Buying new self hosted licence - how to choose few applications?

DawPi

11 minutes ago, SeNioR- said:

Maybe for you, and for people who have all the apps. But if customer X has only 'Forums', he will pay an additional $80 more for applications he will not use.

Mate, I would be happy to pay an extra $60 a year on what I currently pay. It's about the details here... click the button, drink the kool-aid. Don't click the button...stick as it is until you find out.

• Management
22 minutes ago, Joel R said:

My thesis is that IPS is moving away from a model of core + apps in v4 into One Big Core in v5 with all content types included. 

Yes, so the concept of application still exist (the cloud app is still its own thing and removed for the classic version) and of course, after-market developers can still release and install applications, but we will over time likely merge all our apps into a single entity. This is not going to happen with v5.0.0 though.

We want to talk about features moving forwards and not app silos.

Gesundheit ... That's Matt off wasting his Saturday evening figuring out why that happened.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes, so the concept of application still exist (the cloud app is still its own thing and removed for the classic version) and of course, after-market developers can still release and install applications, but we will over time likely merge all our apps into a single entity. This is not going to happen with v5.0.0 though.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Licenses that expire without payment will immediately lose access to support, upgrades, spam prevention, geo location, and more. Reinstating a license will require catching up on any missed monthly payments or pay a full year renewal. Licenses not renewed after 24 months will be expired permanently and cannot be renewed, but you may purchase a new license for full price.

Would like some better clarification on Reinstating a license terms, so we pay for all missed payment if selected monthly like a loan/emi payments? 

Edited by JustinHawk

40 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It would be perfect if we could pay with marketplace credit automatic, something like a button in Account Credit page and bum… it’s paid. I would jump right away!

@Matt @Charles

Wherever it is, Client Area ou Account Credit page (from marketplace)… something to make it easy and faster. I’d rather pay the monthly license renewal with account credit than with credit card.

• Management
3 minutes ago, JustinHawk said:

Licenses that expire without payment will immediately lose access to support, upgrades, spam prevention, geo location, and more. Reinstating a license will require catching up on any missed monthly payments or pay a full year renewal. Licenses not renewed after 24 months will be expired permanently and cannot be renewed, but you may purchase a new license for full price.

Would like some better clarification on Reinstating a license terms, so we pay for all missed payment if selected monthly like a loan/emi payments? 

That is right and we recognize that's a change but we had to make this change. One huge area of abuse on the old way was people not renewing for 3 years, paying $50, and then getting 3 years worth of new software.

The monthly option is a payment plan for the yearly. You can of course switch to yearly at any time.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

@Matt @Charles

Wherever it is, Client Area ou Account Credit page (from marketplace)… something to make it easy and faster. I’d rather pay the monthly license renewal with account credit than with credit card.

I hear you but they are totally separate systems for business and tax purposes so that's... hard 🙂 

1 minute ago, Charles said:

I hear you but they are totally separate systems for business and tax purposes so that's... hard 🙂 

Ok. Would an email to marketplace@ do it? Problem is that it takes time sometimes to get done and we (3rd-party devs) can get out of marketplace (sales) when the license expires.

3 minutes ago, Charles said:

That is right and we recognize that's a change but we had to make this change. One huge area of abuse on the old way was people not renewing for 3 years, paying $50, and then getting 3 years worth of new software.

Cost of doing business I guess. But most of people like me cannot make switch as third party devs goes awol and their designs unsupported, add-ons broken. So would IPS take some decisions on making moves over this? It doesn't work if thirdy party devs fails to meet the requirements, unless one day we won't have any third party and all inhouse 🤔

8 minutes ago, Charles said:

The monthly option is a payment plan for the yearly. You can of course switch to yearly at any time.

Is this going to be different in case of yearly or same monthly rules apply? i.e. need to pay for missed year as well?

Frankly, as of now my overall cost for renewal for 3 licenses is abt 170-180$ I think,so about $360/yr, but if I make a switch that directly raises that to abt $600/yr. I ain't seeing any profits to me here + I keep an extra license just for my own development and testing activities with real users, so I get actual feedback for my major projects, so that license I may or may not renew for long period of time.

I have a license that I paid full price for a while back. I stopped renewing it because I never used it. I thought I was going to use it for something but it turns out I didn’t end up using the software for anything. I paid renewals for about a year or two but the software just say there not ever one time being used. It didn’t make sense for me to keep renewing it. 

However, I like to think that if I ever figure out a use for this software, then I have already paid for it more than a few times over. It should be there for me to use and start paying renewals again.

I hate to think that I would have to pay full price for it all over again. 😣

Edited by SJ77

4 hours ago, G17 Media said:

The conversion page mentions new terms, could you link to them on that page or here? I can't seem to find them.

By accepting the new license terms you will gain access to the entire Invision Community Classic edition suite under the license agreement and service terms of that package. Your renewal cost will change to $199 per year or $19 per month and your next renewal date will change to March 30th, 2024.

You cannot revert your license to our old terms and pricing. You understand that our Cloud platform and Classic edition are different products and therefore not all features and levels of support available in the Cloud platform are available in the Classic edition. You can switch from Classic to cloud platform at any time by contacting us.

Note: Cost and dates will vary as per your license. You can find more details by clicking on the link in client area, it won't change license terms and will show you confirmation window where all details are mentioned.

• Management
6 hours ago, beats23 said:

I have the Extras, Branding Removal $500. Will this extra be carried over to IPS v5 and the new licencing, or will I need to purchase it again in IPS v5?

Yes, it will.

If anyone has questions about your specific scenario, please reach out to us via email.

We changed the pricing structure to make Invision Community Classic more affordable for most people and give them access to more features. Most clients will see their cost go down. I know some, especially those that might have only one or two apps, will see their cost go up if they choose to go to the new license terms. However, you are getting a whole lot more and it's also waaaaaay simpler for you and us both to just have one cost rather than all the mixing and matching we did before.

59 minutes ago, Charles said:

anyone has questions about your specific scenario, please reach out to us via email.

Have sent via contact us, not aware of email. Hope that's fine. 

59 minutes ago, Charles said:

However, you are getting a whole lot more and it's also waaaaaay simpler for you and us both to just have one cost rather than all the mixing and matching we did before.

Its suitable for those who probably have 1 single license (mostly) but for those who have multiple, for simple testing purposes it not suitable. 

Note: Cannot use -Testinstall as it requires to block public access where as I need to measure impact around google/bing.

16 hours ago, JustinHawk said:

But most of people like me cannot make switch as third party devs goes awol and their designs unsupported, add-ons broken. So would IPS take some decisions on making moves over this? It doesn't work if thirdy party devs fails to meet the requirements, unless one day we won't have any third party and all inhouse 🤔

@Charles will these license terms affect third party devs? I was blocked on version 4.4 once Velion went awol and left me with a broken design. So why would I renew? As upgrade mostly breaks the designs.. That's mainly my experience, cannot say for someone else. 

1 minute ago, nodle said:

I am a tad confused by this post. For someone like me that just wants to use the 'forums' portion and I currently pay $80 a year for self-hosted are you saying the price is going to increase per year now?

Yep - if you agree to the new license terms. Otherwise, it stays the same.