Classifieds System

Hello, Looking at the classifieds stream hook, I think it could be vastly improved in its appearance - easily by adopting the same style used in the application. Please refer to the attachment. I think the current hook has its thumbnails too small, and it generates problems with formatting. If the hook looked like the stream within the Classifieds application (attached) it would be much more interesting for the readers in my view.

ok.png

small.png

Further it seems there is some issue with the formatting of the currency, it shows various bold/regular font styles - which is not correct. The same is happening on the vertical hook.

vertical.png

The index blocks uses same styles from IPS Downloads. It was based on it. Anyway, this screen will probably be changed completely in a future version, that's why I'm not really worried with cosmetic stuff right now. The app has some missing features (like internal search, shipment and feedback) that's been worked on. That is the focus now  

Regarding your second image, if you have any issue, post it in the app Tracker (URL in the Support Info on file view) and it will be addressed. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi. Just a quick question: While testing the system after installation, I have created a paid ad, as the admin. Have removed the ability for admin to create free ads and I am taken to the invoice to pay. I have then created a coupon code with 100% discount, as I want to give my members the possibility to add ads for free for a while. When adding the coupon on checkout, I get the following error message;

"Sorry, there is a problem. You do not have permission to approve PAID submissions.

Error code: CL-APPROVE/1"

Also tested this via members account and get the same error, so I am not able to offer our members to add a coupon with 100% discount right now.

Might be a setting I have missed, but I have looked many, many times now without being able to figure this one out. Then again; men and searching for stuff ;)

Yep, I know. But I was thinking it was a good idea to allow the members to get a coupon code that they could use for a week and post ads for free, to get the Classifieds section populated faster and so that our paying members, who have upgraded to be able to post in our current sales forum, doesn't have to pay again ;) I'll figures something out with the current tools that are available, but it would be nice to be able to allow members to use coupons to get discounts, etc as regular via commerce ;)

5 hours ago, misfit76 said:

Is there a way not to set expiration dates on the adverts?

No. All packages are based in number of days to expire. 

5 hours ago, misfit76 said:

Is there a way to have an Advert Package that will pin the Ad and then unpin after certain number of days or upon completion?

Yes. Pin and Feature are settings of the package. Once the advert is expired, it will be unpinned and unfeatured.

On 03.02.2017 at 1:47 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Yes:

Capturar.png

yeah ive did that. but when i create new listing, set  5 pcs for an example. Login from other user and try to buy 5 pcs, only 1 pcs deducted, idk why. But i didnt connect gateway

Is this problem will be solve,  if i connect payment gateway? And user can buy all of items, if he selected 5 pcs

9 minutes ago, ltmke11 said:

quick question-  When someone buys an item the software is sending me(site owner) their money and not the seller.  Is there a way to change this? Or Did I not select the right button somewhere?  Thanks!

That's the one weakness of the Commerce package dependency.  All money goes into YOUR account and then you have to distribute it out from there to the appropriate parties.  Until the base commerce package is changed to allow it to route to other accounts you will have to distribute the proceeds.

I've set mine up so that I dont' handle any of the funds.

589ded288d92f_ScreenShot2017-02-10at10_40_56AM.png.fef387b2b9762c672d6c24b8a2358176.png

This is kind of a misnomer as it does not pay directly to the advertiser, but to the commerce package and then distributed out from there - not really much different than the downloads manager does from my understanding.

Edited by T. D. Perry
14 minutes ago, ltmke11 said:

quick question-  When someone buys an item the software is sending me(site owner) their money and not the seller.  Is there a way to change this? Or Did I not select the right button somewhere?  Thanks!

Unfortunately, don't. That's how the Commerce works:

The money should go to the advert owner as Account Credit. He needs to request withdraw to receive it on PayPal effectively

7 minutes ago, Tracy Perry said:

That's the one weakness of the Commerce package dependency.  All money goes into YOUR account and then you have to distribute it out from there to the appropriate parties.  Until the base commerce package is changed to allow it to route to other accounts you will have to distribute the proceeds.

The problem I see is that the commerce seems to have been made to meet the specific needs of IPSThere's a lot that needs to be improved to really look like a virtual store / sales site

Edited by Adriano Faria

Disable TRANSACTIONS and this app will act like the old one. You will receive money for listing. All the deal will have to be made by the members, "outside" the app.

And yes, it's stated on file description and in the first post of this topic:

On 09/09/2016 at 2:22 PM, Adriano Faria said:

How does it work?

Admin can enable TRANSACTIONS, which will allow members to buy items directly from another member via app and the advertiser receives the amount paid via account credit. If TRANSACTIONS is disabled, things has to be done manually: member needs to contact the advertiser in ways he wants (he chooses when posting the advert), make the deal, then the advertiser will set the advert as PENDING DEAL. After the payment/deal is done, advertiser sets the advert as COMPLETED. In both cases, if the advert is a SALES advert type BIDS (offers) are allowed if the admin enables the setting and if the advertiser also enables it when posting the advert.

31 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The problem I see is that the commerce seems to have been made to meet the specific needs of IPSThere's a lot that needs to be improved to really look like a virtual store / sales site

Yep, and I'm sure you've probably seen some of my posts "harping" on this very fact.  It basically appears to be a package that they use(d) internally that they bolted a few features onto and then turned into an app to resale.  It's not a "true" commerce package by any means.

21 minutes ago, mdmx said:

also can you display total quantity? For an example when i create new listing i should type quantity i have.

For an example 10. But after listing created, there is now info about total quanity i have. I can only count by arrows. Can you please make like this: http://prntscr.com/e7b5no

The Quantity field appears only when you enable the Transactions, due to the math calc (qtf x price = final price). So it appears when it has more than one item:

Capturar.png

This advert has 3 items. The user can buy only one or all (3). I don't see much sense in show 1 if the advert has only 1 item. At least this was the agreement people had when it was in development.

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

The Quantity field appears only when you enable the Transactions, due to the math calc (qtf x price = final price). So it appears when it has more one item:

Capturar.png

This item has 3 items. The user can buy only one or all (3). I don't see much sense in show 1 if the advert has only 1 item. At least this was the agreement people had when it was in development.

Ok. And what about escrow system? It will protect buyers from non legit vendors