Classifieds System

Bug or setup/configuration error on my part? Package display on advert creation don't seem to be honored. My test user is a regular member and theoretically does not have access to the "active member" groups discounted packages.

Edit_Package__30_Day__active_member_discount_.png

If I set the "supporting member" group permission to can use classifieds without charge, that group is still shown every package I have set up (30/90/annual with and without discounts for active users).

Overall, amazing application. Impressed.

15 minutes ago, bradl said:

Bug or setup/configuration error on my part? Package display on advert creation don't seem to be honored. My test user is a regular member and theoretically does not have access to the "active member" groups discounted packages.

Edit_Package__30_Day__active_member_discount_.png

If I set the "supporting member" group permission to can use classifieds without charge, that group is still shown every package I have set up (30/90/annual with and without discounts for active users).

Overall, amazing application. Impressed.

Thank you. That's a bug indeed. I released a patch today earlier that fix this. You just have to upload the file.

Take a look: 

That's the link to the patch: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/topic/352-patch-1-for-classifieds-system-1021/

Edited by Adriano Faria
19 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Did you try to run the tool to rebuild cache? Also, does it work on default theme?

No I didn't. What exactly I need to do?

Yes I have the same problem on default theme. I have another test version of the same forum and works great. Test version is on the same server but it is http not https like main website. Maybe this is problem?

5 hours ago, KITEZONE said:

No I didn't. What exactly I need to do?

Yes I have the same problem on default theme. I have another test version of the same forum and works great. Test version is on the same server but it is http not https like main website. Maybe this is problem?

I don't think so.

Go to your ACP -> Support -> Something isn't workin... or something like that. I don't remember exactly the phrase now.

Hi,

amazing app. I have a problem with the email which can be send. It shows the wrong username and no email content.

I also tried to login into your support board with the credentials from IPS, but it didn't accept these. How can I register for your support board?

best regards

ralph

19 hours ago, Gnuru said:

I also tried to login into your support board with the credentials from IPS, but it didn't accept these. How can I register for your support board?

Just checked and you already has an account. Credentials are your username here and the password is your email here on IPS.

19 hours ago, Gnuru said:

I have a problem with the email which can be send. It shows the wrong username and no email content.

Please, post the issue in the Tracker there.

16 hours ago, svit said:

I have noticed that when changing the advertiser of the post by admin, the posts created in forums are still showing the original arvertiser as authors of the posts. This should be ideally synchronized/update automatically.

Please, submit any issues to the official Tracker: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/

From the comments / reviews (not verified)

Can't install it on my IPS Community Suite 4.1.11.1

I've set up a completely new instance of the IPS Community and get this error when I try to install the Classifieds Plugin:

Duplicate entry 'payment_done' for key 'PRIMARY'

Note: The complete Database is empty.. there are only the tables, the IPS Community Suite installation creates.

How can I fix this!?

Will ask commenter to post here.

Use question: Is there a way to set a "parent" category so that it cannot accept submissions, only its subcategories? Similar to the way we can set up a forum but set it to be a category to hold other forums instead of discussion forum itself. Or like the gallery category that contains albums but not individual photos. 

I have one sort of set up like that (no packages assigned to it) but the submit button still appears and reports a "no packages" error if used.

Just now, bradl said:

Use question: Is there a way to set a "parent" category so that it cannot accept submissions, only its subcategories? Similar to the way we can set up a forum but set it to be a category to hold other forums instead of discussion forum itself. Or like the gallery category that contains albums but not individual photos. 

I have one sort of set up like that (no packages assigned to it) but the submit button still appears and reports a "no packages" error if used.

Not currently but can be easy implemented. I'll do it for the next version.

Hello,

I have a suggestion. Searching by location would be a nice addition, so people can filter based on their location. Very useful when there are hundreds of adverts

And a question: this can be suitable for services too? Buy button can be replace with Hire for example?

search.png

location search1.png

47 minutes ago, amator said:

I have a suggestion. Searching by location would be a nice addition, so people can filter based on their location. Very useful when there are hundreds of adverts

Long story short: location was added when the app was already in an advanced stage of the development and the way IPS built the GeoLocation stuff, a complete rewrite of the entire category stuff (script and templates) was required, so not to further delay the release, which was already quite late, decided to leave this for a further version, probably in 4.2.

51 minutes ago, amator said:

question: this can be suitable for services too? Buy button can be replace with Hire for example?

Well, that's not the main porpose of this app. Change the text is easy, since the app is fully translateable... but I'm not sure if it will fit your needs in that manner.

1 hour ago, svit said:

I would appreciate if each category could have an option of setting a specific currency. Our users are spread across the globe and they are selling their products among themselves in local currencies.

Not possible. This is a COMMERCE stuff. Regardless your category, all currencies will appear in forms where the MONEY field is used.

• 3 weeks later...

New version coming in a couple of weeks or so. Among a few things, 3 new features:

1 - Admin CP Adverts Management: a place where you will have more control over adverts

Capturar.thumb.PNG.8bc70b2c6930959c6c11a

2 - Advert History: similar to topic history, will display all actions performed in the advert (excluding moderation actions, which already is a feature), such as:

• Who made an offer
  • Who clicked in the BUY BUTTON
  • etc

3 - Member Store: will display all active adverts from that member. It will be a place where others can find easily everything about the user, like active adverts (those can be dealt), expired adverts, feedback (yet to come), quick stats from their adverts, etc.

:)

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

3 - Member Store: will display all active adverts from that member. It will be a place where others can find easily everything about the user, like active adverts (those can be dealt), expired adverts, feedback (yet to come), quick stats from their adverts, etc.

Only a correction here: not sure if this will be in next version (1.0.3) or in the next one (1.0.4).

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Among a few things

As you know, I will develop a feedback system inside my app (not on 1.0.3 for sure) but you can choose to use the @stoo2000's Trader Feedback System:

Capturar.PNG.12fbbe84d07316b0832f279e293

When you click, you go to the user profile on Feedback tab:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.ece5447a3184a25db3902

It's a setting:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.3ef2b7ba857b22c3dec43

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this has been asked, I searched the topic but couldn't find my answer.

Does this support additional field searching?

Eg, if I have a product that only fits Nissan, can I create a field for 'Car Make' and then allow end users to search that field for Nissan ? 

Thanks

7 hours ago, Prank said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked, I searched the topic but couldn't find my answer.

Does this support additional field searching?

Eg, if I have a product that only fits Nissan, can I create a field for 'Car Make' and then allow end users to search that field for Nissan ? 

There's a setting on Extra Fields that allows search but I don't remember if the field appears on search form.