Photo Competition (Support Topic)

3 minutes ago, Claudia999 said:

Can an user remove his vote(s) to give them to another photo?

Hi Claudia. Yes this is possible. You can limit the number of entries users can vote on or let them vote on as many as they want. They can add and remove their votes any time up to the competition close.

New in 1.2;

• Added IP addresses to who voted dialog.
  • Added support for merging entries.
  • Added an option for members to be able to vote on their own entry.
  • Added entry thumbnails to previous winners page.
  • Added a link to the full competition results from the pevious winners page.
  • Added support for following competitions.
  • Added a group setting for who can see who voted.
  • Fixed an issue where competitions may show to users without permission.
  • Fixed an issue where scheduler settings were being cleared.
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Andy Millne said:

To nie jest obecnie opcja. Nie jestem temu przeciwny i prawdopodobnie można to osiągnąć za pomocą pliku cookie, ale byłoby bardzo otwarte na nadużycia. 

Thanks. I'll wait for the next release of the application. Maybe this option will appear 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Andy Millne

In the e-mail notification there is a button to the celebrity gallery. The button directs to https://example.com/competition/history/?controller=index&tab=history=index&tab=history, which doesn't exist:

Sorry, there's a problem.
Page Not Found.
Error code: 2S106/1

How can I change this link to the right one? I think it should be:

https://example.com/competition/history/

Thank you for your help. Greetings 😉

On 7/5/2019 at 2:20 PM, TowZone said:

When I check for updates on the Invision community applications tab it does not show that there are updates available when there is on the market place. Please fix this is as it works for the other applications I have.

This will be available with 1.3

20 hours ago, Hugo_S4 said:

In the e-mail notification there is a button to the celebrity gallery. The button directs to https://example.com/competition/history/?controller=index&tab=history=index&tab=history, which doesn't exist:

I've just released 1.2.9 which fixes this issue. Thanks for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 12:05 PM, Unlucky said:

can you check here please:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/competition/history/

The July results has the same photo twice

Do you have any errors in the logs? It looks like the task ran twice. If you check the competition history database table you will have duplicate entries and the duplicates can be removed.

3 hours ago, Unlucky said:

If it would be great if we could rename the title of the widget from the default Photo Competition to custom names to make it easier for visitors to know which photos in that widget are in which competition

Or is there already a way to do this?

Thanks

This isn't currently possible but I will add it to the list of future improvements.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:39 PM, Andy Millne said:

It looks like the task ran twice. If you check the competition history database table you will have duplicate entries and the duplicates can be removed.

I have no idea to how to do this as we are not that technical - Is this something you could check?

Your cms access is still live

Not *exactly* sure what the center permission setting control but whatever it is the setting does not appear to be reliably sticky.

Competitions.thumb.png.7620150507d2b220f6aaf61ba38a530a.png

If I uncheck a group for the center permission and save, reopening the permissions shows it checked again.  Doing a similar check/save for a different permission, say Comment for Admin, the setting sticks as expected.

Fantastic app 👍 

13 hours ago, bradl said:

Not *exactly* sure what the center permission setting control but whatever it is the setting does not appear to be reliably sticky.

Competitions.thumb.png.7620150507d2b220f6aaf61ba38a530a.png

If I uncheck a group for the center permission and save, reopening the permissions shows it checked again.  Doing a similar check/save for a different permission, say Comment for Admin, the setting sticks as expected.

Fantastic app 👍 

That looks like a bug, it's an old permission that is no longer required. I'll look into why it's still displaying. Thanks for letting me know.

Hello,

1.- Is there any way (even by manually editing a template) to show 3 competitions per row instead of 2 (I mean the main page).

2.- Don't think that I missed a setting, but seems that all sidebar widgets have the same, not editable title "Photo Competition". Any way to change it with custom text, or even better with competition's title? Now I've 6 blocks from 6 active competitions, and nobody can understand for which competition are the shown results.

3.- As a suggestion. Should be very helpful, at least with the simpler solution, to allow Admin to post unlimited entries. The best should be limit by usergroup.

Thank you

Chris

Edited by ChrisTERiS
Added remark (I mean the main page)