Brilliant Discord Integration

On 5/1/2020 at 9:01 AM, Charef said:

Hi, 

Is there a way to send a notification when you updated a file. I would like to notify my discord members when I upload a new version for files. 

Thanks for your help 🙂 . 

This is not possible yet, but we are looking to change it in future updates. 

10 hours ago, kmk said:

Hello I play the widget but it looks like this, the application itself works correctly.

ipsdiscordbrilliant.thumb.JPG.307cc098328e506451d94461835c0213.JPG

You need to enable widget in your Discord server settings:

image.thumb.png.2b5c6915e89b26f83b7a5df3754e4504.png

The last day or so, members who have gotten a Discord account and then tried the Magic Invite are getting added to the server... but then they aren't able to actually see the server as an option in their browser/app screen, so essentially are not able to access the chat. These are people new to Discord, so they definitely have not hit the 100 server limit. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

Integration request:

Hi @SoftwareFactory, With Discord bots for self assign roles sometimes being unreliable if we could have a feature integrated into the Briliant Discord Intergration Application where if a user joins a club on IPS then they will receve a role within the Discord Server, an example for this in my case would be for games. A user joins the club for "CSGO" and then the Application will assign them the role within the Discord Server called "CSGO" allowing them to access the area of the discord that is reserved for members that play CSGO.

I beleve that this feature would be a great addition to your application and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

- Kingz

Greetings,

I purchased this application and I'm working on setting it up.  First, is there any documentation on how to use this?   I've basically stumbled my way through setting it up.

I think I have it mostly setup correctly, but trying to get the widget working.  I created an invite in Discord, then added an invite using that code in the settings.  And then edited the widget to select that invite.  The first time I clicked on the widget, I was able to click the "Login to Discord and Accept" button, which brought me here:

image.thumb.png.076e14fdb67843ee88977f8f37a6ee69.png

When I clicked "Authorize", it ends up just reloading this same page.  And continues to do so each time I click Authorize.

I then received an email from forum with the following error:

image.thumb.png.895314e823985623bf954407bbd8f5ad.png

I already had a Discord account and it looked like it correctly linked them, as when I tried to use the widget again, it states I'm already a member of the server (which is true).  However, obviously I'd like to fix the issue where it just keeps reloading the same Discord authorization page.

Also, it seems to show the invite code in the bread crumb, which I certainly do not want:

2015869747_ScreenShot2020-05-25at11_52_57PM.png.e7829f55aa2856181036215e71e3feee.png

The invite code is also in the URL for this page.  I'd much prefer that the invite code be hidden, as we only want people to join (for now) from within the forum, and not sharing this code elsewhere.  It doesn't look like Discord exposes this code on the authorization page.  Do I have something configured wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey I am having a member tell me that they are unable to link their Discord account to their website profile, this is the error log.

Unexpected response code at /guilds/426562638156267523/members/575946204714762245 500 MoonCake024 05/26/20 17:00:04

Response content

{"message": "500: Internal Server Error", "code": 0}

Request body

N/A

Request headers

Content-Type: application/json
User-Agent: DiscordBot (BrilliantDiscordIntegration, v1)

Response headers

Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:00:04 GMT
Content-Length: 52
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: __cfruid=7a1eb1393f45453af5634918e16d62e076244c73-1590508804; path=/; domain=.discordapp.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None
x-envoy-upstream-service-time: 5035
Via: 1.1 google
CF-Cache-Status: DYNAMIC
cf-request-id: 02f34f5dbb000006b6568e0200000001
Expect-CT: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
Server: cloudflare
CF-RAY: 5998b4dc5b8206b6-LHR

Stack trace

#0 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->IPS\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '426562638156267...', Object(Closure))
#2 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(114): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordMember(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(385): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordSync(Array)
#4 /var/www/html/forum/system/Login/Login.php(316): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#5 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/extensions/core/ProfileSteps/Core.php(445): IPS\_Login->authenticate(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\LoginHandler))
#6 /var/www/html/forum/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\core\extensions\core\ProfileSteps\_Core::IPS\core\extensions\core\ProfileSteps\{closure}(Array)
#7 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1622): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#8 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->completion()
#9 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Any help as to why this has happended and how I can go about fixing this so that the member can link their Discord account up would be much appriciated.

