Photo Competition (Support Topic)

On 9/28/2020 at 10:56 PM, Andy Millne said:

The app is not officially compatible with 4.5 currently. It may work without issue but I will be reviewing shortly and releasing a confirmed compatibility update in the next couple of weeks. 

Just an FYI for anyone thinking of giving it a go on 4.5
error when creating a competition or scheduling permissions
2S119/1 The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:35 AM, optrexnz said:

2S119/1 The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date.

This can be fix by adding:

public static $csrfProtected = TRUE;

But I need to re-download the file as I never used this mod. This is no way underestimates the value of this mod. I just changed the target of my community.

By the way, as I don't remember anything, can this mod work like:

AAA team VS BBB team?

I mean to have 2 teams, or 2 persons, or what ever 2 competitors and the user to vote one of those 2??

Something like this:

image.png.74bbeb38a3d8a3951719cf877a5fb75e.png

@optrexnz

Must be on the file applications/competition/modules/admin/competition/competitions.php

Before (Line 21):

protected $nodeClass = '\IPS\competition\Competition';

Insert:

This way the final class should be:

class _competitions extends \IPS\Node\Controller
{
	/**
	 * Node Class
	 */
	protected $nodeClass = '\IPS\competition\Competition';

/**
	 * Execute
	 * @return	void
	 */
	public function execute()
	{
		\IPS\Dispatcher::i()->checkAcpPermission( 'competitions_manage' );
		parent::execute();

\IPS\Output::i()->title = \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( 'menu__competition_competition_competitions' );

}
}

But I'm not getting any responsibility. I believe that @Andy Millne knows much better than me.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:56 AM, Andy Millne said:

The app is not officially compatible with 4.5 currently. It may work without issue but I will be reviewing shortly and releasing a confirmed compatibility update in the next couple of weeks. 

Hi @Andy Millne, sorry to insist but the couple of weeks went by 🙂

This is the last app blocking my update 🙂

On 10/12/2020 at 9:54 AM, optrexnz said:

How do I get this to work so that uploads are only available for 1 week and voting is only available for 1 week the week after that?

So in week 1 no-one can vote and in week 2 no-one can upload?

Also on that basis, when it comes to vote time, there is no new content to bring the topic of the current competition back into the feeds, so could we have

member xxx voted in the yyyyy competition in the new content (I know its probably more suited to the activity feed, but I need something in new content)

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

Are you logged in as a restricted administrator perhaps? If so you may need to enable the completion restrictions using a different admin user. 

No, I'm the "super admin". The app is there, but the icon doesn't appear.

Edited by Claudia999

hi @Andy Millne
perfect app... Thanks for adding my feature request. Thanks so far...

I've purchased it now.

Can i add two feature request again ? 

1. During the competition & voting should be my competitors anonym. If you Enter new content from start till the end of the competition no member should be able to see who have uploaded the content ... 

Only Admins and Mods can see the original author.

If the voting has end everyone can automatically see who have upload the content.

2. The delay function is nearly perfect... 

One feature could be added. If i activate for a competition the delay function, no one should be able to upload new content after the voting starts. So during the start and delay time everyone can upload their content, and if the time is over, the voting starts and adding new content should be stopped.

Both features must have an option toggle button. Thats not a general setting for competitions, just optional.

and last question !? 
is it possible to change the task from hourly to every 5 minutes

Edited by Sascha Prinz
17 hours ago, Claudia999 said:

No, I'm the "super admin". The app is there, but the icon doesn't appear.

Please send me a PM with access info and I will investigate.

17 hours ago, Sascha Prinz said:

hi @Andy Millne
perfect app... Thanks for adding my feature request. Thanks so far...

I've purchased it now.

Can i add two feature request again ? 

1. During the competition & voting should be my competitors anonym. If you Enter new content from start till the end of the competition no member should be able to see who have uploaded the content ... 

Only Admins and Mods can see the original author.

If the voting has end everyone can automatically see who have upload the content.

2. The delay function is nearly perfect... 

One feature could be added. If i activate for a competition the delay function, no one should be able to upload new content after the voting starts. So during the start and delay time everyone can upload their content, and if the time is over, the voting starts and adding new content should be stopped.

Both features must have an option toggle button. Thats not a general setting for competitions, just optional.

and last question !? 
is it possible to change the task from hourly to every 5 minutes

Thanks these are some great suggestions. I'll see what I can do for the next version.