My site (and this site) are slow, about 10 seconds to see a topic?

We have 100's of pages of errors in our system log from around 4:45pm yesterday to around 6:33pm (UK time) which seems to coincide with this issue - do other see the same? 

The errors relate to redis, mysql and template errors so I just wanted to check these all relate to the cloud issues.

1 minute ago, Grant_B said:

We have 100's of pages of errors in our system log from around 4:45pm yesterday to around 6:33pm (UK time) which seems to coincide with this issue - do other see the same? 

I see the same, yes. 

14 hours ago, Jim M said:

Our status page will provide information about incidents which occur on our platform: https://status.invisioncommunity.com/

There were no issues on April 21st with Cloud as a whole.

What does that mean when my site is down but there's no incident listed at https://status.invisioncommunity.com/ ?

7 minutes ago, Grant_B said:

The errors relate to redis, mysql and template errors so I just wanted to check these all relate to the cloud issues.

Just had a look and while not hundreds of pages, there are redis, template, javascript, and datastore errors. I also experienced other issues with this as well, which can be found here.

Edited by My Sharona

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is simply because it was not down as such in most places. It was slow for the most part, so hasnt tripped it

But at the time, uptrends.com showed my site down in all its testing locations throughout the world, as I shared on that screenshot. (Ugh... the anchoring is linking to the wrong post. The screenshot is a little further down.)

Edited by David N.

24 minutes ago, David N. said:

But at the time, uptrends.com showed my site down in all its testing locations throughout the world, as I shared on that screenshot. (Ugh... the anchoring is linking to the wrong post. The screenshot is a little further down.)

I can certainly see the screenshot there. However as you mentioned in your own post there, ours is not showing it. Dont get me wrong, we acknowledged there was an isssue, which has now been resolved. 🙂 

• Management

As Marc said, we did have two separate pockets of about 10-15 minutes of degraded performance around 4:45pm (BST) and around 6:15pm (BST). There was a very short period where we cycled our caching layer that was not performing optimally and putting pressure on the database servers.

I am not aware of any issues on the 21st.

Posted (edited)

I understand that there were issues on 04/25 that are reported on the status tracker, were acknowledged, and have now been resolved (thank you). 

I don't understand why my site was down in all locations tested by uptrend on 04/21, and why this downtime was not reported on the status tracker, or why you are not aware of it. I was trying to ask if that 04/21 issue was related to the 04/25 issues, or if this is an isolated issue that should be troubleshot separately? I see a bunch of errors in my log around the time when I detected the downtime: 

Could contain: Page, Text

All those errors end with 'MySQL server has gone away', for example: 

SELECT * FROM `cloud_livetopics_topic` WHERE `topic_topic_id`=136254
MySQL server has gone away

Here's the backtrace: 

#0 /var/www/html/107748/system/Db/Select.php(388): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*u324175::u324...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/html/107748/system/Db/Select.php(446): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/html/107748/system/Db/Select.php(370): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/html/107748/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(138): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /var/www/html/107748/applications/forums/sources/Topic/LiveTopic.php(40): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(136254, 'topic_topic_id')
#5 /var/www/html/107748/init.php(934) : eval()'d code(87): IPS\forums\_Topic->getLiveTopic()
#6 /var/www/html/107748/system/Content/Item.php(4769): IPS\Content\cloud_hook_ipsContentItem->commentFormElements()
#7 /var/www/html/107748/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(5378): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm()
#8 /var/www/html/107748/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, NULL, NULL, Array)
#9 /var/www/html/107748/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(643): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topic', Array)
#10 /var/www/html/107748/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#11 /var/www/html/107748/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/107748/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#13 /var/www/html/107748/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#14 /var/www/html/107748/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

The very first errors I see in my logs associated to that 04/21 downtime are: 

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by David N.

See Topic “Site Offline” Topic. My Board experienced intermittent slow downs the last couple days and is now dead on my main Safari Browser on my devices. There is no indication of this issue on the Status Page. 

Edited by Allen Bradford

19 minutes ago, Allen Bradford said:

See Topic “Site Offline” Topic. My Board experienced intermittent slow downs the last couple days and is now dead on my main Safari Browser on my devices. There is no indication of this issue on the Status Page. 

Same for me on mine, and I'm getting messages from site users to say the same. It's weird, I can access on my macbook via safari and chrome, but on my iphone it's not having it at all, the page stays blank. This is the case as of postiing this post.

Edited by Owlsonline Admin

4 minutes ago, Owlsonline Admin said:

Same for me on mine, and I'm getting messages from site users to say the same. It's weird, I can access on my macbook via safari and chrome, but on my iphone it's not having it at all, the page stays blank. This is the case as of postiing this post.

Mine went down on Safari iPhone yesterday but stayed stable on Safari iPad until this morning when it struck a server error and went dead white with that default URL.

I can currently access my Board in Firefox browser on devices but I suspect its only a matter of time. 

4 minutes ago, Allen Bradford said:

Mine went down on Safari iPhone yesterday but stayed stable on Safari iPad until this morning when it struck a server error and went dead white with that default URL.

I can currently access my Board in Firefox browser on devices but I suspect its only a matter of time. 

I hope mine doesn't go down on laptop. Especially on a bloody matchday!

6 minutes ago, David N. said:

Same issue here right now. Trying to access my site from Firefox on my iPhone redirects to mysite.com/admin/install which yields a blank page. 

similar address for me on my site on Safari on iPhone