Radical Tags

23 minutes ago, PandemicSoul said:

I purchased the plugin, installed it, and attempted to use the feature that would migrate from "Advanced Tags & Prefixes" and got an error. After which, my forums are not 500-error unavailable. I've submitted a ticket to Invision. What's the best way to securely get you the full error messaging I received? 

Please send me a PM here with temporary AdminCP credentials and/or FTP access and I'll look into this for you immediately.

Bought and installed today in replacement of Advanced Tags & Prefixes.

It took 3 minutes to make it work, I thought I would have to run through conversion steps but no, it works as this.

Thanks very much for developing this plugin, I couldn't have updated the forums to last version without it.

For those who hesitate, don't 😉

Edited by EROAN
On 4/29/2020 at 5:20 PM, kmk said:

Hi @Makoto and guys who are using this app, before the purchase I would like to assure, 

1. My website is multilanguage community, Radical tags let me connect between tags? e.g. (english, spanish, chinese) life = vida = 生命. If I create an english topic I will want to place tag "life"; then I create a spanish topic that comes with tag "vdida"; finally I create a chinese topic and assign "生命" as tag.

Now I want to search all content that have "life" tag, clicking the tag "life". What I expect to see is all content that has "vida", "life" and "生命". Is it possible?

2. I want to use cloud tag feature in header. What I want to do is place all the most searching or using tags in the cloud tags widget, as my website is multilanguage. Is it possible according to language selection to show related language tags? e.g. if I am using spanish language, there should only be show to me spanish tags. If I change to english language, the widget should have to show only english tags, and the same logic with chinese language. Is it possible?

Anyone can reply for this question?

• 2 weeks later...

Great Add-On.

I'd like to see a page in the ACP application section to edit all current tags in the list 🏷
I frequently have to edit our list of tags (>30) and often have to add one in the middle. At the moment this requires to delete all tags beginning from the nearest end and add the one I need to add. Then I have to re-add all I have deleted to maintain a proper list order, which is custom.  

Hi, I've just downloaded and installed radical tags and have now got this error when I go to "tags" of – manage tags

TypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null given, called in /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/radtags/sources/Table/Tags.php on line 174 (0)
#0 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/radtags/sources/Table/Tags.php(174): IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags->parseRow('tag_text', NULL, Array)
#1 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(489): IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags->getRows(Array)
#2 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/radtags/modules/admin/tags/listing.php(56): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#3 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\radtags\modules\admin\tags\_listing->manage()
#4 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/radtags/modules/admin/tags/listing.php(37): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\radtags\modules\admin\tags\_listing->execute()
#6 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main

Also

05/28/20 07:00 PMuncaught_exceptionTypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null...

•  
  •  

05/28/20 07:00 PMuncaught_exceptionTypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null...

•  
  •  

05/28/20 06:58 PMuncaught_exceptionTypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null...

•  
  •  

05/28/20 06:57 PMuncaught_exceptionTypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null...

•  
  •  

05/28/20 06:56 PMuncaught_exceptionTypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null...

•  
  •  

05/28/20 06:42 PMuncaught_exceptionTypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null...

•  
  •  

05/28/20 06:42 PMuncaught_exceptionTypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\radtags\Table\_Tags::parseRow() must be of the type string, null...

•  
  •  

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

Hi, I've just downloaded and installed radical tags and have now got this error when I go to "tags" of – manage tags

Did you have Advanced Tags and Prefixes installed previously?

Can you please send me a private message and set me up a temporary AdminCP account so I can review this? I should have it fixed for you within a few minutes.

30 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Can you please send me a private message and set me up a temporary AdminCP account so I can review this? I should have it fixed for you within a few minutes.

Yes - but I disabled it and still had the same result.

PM is with you

Edited by BankFodder
11 hours ago, Makoto said:

Thanks very much for fixing this so quickly.  Great support.

The problem still exists on our test site.  Is there anything I can do?  or would you need to go in there?

