Classifieds System

My users claim that they aren't receiving email notifications about anything related to their Classifieds ads but that they are receiving other forum emails.  I've checked and the Notification settings in the AdminCP are set to allow them to choose email as an option, and the ability to edit their settings is enabled as well.

Email on my community is distributed through SparkPost.

Any ideas?

On 3/31/2017 at 7:05 PM, Ziggs said:

My users claim that they aren't receiving email notifications about anything related to their Classifieds ads but that they are receiving other forum emails.  I've checked and the Notification settings in the AdminCP are set to allow them to choose email as an option, and the ability to edit their settings is enabled as well.

Email on my community is distributed through SparkPost.

Any ideas?

On 4/1/2017 at 2:16 AM, Adriano Faria said:

No. This app uses the built-in email/notification class and I receive them all the time on my support board, where users test the app and report bugs. 

Are you using spark post on your test board?  I'm wondering if something in spark post settings is detecting the emails sent by classified app as spam and not delivering it.  I've never tried spark post , but I did have a similar issue with mandrill sending a bulk mail once.  A word in the email subject of the bulk mail triggered some kind of spam list, and only the first couple batches of email was delivered with the rest getting sent to a black hole.

@Ziggs maybe try disabling spark post for a day and let your server directly send the emails and see if they get delivered.  I'm my experience, any time I've tried to send mail through a third party service I've had delivery issues with anything that involves selling something.  Even topic notifications for topics titled "for sale" or similar have given me problems.

No, I don't use it. Probably they use some keyword filter. If so, words like "advert" should be blocked and the email won't be sent. If that's the case, take a look to see if this configurable in your setting. If it's not, then you will have to use the translation system to change whatever words is causing the issue. 

Now I'm writing a plugin with the functionality you'll never use in the application Classified. In a nutshell: there is a group of users for whom no information is available about the user who posted the ad (not available: name, photo, etc., all information which you could use to identify the author of the announcement) are also available able to offer a price. If the user has purchased access to the VIP group, it is available a button to "Offer your price" but the information about the author remains unavailable, while the advertiser does not accept the offer of the user.

For the implementation it is necessary to obtain information: 
1. How to eliminate ads from Classifieds site search.
2. How to eliminate ads and ad (answers, questions, reviews, etc.) from the activity feed.
3. How to exclude information about announcements of the activity profile.

With the above you can handle, if you disable ContentRouter, but how to do the hook?

Should look like the code that allows you to see information about the author of the ad Only to the user who sent the price to the author and if the author of the ad accepted his offer?

21 hours ago, h2ojunkie said:

Are you using spark post on your test board?  I'm wondering if something in spark post settings is detecting the emails sent by classified app as spam and not delivering it.  I've never tried spark post , but I did have a similar issue with mandrill sending a bulk mail once.  A word in the email subject of the bulk mail triggered some kind of spam list, and only the first couple batches of email was delivered with the rest getting sent to a black hole.

@Ziggs maybe try disabling spark post for a day and let your server directly send the emails and see if they get delivered.  I'm my experience, any time I've tried to send mail through a third party service I've had delivery issues with anything that involves selling something.  Even topic notifications for topics titled "for sale" or similar have given me problems.

Very good possibility. Thank you for bringing that up.  I've toggled over to Send Grid based on other feedback I've received from some of my forum-hosting colleagues and so far it seems to be sending emails.  I think you're right that the Classifieds emails were getting sent into an anti-spam black hole of some sort.

1 minute ago, Ziggs said:

Very good possibility. Thank you for bringing that up.  I've toggled over to Send Grid based on other feedback I've received from some of my forum-hosting colleagues and so far it seems to be sending emails.  I think you're right that the Classifieds emails were getting sent into an anti-spam black hole of some sort.

The word "advert" may be the problem. I had to change the FURL from ...advert/1-test-record to ...item/1-test-record because adblock plus was stopping a lot of features from working. 

Just now, Dean_ said:

Would the sidebar block be able to updated so I could pick what packages to show? If I just wanted to show just 'wanted' adverts only for example.

No. Sidebar is like any other app; you have Feeds, stats, etc.

