Photo Competition (Support Topic)

4 hours ago, emeric73 said:

Since the update I have a small CSS bug. The ribbons of the metailles that overlap

Does it happen on the default theme? Could you send me a PM with an admin login so I can look into that for you? I'm not able to reproduce the issue locally.

On 5/9/2020 at 7:01 AM, Andy Millne said:

I have released a new version to address the latest reported bugs. I have also been working hard on 1.4 which has some rather large changes now so I think I will target 4.5 for this. I will still be doing bug fix releases for 1.3 on 4.4 for the foreseeable future.

@misfit76 Can you PM me about the horizontal widget issue please? I'm not able to reproduce that locally.

Does anybody use the scheduler? I'm thinking of removing it to reduce complexity but will leave it if people say they are using it.

You will still be able to create competitions with future dates in advance but they won't be automatically created on the weekly/monthly schedule. 

Thank you for the fix!!! Looks great!

Hello Andy!

We purchased this plugin from you and have it up and running but have an issue we need some guidance on. Our contest we are running requires contestants to  upload a .zip to their submission. We were going to have them just do so via a comment on their entry, however anyone can then download that .zip, which we don't want.

We only want admins able to download the .zip file.Is there a way to disable permissions for the Members usergroup from downloading from comments in the competition plugin?

Any file we can manually edit even? We have disabled downloading permissions for this group across every other area of the forum but it doesn't seem to change the plugin ones. Or perhaps we can add a line to the entry submission for a .zip file upload as well? We still need the image upload there as a .gif is required for submission too but we need a .zip as well.

Thanks in advance!

Sebastien

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, James101 said:

Is it possible to have an option to show or not show terms and conditions?

This is a bug. The rules should only show if any are set. I have fixed this for the next release.

11 hours ago, James101 said:

Is it possible to have an option for NSFW? I was thinking of having a NSFW Photo contest but don't want users to see a naked picture on the active contests list.

This is in interesting idea. I think this could work by blurring images for competitions marked as NSFW until a user toggles a preference. Their preference could be stored per session.

11 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

This is in interesting idea. I think this could work by blurring images for competitions marked as NSFW until a user toggles a preference. Their preference could be stored per session.

Thank you for taking it into consideration. Hopefully you are able to figure something out in the future.

I am having an alignment bug on the photo contest - http://prntscr.com/sz822x

Contest 1 and 2 are aligned properly next to each other but 3 and 4 are not. 

On 6/13/2020 at 11:29 PM, James101 said:

Thank you for taking it into consideration. Hopefully you are able to figure something out in the future.

I am having an alignment bug on the photo contest - http://prntscr.com/sz822x

Contest 1 and 2 are aligned properly next to each other but 3 and 4 are not. 

Can you please send me a PM with admin control panel access and a link to the issue so I may investigate this?

• 2 weeks later...

@Andy Millne - I have a manual photo competition button in my Navbar which directly takes to the contest page. I removed the default navbar Photo competition option as we did not have enough space.

Doing so has removed the ability to find old competitions/winners unless I add the link to it to the Navbar. Is it possible to have a button on the active competitions page somewhere that would link to the results page.

Something like this if possible - http://prntscr.com/t8n5u4

17 hours ago, James101 said:

@Andy Millne - I have a manual photo competition button in my Navbar which directly takes to the contest page. I removed the default navbar Photo competition option as we did not have enough space.

Doing so has removed the ability to find old competitions/winners unless I add the link to it to the Navbar. Is it possible to have a button on the active competitions page somewhere that would link to the results page.

Something like this if possible - http://prntscr.com/t8n5u4

If you still have a primary nav bar for the contest page you could add an external link type as a sub item using the menu manager. Would that work?

6 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

If you still have a primary nav bar for the contest page you could add an external link type as a sub item using the menu manager. Would that work?

Hey,
Thanks for replying. My navbar does not have enough space to give Photo Competition its own space. I have it set up as one of the options in dropdown which takes to the active competitions page. Its possible to add another link to the dropdown but its inconvenient and wont be used as much. Having a link within the active competitions page would be really helpful if you could add it.

It is set up like this currently - http://prntscr.com/t9ba97

On 6/30/2020 at 6:58 PM, James101 said:

It is set up like this currently - http://prntscr.com/t9ba97

Ah I see, it's the vertical menu that prevents a sub item. It's not possible to add a link Link as in your screenshot unless you're comfortable making theme edits in which case you would edit the "competitions" template. Alternatively you could edit the "There are no competitions available" language string to include a link.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:34 PM, beats23 said:

Hi Andy, any idea when the major update with new features will release?

I don't have a date yet but it will likely be inline with the Invision Community 4.5 release or shortly after.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...