Classifieds System

This really looks great, but does it have any support for providing shipping costs?  Pretty much everything that people sell on my forum requires shipping.  And, shipping costs can vary quite a bit between US domestic shipping, Canada, and other international destinations.  Ideally there would be a way to enter one or more shipping fields, such as: 

Shipping:

US: $4.50
Canada: $11.00
International: $20.00

You could also allow people to enter the method of shipping, 

US: $4.50 (First Class Mail)
US: $8.00 (Priority Mail)
Canada: $11.00 (USPS First Class International)
International: $20.00 (USPS First Class International)

Options need to include "Local Pickup" and "Free".  As well as to not show the shipping information if the seller didn't specify any. 

The additional of something along these lines would make this more compelling for use on my forum

Thanks for your consideration! 

Just now, AtariAge said:

Can you describe what you plan on doing for shipping? 

Honestly, I haven't given much thought to it yet. I'm working in 1.0.3 that will have some new features... then I'll colect info about best way to make it and the feedback too.

Anyway, you as purchaser, will have access to my dev board and will participate in Suggestions forum, if you really want to make part of it. :)

18 hours ago, Prank said:

Thats a big feature for me. How can I find out if it does? 

Downloads works exactly the very same way, regarding extra fields. It does not appear in search; not even the field in advanced search or in search result (term typed in the search field). And that is for all apps, so it's a CORE thing.

I got a ticket on IPS regarding this. Will pos the result here.

On 24/11/2016 at 6:24 AM, Adriano Faria said:

I suggest you to post here https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/433958-extra-fields-search-is-uselessdo-not-work-the-way-it-is/ to make IPS change things. The way it is today, is useless.

Oh I see. My apologies, I thought it was a feature that you provided. 

The search sucks at the moment, I've replaced mine with Google Site Search to keep people from leaving.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, kmk said:

1. Is possible set up become default content?

2. and change the default location?

1. This is a CORE feature. I'm not aware of anything to use default values there. 

2. Yes, it's possible but I don't see any sense in doing this, since adverts will have, 99,9999999999% of the time, different content.

It can be useful to you, but it's not enough to change things to add such feature. Sorry.

Edited by Adriano Faria
3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

1. This is a CORE feature. I'm not aware of anything to use default values there. 

2. Yes, it's possible but I don't see any sense in doing this, since adverts will have, 99,9999999999% of the time, different content.

It can be useful to you, but it's not enough to change things to add such feature. Sorry.

1. I can understand that is a core feature.

2. I mean if can give option to set up diferent default location, if I am USA, sure I will put United State, but if my members are Panama, I would like have the option to change it.  

Does the Classifieds system provide a feature for "discussion" threads to be created automatically or is that an add-on?  I have seen a feature on a few installations where there is a button within the classified itself to go to a Discussion Topic but I don't see where that is mentioned in the description of the system here in the IPB marketplace.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Ziggs said:

Does the Classifieds system provide a feature for "discussion" threads to be created automatically or is that an add-on?  I have seen a feature on a few installations where there is a button within the classified itself to go to a Discussion Topic but I don't see where that is mentioned in the description of the system here in the IPB marketplace.

Yes:

Capturar.png

Capturar1.png

Capturar2.png

The only drawback regarding the discussion topic is that it is not visible when you visit the advert. I wish it would be like Pages articles where comments from the discussion topic are also visible on the article page and you can comment directly on the article page or in this case on the advert page.

That would make Classifieds perfect.

On 12/9/2016 at 9:45 AM, Tom_K said:

The only drawback regarding the discussion topic is that it is not visible when you visit the advert. I wish it would be like Pages articles where comments from the discussion topic are also visible on the article page and you can comment directly on the article page or in this case on the advert page.

That would make Classifieds perfect.

I agree and suggested that also. It only makes sense to have the discussion right in the classified, ya users can ask a question there which is cool but often times members are having discussions in the thread and the author isn't thinking to go look there either.

http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/topic/413-have-discussions-right-in-the-classified-kind-of-like-pages-commenting/#comment-2146

22 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

I agree and suggested that also. It only makes sense to have the discussion right in the classified, ya users can ask a question there which is cool but often times members are having discussions in the thread and the author isn't thinking to go look there either.

http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/topic/413-have-discussions-right-in-the-classified-kind-of-like-pages-commenting/#comment-2146

Exactly. It is strange to have a button open a new page where you have comments since we know it can be done like Pages comments.

Hello,

I am struggling with renewing ads which have expired, in one installation, the option is not there even if the category enables 30 days extension, in my other installation i see the option to renew, but after clicking renew ad, there is no action being taken. Any advise please?