Photo Competition (Support Topic)

On 8/23/2019 at 6:10 PM, ChrisTERiS said:

Hello,

1.- Is there any way (even by manually editing a template) to show 3 competitions per row instead of 2 (I mean the main page).

2.- Don't think that I missed a setting, but seems that all sidebar widgets have the same, not editable title "Photo Competition". Any way to change it with custom text, or even better with competition's title? Now I've 6 blocks from 6 active competitions, and nobody can understand for which competition are the shown results.

3.- As a suggestion. Should be very helpful, at least with the simpler solution, to allow Admin to post unlimited entries. The best should be limit by usergroup.

Thank you

Chris

Sorry, I missed this.

1. This isn't currently a feature unfortunately.

2. You can edit the "Photo Competition" text to something else but it isn't possible to set this individually. I have added this to the todo list for 1.3 however at it is a logical feature suggestion.

3. You can currently set the number of entries all users can make in the global settings. A per group setting is a good suggestion however. 

• 3 weeks later...

How does organizing a competition works?

For example, I want to run a competition for June, does it mean that entries are accepted only until end of May, then no additional submissions can be added? Or it is on an "always open" basis and on a 30th of June we can submit an entry that can win theoretically the entire competition?

I posted earlier about some anonimizing options, I suppose these are not implemented yet. 

Edited by jair101
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am surprised this hasn't been asked before, but an option to watermark the photo uploaded by users would be nice.

Maybe with the username and the site name or logo for example. I guess users and admin would like it so they picture don't get "stolen"

I haven't bought this app yet but will definitely. I just had a lot of changes on my site and wait for my users to acclimate 🙂

23 hours ago, jesuralem said:

Hi, I am surprised this hasn't been asked before, but an option to watermark the photo uploaded by users would be nice.

Good idea. I’ll add this to the suggestions list for future versions. 

For the next release I will be focussing on voting fraud prevention but this is a nice easily implemented suggestion that could be added after that. 

• 4 weeks later...

There is a small "bug" in the sidebar widget on customized theme. We use the same color for widget title background and links in our theme. In YOUR widget the title of the widget is clickable, it is a link to photo competition. And due to our theme color settings we cannot see the title of the widget.

It is also very unusual to have the title of the widget to be a link at the same time. I would like consistency and would delete a link from the title, removing it at the same time to the body of the widget.

Edited by Sonya*
1 hour ago, Joy Rex said:

Could this be used for other kinds of contests/competitions other than just photos? Do you need the Gallery application to make this work?

7 minutes ago, OliverKapunkt said:

Only photos but .gif work fine too. Videos would be great @Andy Millne 😉

And no, gallery is not needed.

@OliverKapunkt Is correct on both counts. Great idea on video support/support for other file types. I'll see what I can do.

3 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

@OliverKapunkt Is correct on both counts. Great idea on video support/support for other file types. I'll see what I can do.

I'm looking for an addon/application that can manage a contest where users can submit a file (in my case, an audio file) or link to a file, and then everyone gets x number of votes to vote for the most popular files.

So in this case this application wouldn't work, but can anyone recommend something similar that meets those needs outlined above?

10 hours ago, fjb said:

-Can i limit maximum entries per competition?

Yes, this is possible.

10 hours ago, fjb said:

-Does it support EXIF info?

EXIF info is currently saved for each entry but is not displayed in any meaningful way in this version. I have added this to the todo list to add for a future version.

8 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

Yes, this is possible.

EXIF info is currently saved for each entry but is not displayed in any meaningful way in this version. I have added this to the todo list to add for a future version.

I too would like if exif was supported.

You could code it so the exif data shows in a tooltip style when the mouse is hovered over the photo, example like this https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/63201304

1998245932_ScreenShot2019-11-17at22_45_16.png.e5a6fe3f2c84d8dd1e3c0f563ea63f2c.png

Edited by beats23
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, jesuralem said:

quick question : is it possible to have a sidebar on the app pages ? I have on on all of my community (well, mostly a forum) so it would be nice to be aligned.

YEs, the sidebar manager works as elsewhere.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:10 PM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Hello - could you clearify how the voting is done? Is the voting same month also and automatically shut off at month end, or how is that working? Are the members giving votes - points, or when is the voting starting?

Voting is automatically stopped at the end of the competition. The competition can run for any period you like it doesn't need to be monthly. There is an automatic weekly and monthly scheduler though.

Voting starts either at the competition open time or if you want to add a delay to allow time for everybody to get their entries in you can do that too.

12 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

It's not currently possible but I've added this to the things to explore list for the next version.

Thanks .  I notice that an image that is in portrait mode, you get only the top of the image in the view.. you need to scroll to get the full picture

image.thumb.png.c39d26a94a6dbbc63bdb5c32f29ed6b4.png

while a big panoramapicture is displayed nicely, but nothing happens when you click on the image to make it bigger.

image.thumb.png.afe581128a137202223b3f8f9c2fb346.png

I guess your app are using the forum settings for this, and in the forum theese settings are OK so I don't like to alter them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 10:07 PM, PaulKet said:

Can someone please give me some guidance in changing all instances of "competition" and "competitions" to "challenge" and "challenges"?

If I go to my ACP> Languages I do not see any options to change anything.

Phrases are translated the same as the default apps. admin control panel > customization > languages > translate (globe icon). Use the search function to find specific phrases. Alternatively you can enable quick translating and edit on the front end. https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/themes-and-customizations/languages-and-localization_326/translating-using-the-visual-language-editor-r119/