Brilliant Discord Integration

On 8/5/2020 at 3:49 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

None, at least none of those on your screenshots. You don't really need to do anything else in the Discord Developer Portal except creating the bot and copying its token and client secret. However, you can change the bot avatar/name if you want.

1. Logging in is always enabled if the app is configured and enabled. To enable registration, go to ACP > Settings > Login & Registration > Discord and change this setting:
    image.thumb.png.db6bcd00823780e59070e80f9f87e74f.png
    Then click Save.
  2. See the Notifications page in Brilliant Discord Integration settings in ACP. Click "Create New" and fill the form. That's all you need to do.

Besides, the app currently supports notification about new content (new topics, posts, calendar events, support requests, etc.) and not any other events on your site (like the fact that a user created a new club).
  3. While Discord-to-website synchronization is not possible yet, member will be kicked from your Discord server when you ban them on your website. To not let them join your server again, you could use Magic Invites only. Guests and banned users can't use them.
  4. Again, while Discord-to-website option is not possible yet, nickname synchronization from your website to Discord is enabled by default.
  5. Also not possible yet.
  6. A single Magic Invite is configured by default. To easily let your users join your Discord server, you can put the Discord widget in your website sidebar.

Anyway, if you have any other questions or you will need further help, please let me know.

This should work:

[data-controller="core.global.core.login"]:not([action*="/?service="]) .brilliantdiscord_discordButton {
  display: none;
}

Done the trick but it looks awful lol..

P10c0ct.png

Any idea how to remove the darker box and keep it single line?

2 hours ago, Scrinn said:

Will this be updated to support 4.5.0 upon it's full release? 

Sure. Already working on it.

30 minutes ago, LyricalMaster said:

Done the trick but it looks awful lol..

P10c0ct.png

Any idea how to remove the darker box and keep it single line?

Could you send me your website URL in a private message? I’ll try to make something and that works for you.

On 8/5/2020 at 8:49 AM, SoftwareFactory said:

None, at least none of those on your screenshots. You don't really need to do anything else in the Discord Developer Portal except creating the bot and copying its token and client secret. However, you can change the bot avatar/name if you want.

1. Logging in is always enabled if the app is configured and enabled. To enable registration, go to ACP > Settings > Login & Registration > Discord and change this setting:
    image.thumb.png.db6bcd00823780e59070e80f9f87e74f.png
    Then click Save.
  2. See the Notifications page in Brilliant Discord Integration settings in ACP. Click "Create New" and fill the form. That's all you need to do.

Besides, the app currently supports notification about new content (new topics, posts, calendar events, support requests, etc.) and not any other events on your site (like the fact that a user created a new club).
  3. While Discord-to-website synchronization is not possible yet, member will be kicked from your Discord server when you ban them on your website. To not let them join your server again, you could use Magic Invites only. Guests and banned users can't use them.
  4. Again, while Discord-to-website option is not possible yet, nickname synchronization from your website to Discord is enabled by default.
  5. Also not possible yet.
  6. A single Magic Invite is configured by default. To easily let your users join your Discord server, you can put the Discord widget in your website sidebar.

Anyway, if you have any other questions or you will need further help, please let me know.

This should work:

[data-controller="core.global.core.login"]:not([action*="/?service="]) .brilliantdiscord_discordButton {
  display: none;
}

Thank you for your detailed response. I do not want 3,4, and 5 to happen (I would like to disable those) until the discord to website is possible. Basically right now all I want the application to do is post to discord when new content is created on the website and allow my discord members to sign into the website with their discord credentials. 

What I am asking is how do I disable those options? Can I do it through the BDI or do I need to do it through discord (using the screenshots I sent) when I setup the discord application?

Edited by Josiah Wallingford

@SoftwareFactory

Hello I was hoping you can help me with an issue. I've already created a bot and setup the discord bot credentials on the Admin CP (on the Brilliant Discord Configuration page), but every time I try to login into the forums with the discord login feature I get this error.

yhtG5GW.png

As you can see I've already done the configuration with no issues for Brilliant Discord. Also of course I have invited the bot to our discord server as well if that matters.

S5VuCFL.png

On 8/7/2020 at 8:30 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Thank you for your detailed response. I do not want 3,4, and 5 to happen (I would like to disable those) until the discord to website is possible. Basically right now all I want the application to do is post to discord when new content is created on the website and allow my discord members to sign into the website with their discord credentials. 

What I am asking is how do I disable those options? Can I do it through the BDI or do I need to do it through discord (using the screenshots I sent) when I setup the discord application?

You can disable nickname synchronization in Behavior settings in ACP. To disable kicking members when they’re banned, just remove the „kick members” permission from the bot’s role.

11 minutes ago, Nina Blain said:

Has the update to brilliant discord integration for 4.5 been released yet?

We are aware of some visual oddities in ACP. Besides, it works correctly on 4.5. An update which fixes them will be available next week.

