Photo Competition (Support Topic)

I think since the upgrade to last version i have a display issue :

Even for old and closed competitions, i don't have the podium or the votes visible :

https://www.plongeur.com/forums/competition/3-rentrée/

Changing the setting to display votes does not seem to change anything.

Also when the votes are not displayed :

- the "other entries" ("autres propositions" in my translation) title shouldn't be displayed are all entries are actually shown there.

- I think it would be nice to keep displaying the number of views and comments below the image.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, jesuralem said:

I think since the upgrade to last version i have a display issue :

Even for old and closed competitions, i don't have the podium or the votes visible :

https://www.plongeur.com/forums/competition/3-rentrée/

Changing the setting to display votes does not seem to change anything.

Also when the votes are not displayed :

- the "other entries" ("autres propositions" in my translation) title shouldn't be displayed are all entries are actually shown there.

- I think it would be nice to keep displaying the number of views and comments below the image.

quick question for @Andy Millne :

Also, i may have a need for a "video competition", and i am wondering : Du you think if i set it up as a "file" competition and install a plugin such as "(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player" it will kick in and embed the videos ?

21 hours ago, Sascha Prinz said:

I have a little Problem with the text editor. 

If i try to add a text with my defined format, it looks well in the editor mode. 

After i publish the text the format looks not the same. 

Your screenshot is not showing and I'm not able to reproduce this locally but if you send me a PM with an admin login I can investigate that.

@jesuralem and @Nathan Explosion There isn't any native support for videos currently. Any file uploaded will show as a downloadable link. I can look into adding video playback however.

3 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

Sorry @christopher-w, missed that. The theme templates/css are customisable via the default template editors if you wanted to change the layout but the aspect ratio is not configurable by default, no.

Thanks, that's what I assumed. Your demo page appears to be down. Will you be putting it back up?

Edited by christopher-w

Hi @Andy Millne, there are a few improvements that my users are eagerly waiting for, i am willing to sponsor them if it can speed up the process :

- the exif display option for pictures

- a vertical widget with the pictures

- the ability to create a "video competition" with either embeds from known platforms or direct upload.

- next/previous buttons to go easily through all entries of a competition.

- a lightbox to see the pictures almost full screen

- ability to choose the number of entries per page (in fact my need would be to display all entries on the main page).

- on the "other entries" display, it would be nice to show the number of comments as well at the number of votes.

Also, but this is more of bug, it seems on my install i just can't get the "current leaders" and "other entries" display. All i have is "other entries with everything the same size regardless of the setting "show votes" (also i don't understand why this setting is both on the main settings and on each competition settings). Example here : https://www.plongeur.com/forums/competition/4-coloré/

image.thumb.png.5d8e884221f3252f32d3e3b1f1479b01.png

Edited by jesuralem
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, jesuralem said:

@Andy Millne, you never answered about my display issue, nor for the feature requests... it is to bad your support is so slow because the app is great and could be even better..

Please feel free to send me a PM with ACP access so I may investigate this.

On 1/13/2021 at 12:09 AM, HDiddy said:

@Andy Millne Is it possible to make the horizontal block a little bit shorter?

The theme is editable via the admin control panel as with all apps. Unfortunately I'm not able to assist with customization requests but there is a directory of 3rd party designers in the resources section at https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/

Recently updated to 4.5 and installed latest update via marketplace etc. For some reason the All Competitions page (/index.php?app=competition) is not showing the images as it used to do.  Tried default theme, couple of browsers (safari, brave, firefox — desktop and IOS) all no-go. Ran support tool, no-go. Display of entries fine; voting works, etc.. Pointer to what I've overlooked welcome 😛  

Photo_Contest_-_CairnTalk.png.3739999f1289ffa2256a6b059fcaf77c.png

Edited by bradl
add url to screenshot
On 1/15/2021 at 10:16 PM, bradl said:

Recently updated to 4.5 and installed latest update via marketplace etc. For some reason the All Competitions page (/index.php?app=competition) is not showing the images as it used to do.  Tried default theme, couple of browsers (safari, brave, firefox — desktop and IOS) all no-go. Ran support tool, no-go. Display of entries fine; voting works, etc.. Pointer to what I've overlooked welcome 😛  

Photo_Contest_-_CairnTalk.png.3739999f1289ffa2256a6b059fcaf77c.png

The app now allows you to set a cover photo image for each competition. You can set these in the competition settings in the admin control panel.

• 1 month later...

When a new entry is posted it appears in my /discover feed (excellent) …

All_Activity_-_CairnTalk.png.07fbfa3fefa837f45854322d165a4a1f.png

… but the link …

https://www.cairntalk.net/competition/entry/145-dixie-ready-for-the-road-trip/?do=getNewComment

takes me to an error page.

Sorry, there is a problem
We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2S136/I

If I strip of the ?do=getNewComment manually, the page loads as expected.

Not sure if this is a core or app issue, or what template and where to strip out the NewComment action.

Edited by bradl
18 hours ago, bradl said:

Sorry, there is a problem
We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2S136/I

If I strip of the ?do=getNewComment manually, the page loads as expected.

Not sure if this is a core or app issue, or what template and where to strip out the NewComment action.

I have submitted a new version that should resolve this issue. Thank you for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 9:04 PM, Sascha Prinz said:

Can i add two feature request again ? 

1. During the competition & voting should be my competitors anonym. If you Enter new content from start till the end of the competition no member should be able to see who have uploaded the content ... 

Only Admins and Mods can see the original author.

If the voting has end everyone can automatically see who have upload the content.

2. The delay function is nearly perfect... 

One feature could be added. If i activate for a competition the delay function, no one should be able to upload new content after the voting starts. So during the start and delay time everyone can upload their content, and if the time is over, the voting starts and adding new content should be stopped.

Both features must have an option toggle button. Thats not a general setting for competitions, just optional.

and last question !? 
is it possible to change the task from hourly to every 5 minutes

Hey @Andy Millne

Do you already have an idea when you could implement my wishes? Unfortunately, I still can't run my competitions.

Position 1 is the most important for me. 🙂, and the possibility to deactivate the activity stream entries for each competition and notification, separately. 

Edited by Sascha Prinz