Buying new self hosted licence - how to choose few applications?

DawPi

• Management
32 minutes ago, DawPi said:

Hello,

https://invisioncommunity.com/buy/self-hosted/

Could contain: Page, Text, File

I don't need all these applications, how can I buy it with my choosen apps only as it was before?

We no longer sell Invision Community Classic with individual applications. This is in preparation for v5 where there will no longer be a separation for the "applications" like there is now. It will just be all bundled together and more tightly integrated.

Old pricing for full Invision Community Classic was $850 upfront and $300 per year.

New pricing is $499 upfront and $199 per year.

You can reach out to sales if you have questions about pricing or options.

48 minutes ago, Charles said:

We no longer sell Invision Community Classic with individual applications. This is in preparation for v5 where there will no longer be a separation for the "applications" like there is now. It will just be all bundled together and more tightly integrated.

Old pricing for full Invision Community Classic was $850 upfront and $300 per year.

New pricing is $499 upfront and $199 per year.

You can reach out to sales if you have questions about pricing or options.

Are you planning on passing this on to existing purchases? (The requirement for full applications)

An example: let's say I want to add just Blogs to my existing license. Would that still be possible?

Edited by Nathan Explosion

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Are you planning on passing this on to existing purchases? (The requirement for full applications)

An example: let's say I want to add just Blogs to my existing license. Would that still be possible?

I reckon that's a 'Nope' then...

<removed image with license key>

Serious questions now:

1) if I choose NOT to click that button, does that mean I won't have access to v5 when it is released?

2) If I renew my current license on the 2nd August, does that give me access to v5 when it is available? Or do I have to click that button?

Note: there is no complaint here. Just looking for clarification on your current stance (as you didn't announce this) before I ask further questions.

36 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Also, isn’t Downloads missing in this listing?

This screenshot also says you're getting "Live Topics" and "Real Time Features" on classic. 

The page can really benefit from some proofreading, before it causes any more confusion.  

• Management
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

So now I pay $150 at every 6 months. With the new model, will I pay $199 per year? Is that right?

Correct. So you would pay $199/year instead of $300.

Edit: Or $19/month. You can choose your option.

It should also give you credit for your history with your current license type and offer you at least a few months free 🙂

55 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Also, isn’t Downloads missing in this listing?

Yes, that's been fixed.

13 minutes ago, Joel R said:

This screenshot also says you're getting "Live Topics" and "Real Time Features" on classic. 

The page can really benefit from some proofreading, before it causes any more confusion.  

Those were greyed-out but I can see how that would be confusing.

For those of you asking about your current license or v5: you can keep your current license as is and v5 does not yet exist so nothing to report on that just yet.

Thanks Charles - I'll have to take that as I need to click the button then to get access to v5 though (that's me, personally...others can make there own minds up) as if v5 self-hosted has no separation of applications then I don't see any other answer.

Based on that, a request...announce stuff instead of hiding it away. Seriously...I would have absolutely jumped at this if you had given forewarning considering my impending renewal.

• Management
6 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Thanks Charles - I'll have to take that as I need to click the button then to get access to v5 though (that's me, personally...others can make there own minds up) as if v5 self-hosted has no separation of applications then I don't see any other answer.

Based on that, a request...announce stuff instead of hiding it away. Seriously...I would have absolutely jumped at this if you had given forewarning considering my impending renewal.

There's no announcement as there's nothing here that impacts any existing clients at the moment so nothing really to know. If you do happen to see it, you can read the info in client area, but if you do not then there's no impact to you.

At some point I am sure we will do a bigger announcement but not until it ever gets more impactful. So for now you don't really have to do anything at all.

4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

This is just me, but I would look to see a series of future pricing announcements targeted to: 

- current customers 

- future customers 

- competitor customers

This new pricing scheme to renew all-in at $199 / yr is extremely good.  I take it as a sign that IPS still sees viability in self-hosted communities at a very competitive price point.  

Some other thoughts: 

- To see this pricing leak so early is surprising, but I think it's IPS way of trying to adjust everyone to their "all apps" model as soon as possible.  This will make future upgrades and pricing easier for the company for when they do release v5.  

- It wouldn't be IPS pricing without cloud pricing. If IPS is willing to be this aggressive with their self-hosted pricing, for any clients who are even thinking about moving to cloud, wait until you see their cloud promos before making a decision.  ☁️

- Cloud clients already get all apps. This new pricing model for self-hosted also requires you to get all apps.  My thesis is that IPS is moving away from a model of core + apps in v4 into One Big Core in v5 with all content types included.  Maybe. 

5 minutes ago, SeNioR- said:

Może dla Ciebie i dla osób, które mają wszystkie aplikacje. Ale jeśli klient X ma tylko „Fora”, zapłaci dodatkowo 80 USD za aplikacje, z których nie będzie korzystał.

Dokładnie.

2 minutes ago, SeNioR- said:

he will pay an additional $80 more for applications he will not use.

But they can now easily start using them and the offer is pretty fair. For example, I’m sure people are hesitant to buy Commerce, but if you already have it in your license, trying out a premium membership will be easy and they might get those $80 back quicker than they thought.