Photo Competition (Support Topic)

On 4/25/2022 at 7:08 PM, Mark Spieker said:

Hello, I have some users stating that their photos when submitted are sideways (rotated 90 deg ClockWise) But when uploaded as an image in a forum it is right side up. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

This is an IPS bug fixed in the next release. It is not a function of the photo competition app.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MediaDIGI.com said:

@Andy Millne can you please setup a working demo somewhere? I would like to use this plugin on a different functionality (rating companies for awards) and I would like to see if it fits my needs.

thank you,

Very low activity, but you can see current here https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?app=competition or past here https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/competition/history/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Andy,

i've installed your tool today, so far it looks pretty neat!

In the Settings\Permissions we get an error if we klick on "save" (even if there was no change to the permissions).

Could contain: Text

TypeError: implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given (0)
#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/applications/competition/modules/admin/competition/settings.php(246): implode()
#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\competition\modules\admin\competition\_settings->permissions()
#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/applications/competition/modules/admin/competition/settings.php(32): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\competition\modules\admin\competition\_settings->execute()
#4 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/cbadmin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Do you have an idea what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Edited by CaliPilot
15 hours ago, CaliPilot said:

Hi Andy,

i've installed your tool today, so far it looks pretty neat!

In the Settings\Permissions we get an error if we klick on "save" (even if there was no change to the permissions).

Could contain: Text

TypeError: implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given (0)
#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/applications/competition/modules/admin/competition/settings.php(246): implode()
#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\competition\modules\admin\competition\_settings->permissions()
#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/applications/competition/modules/admin/competition/settings.php(32): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\competition\modules\admin\competition\_settings->execute()
#4 /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/cbadmin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Do you have an idea what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Which version of PHP are you using please?

40 minutes ago, Andy Millne said:

Which version of PHP are you using please?

Hi,

we are using PHP 8.0 at the moment.

Regards

Chris

14 minutes ago, Andy Millne said:

I was able to find the issue and have uploaded a new version that fixes this issue and also entries being ordered by the number of votes even if the number of votes is hidden.

Wow, that was a pretty quick response and fix 😉

As soon as it is available in the marketplace we give it a try and report the results.

Thank you!

Chris

Hi,

we have now a competition running, it is just awesome! But i've noticed that the app is ignoring 3rd place entries. Example:

We have one on the 1st place, 2 entries share 2nd and then one 3rd and 2 on the 4th place.

Could contain: Person, Human, Text

"Einsam in Norwegen" should be 3rd, but the icon is missing and in the details it is listed as 4th place:

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Home Decor

The next two entries with 3 votes are listed as 5th place.

FYI

Regards

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

We have the 1st competition running and we are a bit amazed how well our guys are participating. Some guys came up with questions and ideas which brought me back in here again 😉

It would be great if we could split a competition in 2 phases, the 1st phase is upload only, the 2nd phase is for votes only. So lets say you have a overall competition time from 10/1/22 to 10/31/22, from 10/1/22 until 10/15/22 you can upload your entry and from 10/16/22 to 10/31/22 is voting time for everyone.

That would raise the overall fairness level since in the first days of the competition the early birds have a pretty clear advantage.

It would be great if you think about that feature request, i think every board which is using this App could have a benefit out of it

Thanks ❤️

Chris