Thanks

Sorry, but now that I've installed radical tags I'm afraid that I need some serious help because I just don't understand how to get it going with our prefixes.

It's obviously a good application because a lot of people here are raving about it – but I'm afraid that I'm lost.

My main concern at the moment is that our RSS imports which have a prefix - rss: set, are working in some cases – but not in others. If you go to this page

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/151-general-consumer-issues-in-the-media/  you will see that some of them are correctly configured in colour – little RSS icons – but the majority of them are unaffected and are simply text.

I had expected that radical tags would identify them and convert them all into an icon.

Even the ones that have been successfully changed, having been changed into the shape that I wanted which was a rounded shape rather than a square shape. Also, I'd especially like to be able to use an image of an RSS icon – but maybe that's impossible.

Anyway, I'm sorry but I need some serious help on how to use this thing. I then like to go on to understand how the tags work

I will look into this for you in a bit. Does the error go away when using the default IPS template?

Regarding some posts missing prefixes, this would likely be an issue with Advanced Tags and Prefixes not storing the tags/prefixes correctly when you migrated, so they ended up being lost. I'm not sure what exactly is the cause of this, but as I mentioned previously, Advanced Tags and Prefixes seems to end up causing some entries in the core_tags table to be NULLed.

Edited by Makoto

Thanks.

I've just checked and found that the error still persists even when I revert to the default theme. Actually we are using the default theme anyway – just with some colour changes.

The error is not occurring on our test site – but then your application is not correctly installed there because it is still returning all the error messages which you saw yesterday on the live site.

Also I could do with a very simple lesson on how to produce coloured prefix icons on every post which is imported into our forum using the Invision RSS function. It worked well with ATP – but now it has stopped working completely and I don't understand how to configure your application – or whether it is even possible

Hi, I'm afraid that we still getting issues. The ATP has been completely uninstalled but your radical tags application is still causing problems and I posted a screenshot of it on Friday.

I'm afraid that I think that the whole thing is just too buggy for us at the moment. When I look through this thread, I see that it is plainly people reporting bugs and problems which are being sorted out bit by bit – and of course I accept that that is quite normal for an application – but am afraid that I'm running a large forum which doesn't make very much money and the whole thing is causing me too many difficulties.

I'm contacting you by private message about a refund.

I'd be very happy to tried again at some point – maybe after the big Invision upgrade which is predicted for later this year. That also worries me because there may be other applications or plug-ins which need upgrading – so I'm looking for a smoother ride as possible.

I'm sorry to say but I have a feeling that radical tags is really still in beta – but I'll keep an eye on its development and on the posts in this thread.

Hi @BankFodder

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am currently in one of the cities across the U.S. that has seen increased levels of violence, rioting, and looting as of this weekend, so have been unable to do much work out of fear for my own safety.

I am happy to look into the issues you were experiencing as mentioned above and will get them resolved for you, but I cannot provide a refund for the application.

Well I think you're quite wrong on your position in respect of a refund. It is clear that the application is buggy and it's been like that for a long time.

Anyway, if you think you can resolve it then I'd be grateful if you would do that – but without any more delays. I'm sorry to take a harsh line on this but looking at this thread, I would say that your support of your customers generally has been patchy.

Please could you let me know when you can access the site and I will alter your user rights to give you the access you need.

I have to say that if I'd known the difficulties this application was going to cause and if I had realised in advance the level of support and general attitude, then I would never have bought the application.

Our forum exists on the generosity of hard-pressed, debtladen individuals – and they don't give us their money to be thrown away.

Edited by BankFodder

This application has 52 clients that are using the application without issue. I do extensive testing on every release and do everything in my power to ensure it is stable with each and every release.

The issue you are experiencing is likely server specific or a conflict with another third-party application.

The application is not buggy for most all clients, I am sorry you are personally experiencing issues. I offered to look into the issue for you and resolve whatever issues you were experiencing. I would have had this done for you the next day, but as my city was literally nearly burned down that night I had other pressing matters on my mind at the time, so I'm sorry I wasn't able to immediately respond to you within 24-hours as I normally try and do.