Thanks.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:23 PM, Linda A said:

The last day or so, members who have gotten a Discord account and then tried the Magic Invite are getting added to the server... but then they aren't able to actually see the server as an option in their browser/app screen, so essentially are not able to access the chat. These are people new to Discord, so they definitely have not hit the 100 server limit. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

This sounds like a Discord bug - if you can see them on member list on your Discord server, but they can’t find the server on their server list (they can also try to search it with Ctrl+K, or ⌘+K on Mac), then it’s definitely something that should be reported to Discord. Let me know if the issue persists.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:25 AM, Kingz said:

Integration request:

Hi @SoftwareFactory, With Discord bots for self assign roles sometimes being unreliable if we could have a feature integrated into the Briliant Discord Intergration Application where if a user joins a club on IPS then they will receve a role within the Discord Server, an example for this in my case would be for games. A user joins the club for "CSGO" and then the Application will assign them the role within the Discord Server called "CSGO" allowing them to access the area of the discord that is reserved for members that play CSGO.

I beleve that this feature would be a great addition to your application and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

- Kingz

We are looking to add club support in 1.1, so we may consider adding such feature. Thanks for your suggestion.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:22 PM, jair101 said:

Kinda new to the entire Discord thing. Can anyone share what would be the use case for multiple magic invites? In my mind you either give access to them to certain member group or you don't. Why do we need multiple ones?

This is a good question. Possibility of adding multiple Magic Invites was added just in case, but it looks like it’s more confusing than useful.

Is anybody here using multiple Magic Invites? If so, for what purposes?

17 hours ago, AtariAge said:

When I clicked "Authorize", it ends up just reloading this same page.  And continues to do so each time I click Authorize.

We’ll take a look on this issue. If anybody else is also experiencing that issue - please contact me in a private message.

I then received an email from forum with the following error:

Just make sure that you have moved the bot’s role to the very top of your role list on Discord. If so - it probably affects only the Discord server owner, but we’ll investigate this issue.

The invite code is also in the URL for this page.  I'd much prefer that the invite code be hidden, as we only want people to join (for now) from within the forum, and not sharing this code elsewhere.  It doesn't look like Discord exposes this code on the authorization page.  Do I have something configured wrong?

Magic Invites don’t depend on standard Discord invites. You can remove all Discord invites and use Magic Invites only (which is recommended). Magic Invite code doesn’t need to be a Discord invite code (in fact, it doesn’t make any sense at all).

6 hours ago, Kingz said:

Hey I am having a member tell me that they are unable to link their Discord account to their website profile, this is the error log.

Unexpected response code at /guilds/426562638156267523/members/575946204714762245 500 MoonCake024 05/26/20 17:00:04

Response content

Request body

N/A

Request headers

Response headers

Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:00:04 GMT
Set-Cookie: __cfruid=7a1eb1393f45453af5634918e16d62e076244c73-1590508804; path=/; domain=.discordapp.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None
x-envoy-upstream-service-time: 5035
cf-request-id: 02f34f5dbb000006b6568e0200000001
Expect-CT: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
CF-RAY: 5998b4dc5b8206b6-LHR

Stack trace

#0 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->IPS\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '426562638156267...', Object(Closure))
#2 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(114): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordMember(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(385): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordSync(Array)
#4 /var/www/html/forum/system/Login/Login.php(316): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#5 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/extensions/core/ProfileSteps/Core.php(445): IPS\_Login->authenticate(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\LoginHandler))
#6 /var/www/html/forum/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\core\extensions\core\ProfileSteps\_Core::IPS\core\extensions\core\ProfileSteps\{closure}(Array)
#7 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1622): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#8 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->completion()
#9 /var/www/html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Any help as to why this has happended and how I can go about fixing this so that the member can link their Discord account up would be much appriciated.

Thanks.

We’ll contact Discord about these repetitive 5xx errors (they shouldn’t occur and it’s probably an issue with Discord, not our app). Sorry for the inconvenience, though.

@SoftwareFactory Hello! I love this application! I'd only like my members to be able to link their accounts after registration using the normal method. I see there is an option to remove it from the admin cp but not the main login screen. Can anyone tell me how to go about this please? Thank you!

Edited by Cryosnipe
On 5/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, Cryosnipe said:

@SoftwareFactory Hello! I love this application! I'd only like my members to be able to link their accounts after registration using the normal method. I see there is an option to remove it from the admin cp but not the main login screen. Can anyone tell me how to go about this please? Thank you!

Registration via Discord is disabled by default. Members can link their Discord account in their Account Settings on your site or when using a Magic Invite for the first time. Disabling logging in with Discord is not yet possible.

