Photo Competition (Support Topic)

8 hours ago, CaliPilot said:

It would be great if we could split a competition in 2 phases, the 1st phase is upload only, the 2nd phase is for votes only. So lets say you have a overall competition time from 10/1/22 to 10/31/22, from 10/1/22 until 10/15/22 you can upload your entry and from 10/16/22 to 10/31/22 is voting time for everyone.

Hi Chris, good news! this is already a feature.

In the competition app settings look for the delay voting setting. This means you can open the competition and people can upload but they won't be able to vote until this time period has passed.

20 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

Hi Chris, good news! this is already a feature.

In the competition app settings look for the delay voting setting. This means you can open the competition and people can upload but they won't be able to vote until this time period has passed.

Hi Andy,

yes i know, we are already using this feature but we noticed that users start replacing their content when the votes don't fly in as expected 😉

Chris

2 hours ago, CaliPilot said:

Hi Andy,

yes i know, we are already using this feature but we noticed that users start replacing their content when the votes don't fly in as expected 😉

Chris

You could put a limit on the amount of content they can put in a competition.  For us we do this, and if they delete anything an admin has to permanently delete it before they can post something else.

Edited by HDiddy

Oh no, i know it's embarassing but i did it again ;-(

Could contain: Text

I've added another contest yesterday and (i don't know why) i've switched off the "automated scheduling" and after i hit save this error showed up. Luckily the running competition is not affected.

I made then a copy of the forum to our test environment today (database and storage) and by my surprise the error in "competition/settings" was gone and "automated scheduling" wasn't switched off?!  But i was able to reproduce the error, after i switched it off again and hit save the same error shows up as in our live forum.

Besides the above error i noticed some else yesterday. I've added the new contest (running from 10/1/22 to 10/14/22). The new competition didn't showed up in the public competition interface and i've changed the start date to today, the competition then showed up (and i was happy with the cover photo)  and then switched the start date  back to 10/1/22 but the competition was still visible and accepted uploads.

FYI

Thanks and sorry 😉

Chris

36 minutes ago, CaliPilot said:

Oh no, i know it's embarassing but i did it again ;-(

Could contain: Text

I've added another contest yesterday and (i don't know why) i've switched off the "automated scheduling" and after i hit save this error showed up. Luckily the running competition is not affected.

I made then a copy of the forum to our test environment today (database and storage) and by my surprise the error in "competition/settings" was gone and "automated scheduling" wasn't switched off?!  But i was able to reproduce the error, after i switched it off again and hit save the same error shows up as in our live forum.

Besides the above error i noticed some else yesterday. I've added the new contest (running from 10/1/22 to 10/14/22). The new competition didn't showed up in the public competition interface and i've changed the start date to today, the competition then showed up (and i was happy with the cover photo)  and then switched the start date  back to 10/1/22 but the competition was still visible and accepted uploads.

FYI

Thanks and sorry 😉

Chris

Thanks, I can replicate the issue of moving the start date back into the future and will investigate this and fix locally.

Could you please send me a pm with access (test environment if possible and the issue can be reproduced there) so I can investigate the first issue? 

On 9/27/2022 at 1:43 PM, Andy Millne said:

Thanks, I can replicate the issue of moving the start date back into the future and will investigate this and fix locally.

Could you please send me a pm with access (test environment if possible and the issue can be reproduced there) so I can investigate the first issue? 

You have a PN as requested.

Chris

• 1 month later...

I'm in the translation process needing help with this entry:

competition_runner_up_email_header_blurb You were so close! %s placed %s in the %s competition.

Could you please give me a complete sample sentence to see how I have to translate it? 

Is it meant like this "Freddy placed 3rd in the Nov 2022 competition"`?

B.t.w. this string is twice: competition_vote_too_many

Edited by Ramsesx
added duplicate
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Claudia999 said:

Do you have an idea why the counting could be gone away?

Views are handled by Invision Community centrally not by the competitions task. I can't think off the top of my head why it would suddenly stop counting. Have you made any other changes recently such as installing 3rd party apps or plugins? If so try disabling those temporarily. If that doesn't work feel free to message me with access info and I'll take a look.

3 minutes ago, Andy Millne said:

Views are handled by Invision Community centrally not by the competitions task. I can't think off the top of my head why it would suddenly stop counting

4.7.11:

\IPS\Content\Views interface has been deprecated, you should use the \IPS\Content\ViewUpdates trait instead.

• 3 months later...