The last bug you experienced was caused by Advanced Tags and Prefixes, not my own, and I fixed that for you.

Please provide me with AdminCP access in a private message and I will have this issue addressed for you today.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:03 AM, jair101 said:

Sadly, I think this is a pattern with Makoto. He has periods where he is very active, extremely helpful in all topics and when he is active it is obvious he is one of the most knowledgeable people about the IPS platform and server management. Sadly, these periods of activity are followed by total disappearance, which noone knows how long is it going to take. 

I am sure if he has the time he can make the app first class, but in the current state I wouldn't recommend buying it. 

On 7/3/2019 at 8:03 PM, Makoto said:

I'm working on fixing some of the bugs mentioned here right now and will have a maintenance release ready by Friday. After that you should see some new feature releases coming over the next week or two.

I apologize for the delays in communication and activity!

On 6/30/2019 at 10:35 AM, Giray said:

Not sure how active he is. I've asked questions a few posts up and no sign of life. I've actually had issues so for now the app is disabled. Disappointed considering the strong language of how this app would be so much better than the 'other' one. Oh well, wait and see...

On 8/24/2019 at 9:56 AM, Makoto said:

Hey Kooper, I'm sorry for the delay! I'll look into this for you and let you know as soon as I have more information.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:32 AM, jp said:

i am being asked to renew this app. Is development still active? It doesnt seem like much is happening on this app to fix errors and improve features

On 9/27/2019 at 5:11 AM, Makoto said:

Hey @USS, I'm looking into this for you now, my apologies for the delay!

@jp this app is still being developed, I'm working on pushing out more updated between custom work and other projects right now but I should have some things ready soon!

On 10/1/2019 at 10:04 AM, Koper74 said:

Any news? I didn't saw this as an issue in your tracker!? We still have to deactivate this app before editing mod-rights...

On 3/3/2020 at 12:38 AM, Makoto said:

Hey Ernest,

My apologies! It seems I forgot to actually add this to the issues tracker so it ended up slipping my mind. I've added it as a milestone for the next release now however, and it will definitely be included in 1.8.0 which I'll try and push out in the next week, along with a few other updates.

Sorry again and thank you for your patience!

As noted above @BankFodder I am happy to look into the issue you were experiencing and will have it resolved within 24-hours.

However, at this time, you have refused to allow me the benefit of even attempting to work on the issue in question.

Regarding the compatibility issue you were experiencing with Advanced Tags and Prefixes, I had that fixed for you within hours, as documented above,

On 5/29/2020 at 1:54 AM, BankFodder said:

Thanks very much for fixing this so quickly.  Great support.

The problem still exists on our test site.  Is there anything I can do?  or would you need to go in there?

Thanks

The only reason I was not able to respond to your second support query within 24-hours was, again, as I have tried to explain repeatedly to you both above and in private, was because my apartment complex was broken into and looted over the weekend and during this time I had more pressing matters at hand such as keeping myself safe and trying to help my city rebuild and survive. I am sorry that a mere 48-hour lapse in response has made you feel the need to resort to immediately demanding a refund and insulting me, but I am afraid I am simply in no mood to deal with it at the moment.

If you would like me to help you get up and running and resolve any issues you are experiencing, please send me a message with the required details and I will have you up and running within 24-hours.

There is literally nothing more I can do for you at this point. I am sorry.

I'm sorry it's just too much effort. When we pay our money, we expect to have an application in reasonable condition and fairly well supported. That's not happening here. I've been running a big forum for 15 years and I'm very used to getting third-party applications and I understand about the quality of support I can expect.

I'm going to let it go.

You won't give me a refund – there's nothing I can do about it – but if you have any sense of "what is right" you you should take the money and give it to somebody connected with the George Floyd issue as a charitable gift.
I'm sure they will need it more than you do.