Classifieds System

About This File

Classifieds System is an application that enables your members to list items for sale/trade, monetizing your community.

Requirement:

How does it work?

Admin can enable TRANSACTIONS, which will allow members to buy items directly from another member via app and the advertiser receives the amount paid via account credit. If TRANSACTIONS is disabled, things has to be done manually: member needs to contact the advertiser in ways he wants (he chooses when posting the advert), make the deal, then the advertiser will set the advert as PENDING DEAL. After the payment/deal is done, advertiser sets the advert as COMPLETED. In both cases, if the advert is a SALES advert type BIDS (offers) are allowed if the admin enables the setting and if the advertiser also enables it when posting the advert.

Notices:

• THIS IS NOT AN UPGRADE of the old app (for IP.Board 3.4), so if you used the old app you probably still have data from the old app in your database, take a read on manual.pdf (page 2) in the zip file or request support before you install this app.
  • Each purchase entitles you to use Classifieds System on one Community installation.

Features:

• Unlimited categories of adverts, plus unlimited depth of parent-child relationships with a lot of settings
  • Per-category permissions to show category, view adverts, submit adverts, ask questions and review adverts
  • Category Icons
  • Ability to choose the order and which blocks to display on the app index: Expiring Soon, What's New and Categories block
  • Support Extra Fields so you can define different fields per category
  • Integrates to Commerce, so you can choose a specific payment gateway, tax, fee and comission and use multi-currencies
  • Ability to switch between currencies with a click to display advert prices
  • Ability to add multiple packages and charge for your listings at varying price points to suit your users. Listing packages allow you to choose whether or not specific member groups should need to pay to advertise and also whether adverts will be billed according to the value of the item being sold
  • Users can make offers (bid) to the adverts, if the advertiser allows
  • Admin can enable transactions, which means that a user can buy something from another member directly, monetizing the site with fee/comission
  • Per member settings: allows to access the app and allows to submit adverts
  • Per group settings: allows to access the app, how many approvwd content items must have to access the app and mpderate first X free adverts from users of the group. That will make moderator's life easier
  • Integrates into IPS4 Moderating system, which all commons permissions, such as pin, unpin, delete, feature, move, etc.
  • Robust Admin Restrictions
  • Ability to take specific actions when a member is deleted or flagged as a spammer
  • Ability to give account credit to new members
  • Ability to set the minimum/maximum title length and description length
  • Ability to remove the upload of attachments in the advert description editor
  • Submit questions and reviews to advert. Admin can choose if new questions or reviews are moderated, per category. Advertiser can reply to the questions
  • Ability for users to report potentially offensive content using the built-in Report Center
  • Search integration: search adverts along with the rest of your community’s content
  •  Supports item marking, allowing your users to see what adverts have been added or commented/reviewed on
  • Integrates into Activity Streams
  •  Integrates to Share Links to share
  • Integrates to Google Maps if and address is provided in the link submission (IPS 4.1.13+: Google Map APIs now requires an API key. Go toAdminCP -> System -> Community Enhancements to enable Google Maps support)
  • Supports the built-in tagging system including prefixes
  • Support for notifications such as new adverts and questions comments on adverts
  • Ability to follow/like categories and individual adverts
  • Ability to add adverts to a wish list
  • Drag & drop reordering of categories, advert types, items conditions and packages in the ACP.
  • Ability to create RSS feeds of all adverts
  • Integration with ACP Live Seach (categories, advert types, items conditions and packages)
  • Friendly URLs for adverts and categories
  • Compatible with Trader Feedback System (missing only a better way to display the feedback on advert).
  • More.

2 hours ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

Would you be adding a bidding system like ebay?

It has a bid system. I call it Offer in the app; a "simple" name for those who doesn't know how the whole stuff works. Anyway, admins can change this term on ACP -> Languages.

Like Transactions, it has a setting to enable and the advertiser also chooses if want to allow this when submitting the advert.

25 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It has a bid system. I call it Offer in the app; a "simple" name for those who doesn't know how the whole stuff works. Anyway, admins can change this term on ACP -> Languages.

Like Transactions, it has a setting to enable and the advertiser also chooses if want to allow this when submitting the advert.

No time limit for listing like ebay.. where they can bid and who ever has the highest bid will win the buy?

Can this be used to sell ads like the previous version? For example, I allow members to post free text ads, but commercial ads with images had a listing fee. The purchase and check out went through the commerce module so credit cards and paypal could be used. Is that feature still available? 

If anyone has a live, working example of this with plenty of ads, I would be very interested to see this ^_^

@Adriano Faria Is it easy enough to apply a custom template to the main page of classifieds? Just like you would with Pages.

I'm not keen on the Sliders as they don't show enough products, I just want a landing page with all the latest ads shown. I will only have one category.

I'm looking at doing something like this;

classifieds.png

One more question Adriano,

Are there any plans to add a share option to ads?

Many of my users want to be able to create an ad and then share directly from the ad to facebook. This will allow them to share to multiple groups on facebook without creating the ad multiple times.

It would work just the same as how sharing a topic currently works, by clicking the facebook icon at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks ^_^

Edited by Heyhoe
10 minutes ago, Heyhoe said:

Is it easy enough to apply a custom template to the main page of classifieds?

The app will have a total overhaul in iindex. It was planned but as dev took much more time than I expected, had to release it like that. But expect a better layout for 1.1.0 (probably). I work with a designer, so it's more him find some time to work with me on this. ^_^

3 minutes ago, Heyhoe said:

t would work just the same as how sharing a topic currently works, by clicking the facebook icon at the bottom of the screen.

That's what the framework allows to do, unless there's some kind of API to auto share. I'm not aware.

Ah, you must have sharing turned off on your test board.

I was just looking for an example of which elements would appear in the shared ad, (Image, price, description etc)

I don't really know how all these fields would be chosen and displayed correctly by the facebook API.

Hi @Adriano Faria

We've just bought and installed the classified system.  Looks very good but we've encountered a slight problem.

Myself and another admin have been testing adverts, offers and questions between us without any problem.

But when we log in as other users (normal members) or ask normal members to test for us - every advert they create or offer they make is being recorded in the DB against 1 member_id (and the member ID is not one of any of the members involved in testing).

Any ideas what could be causing this? I think we have the permissions and everything set up correctly...

We are on 4.1.14.3

Thanks in advance.

Edited by watchhead
26 minutes ago, watchhead said:

Myself and another admin have been testing adverts, offers and questions between us without any problem.

But when we log in as other users (normal members) or ask normal members to test for us - every advert they create or offer they make is being recorded in the DB against 1 member_id (and the member ID is not one of any of the members involved in testing).

Any ideas what could be causing this? I think we have the permissions and everything set up correctly...

Not sure I follow... are you saying you create adverts as JOHN DOE and others are viewing this advert as if anyone else submitted it? Same for questions and offers?

If so, no... obviously that's not what's expected and I can't reproduce it: http://www.screencast.com/t/reqMZZFybCjj

My test was a basic use of the app:

1. Advert created by a user
  2. Question made by another user
  3. Second user made an offer
  4. Advertiser see the question and offer
  5. Advertiser replied to the question
  6. A third user goes to the app and see everything as it should

This app works just like any other: it stores the IDs of members and show them.

23 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Anyone got a link to a site with this installed on please?

You can try it here:

I have only one package, submission free.

Edited by Adriano Faria