Photo Competition (Support Topic)

• 4 weeks later...

@Andy Millne

Couple Questions/Suggestions

1) It was suggested a while ago for the option to allow anonymous entries.  Is this something on the list or are you not interested?

2) Is there a way for us to add custom fields to the entry submission form?  If not, I'd like to suggest that as well for the purpose of requesting credit for all resources used in the entries when applicable.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:27 AM, ahc said:

@Andy Millne

Couple Questions/Suggestions

1) It was suggested a while ago for the option to allow anonymous entries.  Is this something on the list or are you not interested?

2) Is there a way for us to add custom fields to the entry submission form?  If not, I'd like to suggest that as well for the purpose of requesting credit for all resources used in the entries when applicable.

These aren't currently features but are great suggestions I've added to my list for consideration for 1.4

5 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Is it possible to have entries/voting and whatever happening in a contest into the activity stream? Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Entries already appear in activity streams the same as all content items, topics, gallery images etc. Votes are an additional activity stream setting configured in the admin control panel default activity stream settings. It's a little tucked away in there behind a button.

image.png

image.png

37 minutes ago, Selor said:

Hi 🙂

I would know where i could traduce it in French ? or maybe already done somewhere ?

Thanks ..

I’m not aware of an existing 3rd party French translation but the app can be translated the same as official apps. Admin control panel > customisation > languages

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Hmm, seems I am not smart enough to figure this out.  I installed and it created the first competition for Mar 2020.  When I view it on the site, there are no competitions pending.

How do I post a pic?

Have you set up the group permissions?

16 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Can you subscribe to a competition?  I'd like to know when new pics are posted so that I can vote.

Yes, this is possible. The app uses the default follow functionality in Invision Community

16 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I have a feature request. Is it possible to have a "Next image" button, so that we can swipe through each image in a competition?

This isn't currently possible but I can look into it.

8 hours ago, JustHatched said:

@Andy Millne, I have been eyeing this for a bit, decided to get it and when trying to install I get this error

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

Can you send me a pm with access info so I can look into this please?

53 minutes ago, Claudia999 said:

Hi @Andy Millne

yesterday we saw a problem with automated start of competition for this month. Permissions were set right, start date was set right. Nevertheless, users could have uploaded pictures before the start. In previous months we didn't have this problem.

Do you have an idea what could be the problem?

Hmm interesting. Competitions are only set to running after the task has run and finds competitions with a start time earlier than the current time.

How much earlier could they enter? Perhaps this was a daylight savings change issue.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:27 PM, jesuralem said:

Hi Andy , do you have a timeframe for next version? Just to decide if it is worth waiting out of I would install right away 🙂

Hi Andy, I think you never answered my question 🙂

Now that I waited a few weeks I can wait a little longer, plus with the covid trafic on my site is quite low...

2 minutes ago, jesuralem said:

Hi Andy, I think you never answered my question 🙂

Now that I waited a few weeks I can wait a little longer, plus with the covid trafic on my site is quite low...

Sorry I missed this. I don't currently have a public release date for 1.4. It's coming along nicely but there have been some good suggestions here and I would like to squeeze a few more in.

3 minutes ago, Claudia999 said:

We tried 7 hours before midnight to setup the new competition for April.

I'm not sure I follow. You said that users could enter before the start of the competition. What date and time did you set as the start of the competition and when were they able to enter? If you would like to send me a pm I can investigate this further without cluttering up this topic. Thanks

Just now, Andy Millne said:

You said that users could enter before the start of the competition. What date and time did you set as the start of the competition and when were they able to enter? If you would like to send me a pm I can investigate this further without cluttering up this topic. Thanks

We set as start 00:00 at 01.04.2020, and users could enter immediately after setup, and this was yesterday at 5pm. But I'll send a pm 🙂