Feel free to post a suggestion in the support board: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/forum/5-suggestions/

If you aren't aware of the credentials, use your name here as user there and your email here as the password there.

I dug around in the bug tracker and found this is a known bug fixed in a future version and applied the fix you listed.

http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/classifieds/renewed-adverts-not-renewingshowing-r319/#comment-1469

I've searched this topic and I see some old, similar issues. But those old issues were reported fixed many versions ago.  I'm not sure if I have a bug- or just something configured wrong.

I have both free and paid packages. - both free and paid packages are allowed to renew. I'm having an issue with renewals on the free adverts (not sure if the same issue is there on paid adverts because this is a new install, and no paid ads have come due for renewal yet).

General > Settings > Advert Options > Expired Adverts > Auto renew FREE adverts? (I have this set to OFF) - I don't want free adverts to stay around forever, constantly auto-renewing - so I set this off so the user would have to choose to renew the advert. 

Free Package Renewal Settings:
Allow Renewals?  ON
Renew for more: 15 days
Charge for renewals: OFF

This user has a bunch of ads. I just logged in as the user, and tried to renew one of his many expired ads:
https://www.thumpertalk.com/profile/325270-jamesm113/content/?type=classifieds_advert
This is the ad I tried to renew from the "my renewals" - https://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/item/86-asv-clutch-lever-honda-kawasaki-suzuki-yamaha/

It seems to work - however, the ad isn't totally "renewed". The date is updated as if it did renew - however, the ad is still expired and locked

https://www.screencast.com/t/y6BBvDWp4
https://www.screencast.com/t/b4HBf89A

2017-04-07_1826

Is this a bug? or do I have something configured wrong?

Edited by h2ojunkie
found solution in bug tracker
  • 2 weeks later...

is it possible to set up the classifieds to also have the ability to accept CC or PayPal, etc, for those items, using their own payment processing? A shopping mall so to speak, so private sellers can sell their own items, and vendors can list as well, using their payment processing methods, without payment needing to be processed by the owner of the IPS suite?

i have just purchased your software. and downloading and installing now. even if not possible, it looks great, but if it can do these things as well, it would be AMAZING, as IPS does not support multiple ecommerce vendors with their integrated commerce. Being able to let members control their own commerce is key to what I am trying to do. Even if its just a redirect to their own processing page.

Edited by MICHAEL GREENSTEIN
added info
12 minutes ago, MICHAEL GREENSTEIN said:

is it possible to set up the classifieds to also have the ability to accept CC or PayPal, etc, for those items, using their own payment processing? A shopping mall so to speak, so private sellers can sell their own items, and vendors can list as well, using their payment processing methods, without payment needing to be processed by the owner of the IPS suite?

i have just purchased your software. and downloading and installing now. even if not possible, it looks great, but if it can do these things as well, it would be AMAZING, as IPS does not support multiple ecommerce vendors with their integrated commerce. Being able to let members control their own commerce is key to what I am trying to do. Even if its just a redirect to their own processing page.

No. Payment gateway is an admin choice/setting. 

ok, so, forgetting about the IPS commerce for a second, if i enable external URL for adverts, it will allow the ability for a link to a sellers own external pre-existing processing page for the item, and other than the seller redirecting to such a processing page, it would leave sellers to work with buyers on their own for sales, such as how craigslist or Facebook marketplace functions.

am i correct?

Edited by MICHAEL GREENSTEIN
added info

im ready to buy this right now!!

But i just need to know if the requirement "Commerce Feature" is still needed to make this work.....

i have the latest IPS 4.1.19.2 and its under IPS not self made......their commerce app no longer has that feature and i want this classifieds so bad.....if someone or the Author can tell me that i can still use this with out flaw.. i will buy it right now....

thank you @Adriano FariaFaria      

Hello, I have problem installing the plugin

I used to use the old v3.4 plugin by the other autor, I followed the steps and ran mysql query and it returned Success message. When I tried to install the plugin I got stuck at this point

http://prntscr.com/f0y2fs

I delete the files on server and rmoved MysQL tables of this new APP and then tried to reinstall and still encountered the same issue.

Can you look into it please?