taken care of.

Hi @Makoto

This seems like a fantastic plugin! I was wondering, are we able to redirect a tag to a different page?

By that I mean... let's say I have the tag "pizza" which I have tagged topics/threads and images with. If a user clicks on that tag, then the user is redirected to a URL of the admins choosing (be default in Invision, users are taken to the search page that shows content related to that tag).

Edited by AA15
2 minutes ago, AA15 said:

Hi @Makoto

This seems like a fantastic plugin! I was wondering, are we able to redirect a tag to a different page?

By that I mean... let's say I have the tag "pizza" which I have tagged topics/threads and images with. If a user clicks on that tag, then the user is redirected to a URL of the admins choosing (be default in Invision, users are taken to the search page that shows content related to that tag).

Hi @AA15!

At the moment, you can create aliases for tags and customize the way they are displayed, but there's currently no way to change where tags link to.

I can look into adding this as a feature to the advanced editor potentially but can't make any promises.

8 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Hi @AA15!

At the moment, you can create aliases for tags and customize the way they are displayed, but there's currently no way to change where tags link to.

I can look into adding this as a feature to the advanced editor potentially but can't make any promises.

Awesome @Makoto! If its possible to do, please let me know as soon as possible if you have the time, I'm super curious (and excited)!

I can buy this plugin in the next day or two if you can tell me if it can be done (and you'll be able to implement for Invision 4.5)

Edited by AA15
On 4/29/2020 at 6:20 PM, kmk said:

Hi @Makoto and guys who are using this app, before the purchase I would like to assure, 

1. My website is multilanguage community, Radical tags let me connect between tags? e.g. (english, spanish, chinese) life = vida = 生命. If I create an english topic I will want to place tag "life"; then I create a spanish topic that comes with tag "vdida"; finally I create a chinese topic and assign "生命" as tag.

Now I want to search all content that have "life" tag, clicking the tag "life". What I expect to see is all content that has "vida", "life" and "生命". Is it possible?

2. I want to use cloud tag feature in header. What I want to do is place all the most searching or using tags in the cloud tags widget, as my website is multilanguage. Is it possible according to language selection to show related language tags? e.g. if I am using spanish language, there should only be show to me spanish tags. If I change to english language, the widget should have to show only english tags, and the same logic with chinese language. Is it possible?

1. You can create aliases for tags, but this does not add localization to the tagging system. Tag aliases would just replace instances of one tag with another, so "生命" could be automatically replaced with "life", but you cannot currently make all three work as the same tag.

Implementing localization like this would require fairly significant work and is something I'd only be able to look into if there is enough of a demand for it, and it'd be implemented in an IPS 4.5 release of the application at the latest.

2. As there is no official way of localizing tags, there'd be no way to detect which is English, Spanish, and so on, so there's unfortunately no way to do this.

1 hour ago, Daniel B. said:

@Makoto I wonder how is it possible to create something like Categories for Tags, and display them as such in the front-end. I don't think this plugin does that.

Hey Daniel!

I actually have implemented something sort of like this myself using the Pages application, with descriptions and links to search pages for common tags. You could probably do something similar with Pages if you have it.

On 6/12/2020 at 11:09 PM, Makoto said:

Tag aliases would just replace instances of one tag with another

1. Aliases is a solution that just in case you don't want to delete the old tags?

2. So the replaced tag will be continuing appearing or not? 

3. What happen if the user is searching for the tag that is replaced by the an aliase?

24 minutes ago, kmk said:

1. Aliases is a solution that just in case you don't want to delete the old tags?

2. So the replaced tag will be continuing appearing or not? 

3. What happen if the user is searching for the tag that is replaced by the an aliase?

I am considering purchase one, last question maybe, this app let me do like below?:

On the topic page, when the user is creating a topic, I would like have some tags showed below the title that naturally need selected one or more by the authour. Right now these tags are hide with +Add Tags or Tags+ Choose, user need to click it then make selection. What I want is, when create topic, user don't have to click +Add Tags button to display which tags are there, these tags should be showed when open the Creating Topic page.

Sorry for another question relate Tag Cloud.

1. Is possible let me choose which tags should be appeared in the Tag Cloud widget?

2. Or there come with some criteria that let me create more rules to show tags in the Tag Cloud widget?

@Makoto We have been using your app for quite a while now and today we need to set new prefixes to certain forums, but I simply can't find the tags tab in the forums configuration screen. I have uninstalled AT&P a while ago since we were not using it anymore, so I don't know if that is the reason this tab vanished. Please advise.

This is the screen I am looking for and can't find:

ss010.png.7b84ced57a0796c3c0e760c976a25c03.png

This has been great for our community so far; thanks for putting it together! I'm noticing, though: it doesn't seem like it's possible to set permissions to override the tag requirement? Is this something that could potentially be added at some point?

We really need the ability to post some things without tags, but user-posted threads need to all have them, which has lead to the manual disabling of the minimum when something like a guide or event update needs to be posted. Tedious, to say the least. Ideally, we'd be able to leave the minimum on, and set permissions for some groups to be able to ignore it.

(Permissions for the use of specific tags would be helpful for us too; is there a way to set that in the current release I couldn't find?)

Edited by Kouren
On 3/29/2019 at 5:42 PM, Makoto said:

and in the future will support things like multimoderation tools for tags and Prefixes,

Hi Makoto,

The above is important to us and it the main reason if we go by this, is this been work at, and if yes, when it will be apply?

Thanks in advance.

Does this mod support sorting closed tag lists?

The current IPB release does not allow sorting so adding a new tag is impractical as it will be added to the end of the list.
(I assume most use alphabetical order for the list)

On 6/26/2020 at 9:50 PM, abobader said:

Hi Makoto,

The above is important to us and it the main reason if we go by this, is this been work at, and if yes, when it will be apply?

Thanks in advance.

Buddy, any info on this?

"and in the future will support things like multimoderation tools for tags and Prefixes"

Edited by abobader