Greetings,

Now that I've had this running a few days, I'm periodically seeing some errors. For instance,

Response Content:

Request Headers:

Response Headers:

Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 18:55:16 GMT
Set-Cookie: __cfruid=1fcd736dd92c6d64c4f0ab47d7b9293457589757-1590692116; path=/; domain=.discordapp.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None
x-envoy-upstream-service-time: 5071
cf-request-id: 02fe3c7bd000005e505409e200000001
CF-RAY: 59aa303fbd945e50-TPA

Stack Trace:

#0 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->IPS\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '714611979683233...', Object(Closure))
#2 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(114): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordMember(Array)
#3 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(385): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordSync(Array)
#4 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(149): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#5 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->reauthorize()
#6 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(47): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->execute()
#8 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I've seen two errors of the above nature.  Here's a different one:

Response Content:

{"message": "Missing Permissions", "code": 50013}

Request Body:

{"roles":[714634859586388088],"nick":"Albert","access_token":"hNckDsWN254IqkbMd1HIR18VaJEqs8"}

Request Headers:

Response Headers:

Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 04:45:52 GMT
Content-Length: 49
Set-Cookie: __cfruid=be5e95ca824ff69596071f0b03b1f034604884ca-1590468352; path=/; domain=.discordapp.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None
strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains
x-ratelimit-bucket: e670de274720e74c12bd7b9cfc111470
x-ratelimit-limit: 10
x-ratelimit-remaining: 9
x-ratelimit-reset: 1590468362
x-ratelimit-reset-after: 10
x-envoy-upstream-service-time: 78
CF-RAY: 5994d95f592d5eb0-TPA
cf-request-id: 02f0e62f9900005eb0b90e0200000001

Stack Trace:

#0 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->accept()
#1 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(47): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->execute()
#3 /home/atariage/public_html/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

..Al

We have setup the discord and hit a similar wall regarding the RateLimit

Unexpected response code at /guilds/94684670884585472
#0 /var/www/x/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\_MassSynchronization->IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/x/applications/brilliantdiscord/extensions/core/Queue/MassSynchronization.php(58): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '946846708845854...', Object(Closure))
#2 /var/www/x/system/Task/Task.php(134): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\_MassSynchronization->preQueueData(Array)
#3 /var/www/x/applications/brilliantdiscord/tasks/runMassSync.php(42): IPS\_Task::queue('brilliantdiscor...', 'MassSynchroniza...', Array, 2)
#4 /var/www/x/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\brilliantdiscord\tasks\_runMassSync->execute()
#5 /var/www/x/system/Task/Task.php(224): IPS\_Task->run()
#6 /var/www/x/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(56): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#7 {main}

I've started playing around with the Notifications aspect of Brilliant Discord.  Unfortunately, the selection dropdown for container conditions is too unwieldy.   I need to be able to select just the forums Guests would see, and my screen isn't tall enough to deal with this (screenshot attached)

I have a ton of forums, and I didn't even get through half of them before I ran out of space.  Is there a way this can be improved?  I'd like to start using it, but cannot do so until I can properly select which forums I want exported.

Thanks,

..Al

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.51.35 PM.png

Edited by AtariAge
On 2/19/2020 at 11:34 PM, Morrigan said:

I'm currently having an issue with "post before register" and this app. Basically it's still posting content that hasn't been approved/technically doesn't exist yet as it's not "not even at the point it can be content" it's not even registered. Yes I have the option to "wait until approved" set. But even if I didn't, the post before register posts should NEVER even trigger until the person completes their registration and then it hits the proper queue or post action.

How to reproduce:

1. Enable Post before register.
  2. Create a hook to post new topics (or posts) to discord.
  3. Log out (or use incognito mode) and utilize the post before register feature (do not log in).
  4. The post will still post to discord even though its not even on the site and will be deleted in 7 days if the person doesn't complete post before register.

Thanks.

I'm having this issue also.

Spam topics are being shared to Discord, even though these spam topics never make it onto the site. I believe this is related to the "post before register" feature. I'm aware that I can turn on the approval queue and manually approve everything, but I don't want it this way, I want it to post everything automatically (so long as it isn't spam).

Is there any way around this?

I have a question about the notification scene. normally the ips notification send to channel is for alert all users, but how work in Support notification case? or forum that is set Others users can't'see my post?

If member open a request of support, it sould just alert the member and me as part of staff, and when the staff reply, just should alert staff members and the member of the request. I don't know this aspect is already working fine....

Or in case that is not correct, all discord members receive notification of a request and their reply, but can't access the request topic, but this scene will create confusion, members will alway say they receive notification but can't access them.

I'd still like to know if there's another way I can specify which forums to export to Discord, as the current interface is unwieldy (and in fact I can't even actually use it) when you have a fair number of forums.  See my post above.  I'd really like to enable this feature (and is one of the reasons I purchased this application), but I simply cannot use it right now, as I have various private forums that I need to make sure are not exported to Discord.

Thank you,

..Al