Just now, SoftwareFactory

You can disable nickname synchronization in Behavior settings in ACP. To disable kicking members when they’re banned, just remove the „kick members” permission from the bot’s role.

We are aware of some visual oddities in ACP. Besides, it works correctly on 4.5. An update which fixes them will be available next week.

thank you very much. How do I deal with role synchronization? The primary way we handle role changes is through discord. Is there an option in acp to not sync roles or does something need to be done to the bot for that?

Just now, Josiah Wallingford
Just now, SoftwareFactory

thank you very much. How do I deal with role synchronization? The primary way we handle role changes is through discord. Is there an option in acp to not sync roles or does something need to be done to the bot for that?

For now you can revoke bot’s permission to „Manage Roles”:

6CF7CA8B-2F3D-4D10-9DEF-95E58FAB4710.jpg

Hi there,

Just updated Brilliant for IPS 4.4.10. When approving members in the queue, I get this error:

IPS\brilliantdiscord\RateLimit\RateLimitedException:  (0)
#0 /public_html/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(276): IPS\brilliantdiscord_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '226663083483856...', Object(Closure))
#1 /public_html/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(320): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordForceJoin()
#2 /public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/approvalqueue.php(245): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordAction('1', Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage_approvalqueue->doAction()
#4 /public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/approvalqueue.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher_Controller->execute()
#5 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage_approvalqueue->execute()
#6 /public_html/aether/index.php(14): IPS_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /public_html/init.php(898): IPS\_Log::log('IPS\\brilliantdi...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\RateLimit\RateLimitedException))
#2 {main}

Was happening before and after upgrade.

Edited by craigf136
On 8/25/2020 at 12:36 AM, Ashturbation said:

Good Evening,

Just looking to see when the update for the 4.5 will be coming I tried to activate on my forum and it killed my Admin CP access along with half the site. 

We didn’t occur any issues with BDI 1.0.12 on 4.5.1 Beta 3. Could you tell me more about your issues in a private message? Do you have any screenshots of errors?

4 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Hi there,

Just updated Brilliant for 4.4.1. When approving members in the queue, I get this error:

IPS\brilliantdiscord\RateLimit\RateLimitedException:  (0)
#0 /public_html/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(276): IPS\brilliantdiscord_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '226663083483856...', Object(Closure))
#1 /public_html/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(320): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordForceJoin()
#2 /public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/approvalqueue.php(245): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordAction('1', Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage_approvalqueue->doAction()
#4 /public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/approvalqueue.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher_Controller->execute()
#5 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage_approvalqueue->execute()
#6 /public_html/aether/index.php(14): IPS_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /public_html/init.php(898): IPS\_Log::log('IPS\\brilliantdi...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\RateLimit\RateLimitedException))
#2 {main}

Was happening before and after upgrade.

Are you using the latest version of the app (1.0.12)?

Sorted, seems to have been live streams app causing an issue.

Hold fire on that, new error and only one one member awaiting approval.

IPS\Login\Exception: 401: 401: Unauthorized (0) (2)
#0 /public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->IPS\brilliantdiscord\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(180): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('users/@me', NULL, Object(Closure))
#2 /public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(260): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->_userData('QoOPZtSJWVyXyS7...')
#3/public_html/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(261): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->userProfileName(Object(IPS\Member))
#4 /public_html/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(320): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordForceJoin()
#5/public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/approvalqueue.php(245): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordAction('1', Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage\_approvalqueue->doAction()
#7 /public_html/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/approvalqueue.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage\_approvalqueue->execute()
#9 /public_html/aether/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Edited by craigf136
23 hours ago, Jim Kelly said:

Is it possible for notifications to preserve line breaks when putting the post content in discord? When a post from forums post to the Discord, it does it as one line and doesn't keep the format.

It’s not yet possible. Converting content in HTML to Discord’s Markdown is quite challenging - we chose to display the content in the same way it would if you just share a link on Discord.

But there certainly is some room for improvement and we may change this behavior in the future. 

Thanks for your pointing this out.

If you were using the latest 1.0.12 version on 4.5 (we don’t recommend doing this) and experienced any issues with it, please tell me more about it in a private message. We didn’t experience any issues with the app on 4.5, but we hear from you that you did. Any details from you would help us bring support for 4.5 quicker. Thanks and sorry for the whole inconvenience.

Just now, Neutro Short

I would like to have a way to disable that people make a account or login to forum via discord atleast a option to disable it like a toggle and who ever wants to have that enabled on their community is fine but for me it's a headache tbh 

could u add this in your next version ?

As far as I understand you should be able to disable this in your login setting in acp. There should be a brilliant discord option in there, just disable it.

Just now, Neutro Short
1 minute ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

As far as I understand you should be able to disable this in your login setting in acp. There should be a brilliant discord option in there, just disable it.

I've checked and haven't been able to do so

Oh I see, it’s locked... I thought it was disabled on mine. Yeah, I would think that would be an option.

2175B35A-75AA-4188-8E8C-3F5F6FCAA38E.jpg