Photo Competition (Support Topic)

an application which seems to me very interesting to make the activity of the community more lively and attractive.

it would be nice to make certain parameters more visible and add certain options I think.

Subject of the competition:

- Free

- Limited (only landscapes, ...).

Image source if different from author: ..............

Date of shooting: .......

(I haven't bought it yet but it is in my projects)

Le 08/04/2020 à 10h59, jesuralem a déclaré:

Salut,

Je ne sais pas si cela a déjà été signalé, mais lors de la traduction, le format des dates reste américain au lieu d'utiliser celui du système.

En compétition :

image.png.780d0d3fa25347a077c01349709fd21b.png

Dans le calendrier :

image.png.e91c2a8d11d19ec9469d7c22a4d34eb2.png

Bonjour, avez vous trouvée une solution.

Cordialement 

1 hour ago, jesuralem said:

Nope, waiting for an answer from @Andy Millne on this and the couple of other things I reported.

I honestly don't have the skills to go and change the template manually.

Sorry, IPS land is busy busy busy right now. I've uploaded a new version (1.3.1) that should resolve this @jesuralem @emeric73

Random and newest entries widgets are on the 1.4 todo list.

This is great, thanks a lot for the quick correction, I'll try it tomorrow.

Just if I can influence the roadmap, the top requests of my users :

- a lightbox to see the pictures almost full screen

- the exif display option

- next/previous buttons to go easily through all entries of a competition.

On a more personal note I'd like a watermark option and more configuration options for the front (display the top 3 or just all entries the same, choose the number of entries per row, etc...)

Also a quick bug : new comments on an entry are not displayed as unread (bold) in the activity stream.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Unlucky said:

what is the setting so guests can enter and register at the same time?

I currently do have a button showing to guests and can't remember what setting I need for this?

Thanks,

It's a core function that is also used in Photo Competition. "Post Before Register"

I couple things that don't seem to work correctly

1. Formatting in the horizontal widget if there is only one photo. The box does not fit correctly

1732817121_ScreenShot2020-05-08at9_43_15AM.thumb.png.e0ae9b2569e929a07c914988b8908ea9.png

2. When added to a post, a link to the competition is just listed as a link and does not "embed" as many other applications.  Is this a bug or just not available at the moment?

thanks,

Steve 

27 minutes ago, misfit76 said:

1. Formatting in the horizontal widget if there is only one photo. The box does not fit correctly

Thanks, I’ll be working on photo competition this weekend so will look into that. 

27 minutes ago, misfit76 said:

2. When added to a post, a link to the competition is just listed as a link and does not "embed" as many other applications. 

This isn’t a bug but is a planned feature

20 minutes ago, bradl said:

last time I deleted a photo for someone at their maximum for that competition it seemed like the count did not reset to allow a replacement photo. 

This is most likely because the item still exists in your delete queue. If you remove it from the ModCP it should no longer count towards entries. I will update this so soft deleted items don’t count towards the limit. 

I have released a new version to address the latest reported bugs. I have also been working hard on 1.4 which has some rather large changes now so I think I will target 4.5 for this. I will still be doing bug fix releases for 1.3 on 4.4 for the foreseeable future.

@misfit76 Can you PM me about the horizontal widget issue please? I'm not able to reproduce that locally.

Does anybody use the scheduler? I'm thinking of removing it to reduce complexity but will leave it if people say they are using it.

You will still be able to create competitions with future dates in advance but they won't be automatically created on the weekly/monthly schedule. 

2 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

I have also been working hard on 1.4 which has some rather large changes now so I think I will target 4.5 for this

This makes sense but please keep 1.4 compatible with 4.4 as most of us will have to wait several weeks/months before upgrading to 4.5 to get all languages, plugins and apps upgraded.

2 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

Does anybody use the scheduler?

I don't, my competitions have each a specific subject so I don't use a weekly or monthly schedule.

Edited by jesuralem
3 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

I have released a new version to address the latest reported bugs. I have also been working hard on 1.4 which has some rather large changes now so I think I will target 4.5 for this. I will still be doing bug fix releases for 1.3 on 4.4 for the foreseeable future.

@misfit76 Can you PM me about the horizontal widget issue please? I'm not able to reproduce that locally.

Does anybody use the scheduler? I'm thinking of removing it to reduce complexity but will leave it if people say they are using it.

You will still be able to create competitions with future dates in advance but they won't be automatically created on the weekly/monthly schedule. 

Can't reproduce right now as i already have more then one photo. But will let you know if happens again. Seems to be caused by the long title so, probably related to the title not fitting within the button.

Scheduling would be great if the title can be customized.  So that it can me "Car of the Month - May 2020". Having a category for each would also me great. So i would have "Car of the Month" category with a monthly running events. And then some other random event in a different category.

Another thing, ability to adjust the hight of the widget in horizontal view and the number of images in it. Vertical view to contain the photos and not just the author. Similar to horizontal.

thanks,

Steve K.

Edited by misfit76