Classifieds System

Lets say i have different categories for Consoles

Main Cat´s are Playstation - Microsoft - Nintendo

I want to have subCat´s for consoles, games and equipment

I´ld need to add them to all main categories. Would be better to just have consoles, games and equipment and add all in whats xbox, ps etc. with a selectable filter to narrow down the search

get you... It´s bit hard, you know, same with categories like SELL, BUY, EXCHANGE.

Would be great to have maybe some labels you can click to get all Selling Adverts in a category listed.

Without any filter option it will become a mess after a while ;)

Please dont get wrong, really appreciate your work but there are a few things missing from what ive read here. Would like to buy but no idea how to sort all the categories with the list of subcategories. To find what people are looking for would need to long except you have a catgory list till hell

I know but still not well sorted.what if you have hundreds different types for. Maybe a Sidebar Block with search/filter options that just pops in on classifieds page would do the job?

Anyway i just wanted to give an idea. Looks like you are not interested in any and just following your owns. Wish you good luck with your addon.

24 minutes ago, JimmyJo said:

I know but still not well sorted.what if you have hundreds different types for. Maybe a Sidebar Block with search/filter options that just pops in on classifieds page would do the job?

If you resd the ropic I linked you'll see that this was requested there. The way it is today, changes in Core model would be necessary, otherwise I wouldn't request IPS to make it.

26 minutes ago, JimmyJo said:

Anyway i just wanted to give an idea. Looks like you are not interested in any and just following your owns.

Suggestions are welcome, of course. First, there is a limitation in current framework (search is really bad/useless); Second, you're asking me something like: change the Gallery to allow only photos/images of cars in category X, then people in Y, etc. This is an admin's decision, not mine. 

Thank you.

What's New in Version 1.0.3:

New features/Improvements:

• Adverts Management on ACP: a place where admins can control status of adverts: expire, complete, set as active, change expiration date, etc.
  • Advert History (advert view): works like the Moderation History, but will log all actions related to the advert itself, like who changed the expiration date, who set the advert as complete, etc.
  • New category setting to allow external advert link: you can link an advert posted in other sites, like eBay, etc.
  • New setting to force users to input advert price in all currencies
  • Advertiser now can reject offers; a notification will be sent to the user who made the offer
  • Ability do add a default address for new adverts in Account Settings.
  • Ability to enter a reason when setting the advert as completed. New setting to allow reasons and make it required
  • Ability to prune completed and/or expired adverts: you can delete or move them to a new category
  • Added a filter on Adverts Feed widget: you can now list only ACTIVE adverts or all (active, expired, pending and completed)
  • Added advert main screenshot on Adverts RSS Feed
  • A link to the advert will be added in the PM when using the Message advert contact form
  • Advert view now uses thumbnails in all advert images. The "big" image will load only when you click it to show in the lightbox
  • Notification for those who watch the advert (Wishlist) when missing X days to expire. You can choose number of days on a new setting
  • Button to create new adverts move to the top of page in category view
  • Rework in several templates by requests

Fixes:

• All issues reported in the Tracker were fixed

12 minutes ago, KentT said:

Does this release contain the linking or any integration with Trader Feedback System? That's not mentioned in the release notes above, and I've been waiting on that to upgrade.

This was discussed in the Support board, which you have access. You probably should've had participated on the topic to make your point.

No. I won't do that integration anymore because it makes no sense for this specific case. TFS allows any user, at any time, to submit a feedback to any advert. For the advert itself, only the buyer and the advertiser should submit a feedback.

This app will have its own feedback systems in next version (1.0.4), in a couple of months (or earlier).

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This was discussed in the Support board, which you have access. You probably should've had participated on the topic to make your point.

No. I won't do that integration anymore because it makes no sense for this specific case. TFS allows any user, at any time, to submit a feedback to any advert. For the advert itself, only the buyer and the advertiser should submit a feedback.

This app will have its own feedback systems in next version (1.0.4), in a couple of months (or earlier).

I am quite disappointed for two reasons:

1.  I paid you to install and at least link both apps several months ago -- and it still has not been done.  I can understand your desire to create/market your own,. but meanwhile we are left with nothing....

2.  I've voiced the issue of "where do I go for support" being unclear before.  I use several plug-ins or apps - not just yours.  Having to go to each of the developers own sites to try to keep up with what's going on with each is a real challenge for us users, since there's no direct links from the ACP, like there is for the IPS apps. Instead, I follow the discussions here. I can perhaps see the need to keep your "Bug Tracker" on your own site, but to require each user to use your own Support boards -- while you are obviously using this one here, is a poor practice... 

Just now, KentT said:

1.  I paid you to install and at least link both apps several months ago -- and it still has not been done.  I can understand your desire to create/market your own,. but meanwhile we are left with nothing....

1: True. Reading the PM now, I will refund yours $50. As I won't support two versions of same app (this is insane) and I won't add something that won't work as it should (I don't think Mary Doe should submit a feedback to an advert that she didn't made part of it, as a buyer or seller - I'm sure 99,9% of this app purchasers agree with me), I think that's the best way to go.

