Marketplace: The Next Steps

The Marketplace is closing on October 30th 2023. If you haven't already read the announcement, please read it first.

As our Marketplace prepares to close its doors, we want to ensure a seamless transition for our customers. To facilitate this process, we're introducing a new 'license key' system to allow you to transfer your purchases to the third-party developer website in a privacy-conscious way.

On the 'My Purchases' page, you'll find an improved layout displaying each resource you've purchased from the Marketplace. This includes the original purchase date, the expiry date (if applicable) and the current renewal term (if applicable).

Additionally, we've added two new enhancements. First, you'll notice the purchase-specific license key (depicted as XXXX in the screenshot). This license key is accessible to the third party author and can be provided to them through their website or other means. It enables them to confirm your payment for the resource and check its activation status. Secondly, we've added a link to their profile in the Providers Directory (if applicable).

Could contain: Page, Text, File

You can find contact details and a link to the provider's website on their profile. We hope that these additions will help make the transition as smooth as possible.

Third Party Developers

Developers can now access the new 'My Sales' area, where you'll find a searchable list of resources that have had sales on the Marketplace. This list may include resources that were previously hidden.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Clicking on any of these resources will display a list similar to the old 'my paid files.' Here, you'll find detailed information for each purchase, including purchase and expiry dates. Additionally, the list now includes the customer's current renewal term, which may differ from the initial purchase due to pricing changes.

Furthermore, you'll notice the new license key, conveniently searchable in the top right corner. We've also made the list of purchases available in CSV format, allowing for easy integration into your own website or marketplace.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Please let us know if you have any questions and we hope these new tools will ease the transition from the Marketplace.

View full blog entry

18 hours ago, EmpireKicking said:

So the 'My Purchases' page still be available when the marketplace shuts down?

I still have a lot of add-ons with no provider's names next to them 😞 

It would also be convenient for us users to have an xml export of the list...

• Product name
  • License
  • Purchased data
  • Expired data
  • Provider (if not available, developer name, the blank space now is a little scattered, it almost looks like deleted the developer)

20 hours ago, Driven 2 Services said:

What's the current backlog time for additions to the providers list?  Thank you. :smile:

Any outstanding should be reviewed this coming week

19 hours ago, EmpireKicking said:

So the 'My Purchases' page still be available when the marketplace shuts down?

I still have a lot of add-ons with no provider's names next to them 😞 

Yes, it'll be available for a while yet (no current plans for an end date to remove it)

1 hour ago, Askancy said:

It would also be convenient for us users to have an xml export of the list...

• Product name
  • License
  • Purchased data
  • Expired data
  • Provider (if not available, developer name, the blank space now is a little scattered, it almost looks like deleted the developer)

Most customers don't have that many purchases to warrant the time spent on that.

On 9/11/2023 at 10:15 AM, Sinistra said:

How dose one become a provider. I think I use to be in the list at one point then went quiet for a few years because I lost interest in devs for awhile. I'm trying to get back 8nto it 

At the bottom of the provider's page:

• Interested in joining the Provider program to list your applications and services here in the Provider Directory?

To learn more, simply enroll in the course and review the details to determine if it is right for you.

23 hours ago, Emediate said:

When you say "transfer" - what do you mean?

He moved on the developer own website. As you can see in the pictures above, for your each file you have a key, that key you'll show it to the app / plugin / theme developer to gain acces on his own website / marketplace. Contact your app / plugin / theme developer and ask for his own website / marketplace and after provide him the key that IPS offered you.

7 hours ago, abobader said:

Hi @Stuart Silvester 

Many dev's whom we bought apps/plugins do not provide a site for support, can you enable download for the app's we bought from marketplace for the issue I talk about.

Thanks

Most developers appear to have plans to or have already put in place alternative places to obtain resources. If you haven't heard anything yet from a developer you get resources from, it may be worth sending them a PM.

How big of a factor was the fact that Invision no longer wanted to deal with support related to 3rd party add-ons ?

Now that you guys mostly sell the hosted solution, I am sure you want to focus your support on your community. Not of 3rd party that break your software because they are poorly written / and or not updated.

49 minutes ago, ntxpla said:

How big of a factor was the fact that Invision no longer wanted to deal with support related to 3rd party add-ons ?

Now that you guys mostly sell the hosted solution, I am sure you want to focus your support on your community. Not of 3rd party that break your software because they are poorly written / and or not updated.

Third party apps/plugins/themes were never supported by Ipb. i.e. Ipb never provided support for issues caused by third party stuff. 

1 hour ago, Miss_B said:

Third party apps/plugins/themes were never supported by Ipb. i.e. Ipb never provided support for issues caused by third party stuff. 

I am aware and that's the point. They were probably inundated with support requests coming from things they do not control , they do not want to support and yet still creates issues on their community.

1 hour ago, My Sharona said:

And that is going to stop with this move, how?

Simply because I suspect a lot of customers when having an issue with Invision, even if it was caused by a third-party addon still held Invision accountable - because it was bought from and paid to Invision. The unhinged side of my mind often thought this too, but the more rational side of my brain usually won over. 

I gotta say, this is a pain.  I have to contact each provider, hope they have a site, then register, then keep up with many different sites.

Over time, there will be fewer and fewer providers, eventually most of them will probably give up.  Especially the ones that created one or two fun apps.