Classifieds System

37 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hi guys,

Due to lack of time (working on a real job now), I decided to transfer the ownership of Classifieds to @InvisionHQ. Unfortunately I don't have the time anymore required to make this app better as it should. It has potential to grow up but I know that I won't be able to work on it as it should.

Please, keep reporting and making suggestions in support forum. I'll be around to help him for a month or so... till there, he will probably move content from the tracker and Classifieds forums to his install, somewhere else. He will let you all know when it's proper time.

Tks.

:(
And how about you others apps?

Just now, SammyS said:

And how about you others apps?

No change at all. Only Classifieds was requiring a time that unfortunately I couldn't offer anymore. It was something like only works in Classifieds and leave all others or works in all others and leave Classifieds wait too much for fixes/new features. Due to the nature of the app (money, etc), it can't wait.

3 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

App/addon gets sold to new developer, customers get shafted. 

Either way good luck on your future endeavors and hopefully this one works out

If it didn't works out for you, you can:

1 - try to solve your issue with the dev

2 - try a solution with marketplace moderator

3 - if none above works, submit a ticket to IPS management team. 

9 hours ago, Ohio Guns said:

customers get shafted

I think you can be disappointed because Adriano is a fantastic dev, but you can't say "customers get shafted" indirectly accusing me and Adriano.

So think positive and collaborate it's in my interests to make the app functional and keep selling it in the future, otherwise I would have thrown money for nothing.

Regards.

All I ask is that you please continue to update it so it's functional on each update of the IPS software. I don't want this add-on dead within 6 months to a year and it becomes obsolete, which I think Ohio was getting at, just not in a constructive way.

If done right, and feedback/features are listened to (within reason) as you know, you could make a healthy income.

Thanks for taking over the app, I look forward to what you can bring to the app. :wub:

8 minutes ago, DieselMinded said:

1. need 4.2 beta support whats the ETA?

I will reply the only question that has something to do with me. Reply: WHEN IT'S READY!  IPS 4.2 is in Beta stage yet, so I'm not delayed. I'm currently working on it and when I finish it, I will send to @InvisionHQ and then he decides what to do.

My story with this app finishes after that.

On 6/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, DieselMinded said:

1. need 4.2 beta support whats the ETA?

2. why can't this add-on work with out the commerce add-on? Can you make a stand alone?

3. users need to be able to import their ads from other platforms

Mine is working on the fron end with 4.2 users have still been able to post and create classifieds. 

The only problems I have with it on 4.2 is in the backend. I just disable it while I'm in the backend and reenable when done. 

Are you experieicning issues other other than this?

also expecting support on a code base that is rapidly changing is a waste of the developers time. 

On 6/7/2017 at 3:29 PM, InvisionHQ said:

Please have a little patience, at this stage we will ensure full compatibility with 4.2.

Soon after, we'll start talking about new features.

Hopefully integration with clubs is at the top of the update list. 

And if it's not, does anyone know if it can integrate with the groups collaboration addon so users can have classifieds directly inside their listings 

I think everyone needs to understand that they are not gonna release any patches, fixes, are updates until the final release of 4.2, even if it takes a year for the release of 4.2

There's no need to make any more posts about 4.2 classifieds.......i'm sure they still offer support for 4.0x,

But even i'm in the same position as all 4.2 users, i can't use the app at all due to, to many fixes that need to be made...so that means i have to be patient and let them work

The more we make them have to take time to comment back on things we already know, the longer it takes to get an updated version we all can use

I know both of these Authors and Both @InvisionHQ and @Adriano Faria are good to their word, and we will get an awesome Update that we will all be satisfied with.

Just now, FGN said:

...until the final release of 4.2, even if it takes a year for the release of 4.2

No, we have good sense. If it takes one year, probably (I mean PROBABLY because it's up to him now) @InvisionHQ may release a version to 4.1.

3 minutes ago, FGN said:

But even i'm in the same position as all 4.2 users, i can't use the app at all due to, to many fixes that need to be made...so that means i have to be patient and let them work

Advice for the next big update: DO NOT UPDATE your board before you talk to the devs, if you use 3rd-party resources. We can't hurry things just becase a couple of users did things without communicate.

------------------------------------------

4.2 version will be ready tuesday or wednesday probably and will be available to be tested by all purchases in the support board. I don't recommend use it in a live board without test, but as you already did, I don't expect you will wait for final but bear in mind that it's a decision you will take by your own and if you have any issue, a fix can take long and will be provided by the new dev.

Suggestions--

1--Add a location (City & State) midway between the title and the time left on the category view page, it picks up the info from the location fields when submitting the advert (I paid a coder to do that on Andy's Classifieds, so it can be done)

2-Notification icon on the nav tab like the IPB one so you get a notification when a new advert is posted

3-Remove the street address and zip code from the location as nobody in their right mind would tell the world their street address when selling an item

Thanks for considering these

Edited by Genestoy