2: I'm not sure how I can make it more clear to you:

IMG_0487.PNG

22 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

2: I'm not sure how I can make it more clear to you:

IMG_0487.PNG

Thanks for the refund -- that says a lot about your overall stand-up support! :)

I understand that you have made your own practices clear -- but that requires that I (and other users) first find the plug-in in the Marketplace again, in order to access your site, or store the link as a Favorite or something.  As I recall, when I suggested to the developers in the Marketplace several months ago that they somehow integrate their support links in a product ReadMe (or something similar) visible through the ACP that you voiced a dissenting view.  

Ideally, I'd like to see an optional dropdown selection for Support for each plug-in or app in the ACP. When I am trying to find/resolve issues with my site's software -- I am always in the ACP.  Being able to readily link from somewhere in the ACP to where you want me to go for support  -- where ever that may be -- would be a huge improvement for users of Marketplace add-ons...

As it is, I must return to this site, search for the specific add-on, and then go from there to where that specifc developer wants me to go....

2 hours ago, KentT said:

I understand that you have made your own practices clear -- but that requires that I (and other users) first find the plug-in in the Marketplace again, in order to access your site, or store the link as a Favorite or something.  As I recall, when I suggested to the developers in the Marketplace several months ago that they somehow integrate their support links in a product ReadMe (or something similar) visible through the ACP that you voiced a dissenting view.  

Ideally, I'd like to see an optional dropdown selection for Support for each plug-in or app in the ACP. When I am trying to find/resolve issues with my site's software -- I am always in the ACP.  Being able to readily link from somewhere in the ACP to where you want me to go for support  -- where ever that may be -- would be a huge improvement for users of Marketplace add-ons...

As it is, I must return to this site, search for the specific add-on, and then go from there to where that specifc developer wants me to go....

If you continue to make this case clearly to IPS, using Company/Product Feedback, I am sure Adriano would support your case. In fact, he already does this, giving support to lots of good ideas that can improve the third-party experience.

Why it is that you take your frustrations out on any developer for having their own support site is, frankly, beyond me. Maybe you had a moment of weakness but it certainly isn't clear her. You should do better than unload on the people who are in the same boat as us, the customers.

2 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

If you continue to make this case clearly to IPS, using Company/Product Feedback, I am sure Adriano would support your case. In fact, he already does this, giving support to lots of good ideas that can improve the third-party experience.

Why it is that you take your frustrations out on any developer for having their own support site is, frankly, beyond me. Maybe you had a moment of weakness but it certainly isn't clear her. You should do better than unload on the people who are in the same boat as us, the customers.

I didn't mean to "take my frustration out" on Adriano nor "unload on him" for this issue alone.  But, you need to also understand that that (a) I had paid him to link his Classifieds app to the Trader Feedback System months ago, and it did not happen in this release as I had been told earlier, and (b) then he tells me that if I had been more active in HIS forums I would've known about it.  It was the combination of events...

Why should I need to participate in his forums to find out that he was not going to do what he'd already been paid for and agreed to do?

Those are the terms to submit a file to the Marketplace:

Capturar.png

Support for the app is provided here on IPS.

Those are my terms:

Capturar.png

I'd rather have separate suggestion and bug topics from support topics because that makes things easier for me. It's hard to track suggestion or bugs in a topic with 13 pages (today). Other contributors has topics here with 100, 200, 300 pages.

That's all.

1 minute ago, KentT said:

I didn't mean to "take my frustration out" on Adriano nor "unload on him" for this issue alone.  But, you need to also understand that that (a) I had paid him to link his Classifieds app to the Trader Feedback System months ago, and it did not happen in this release as I had been told earlier, and (b) then he tells me that if I had been more active in HIS forums I would've known about it.  It was the combination of events...

Why should I need to participate in his forums to find out that he was not going to do what he'd already been paid for and agreed to do?

I understand. I also wouldn't advise mixing the issue of your paid job with how it is best for him to deliver support.

Could he have done better? Maybe, I don't know the situation that well but you seem to be happy to have got your refund.

But the issue of how support is delivered, no matter whether you paid for custom work or not, does not come down on individual developers but rather IPS and their lack of a decent solution for this well-known issue. I think it's important to maintain clarity with this issue.

And why should you participate, even for an agreement to a custom job? Well I don't know about you but when it comes to wanting something to be done I know I have to keep on top of everything better than anybody else; it's not easy, of course, and frustrating but then again so many worthwhile things come with this price.

I had been promised it would be in the next release... and it wasn't.  He was the one who began the "if you'd participated elsewhere you would've known" line of discussion in his initial response to me. So, I responded to both points in my reply.

But, I also do not want to continue this "he said/she said" or "he said it first" kind of discussion. He refunded my money, which is fair. But to say that I am "happy" is not accurate.  I waited months for something that did not happen after being told it would. And I still have no solution.... 

Adriano does good work -- I'm using at least two of his apps -- both in initial quality and in his level of support.  But, this was still a disappointment... 

I'll leave it there -- just as he has, with his reiteration of how he provides support.