Brilliant Discord Integration

On 1/28/2020 at 11:33 PM, Xenos 1337 said:

I asked over PM and over this thread, but now i got the reply so 🙂 

• An option to force ALL members to have profile pictures synchronized with Discord / or

• An option to run a task in the Admin CP to sync / turn on all picture synchronization

Then I'm very sorry if your requests were missed.

We are currently working on version 1.1 of Brilliant Discord Integration which will bring many improvements and new features. We will definitely consider adding these features.

19 hours ago, bouckie said:

hello, i am installing the application on the website. will the app create a discord account for existing website members or just for new ones?
We have 35,000 members, it scares us a little

This is not how Discord works. Members need to create Discord account themselves, then they can link their Discord account with account on your website.

If you will experience any problem with configuring or using Brilliant Discord Integration, do not hesitate to ask for help in a private message. I'll be glad to help.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently having an issue with "post before register" and this app. Basically it's still posting content that hasn't been approved/technically doesn't exist yet as it's not "not even at the point it can be content" it's not even registered. Yes I have the option to "wait until approved" set. But even if I didn't, the post before register posts should NEVER even trigger until the person completes their registration and then it hits the proper queue or post action.

How to reproduce:

1. Enable Post before register.
  2. Create a hook to post new topics (or posts) to discord.
  3. Log out (or use incognito mode) and utilize the post before register feature (do not log in).
  4. The post will still post to discord even though its not even on the site and will be deleted in 7 days if the person doesn't complete post before register.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@SoftwareFactory  I keep getting a rate-limit error from discord which is blocking API access, aka the app is not able to function.  I was sent to this page via the error, but I can't comprehend the information.

https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/topics/rate-limits

Here is the error log:

Response Content

{"code": 0, "message": "You are being blocked from accessing our API temporarily due to exceeding our rate limits frequently. Please read our docs at https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/topics/rate-limits to prevent this moving forward."}

Request Headers

Content-Type: application/json
User-Agent: DiscordBot (BrilliantDiscordIntegration, v1)

Backtrace

#0 /home/***/public_html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\general\_configuration->IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\general\{closure}(Array)
#1 /home/***/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(847) : eval()'d code(280): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#2 /home/***/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->blankTemplate(Object(IPS\Helpers\Wizard))
#3 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(167): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('blankTemplate', Array)
#4 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(112): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#5 /home/***/public_html/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#6 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\spaciouswidgets_hook_spaciousCSS->finish()
#7 /home/***/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Some of the fairly constant stream of rate limit errors we get:

IPS\brilliantdiscord\RateLimit\RateLimitedException:  (0)
#0 /htdocs/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/Util/Guild.php(35): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::IPS\brilliantdiscord\{closure}()
#1 /htdocs/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord\Util\_Guild::IPS\brilliantdiscord\Util\{closure}()
#2 /htdocs/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/Util/Guild.php(106): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle()
#3 /htdocs/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(69): IPS\brilliantdiscord\Util\_Guild::guildData()
#4 /htdocs/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->manage()
#5 /htdocs/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(47): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /htdocs/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->execute()
#7 /htdocs/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}
Not sure why it seems to be doing a guilddata() call every time anyone loads the invite page... isn't basic data about the discord server cached?

And this:
#0 /htdocs/forum/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(586): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->_authenticatedRequest()
#1 /htdocs/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(355): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_link()
#2 /htdocs/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(18): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->link()
#3 /htdocs/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(847) : eval()'d code(6254): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordLink()
#4 /htdocs/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate()
#5 /htdocs/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(172): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#6 /htdocs/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(112): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#7 /htdocs/forum/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(597): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#8 /htdocs/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
This is a pretty big problem - if rate limiting stops people even logging in to our forum, that is BAD. Especially if they registered via discord, and as such, have no other way to log into our forum!

Even the account settings page that lets you view your settings generates this:
QRhdJi3nQq6nJN4T2VFvjg.png

Note the above error message ("brilliantdiscord_login_rate_limit") is unphrased - there's probably meant to be a human-readable phrase/string there, but there isn't.

4th problem: all of these are typed as "uncaught_exception" in the system error log in IPB.
Does that mean the errors are not being properly caught and handled in the addon? That would explain some of the weird errors we get.

Edited by Kitty Davis

We have contacted you in private messages about your issues. We are working hard to resolve these issues. Some of they may be global, some may apply to individual communities.

If you're experiencing rate limit errors or you see a lot of 500/502 errors in Brilliant Discord Integration's logs, please contact us in a private message. We will work individually with you to resolve your problems.

An upcoming update may be a solution at least for some of your issues, but we're still investigating causes and looking for solutions for the rest of them.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us in private message if you require any assistance.

There appears to be something wrong on my setup. Despite not changing anything, the Discord cron for synchronising members seems to be locking up.

To make matters worse it doesn't seem to just stop on the lock up and just continues to stall all cron activities on the site. I had to disable the application to get the cron to do the other things that was queued up. As soon as it had done them I re-enabled the application and low and behold it's locked up again. There are no errors as far as I can see in the system log either.

I'm not quite certain that the app is to blame in this though - other than not disengaging when it fails. In the Brilliant Discord error logs I am seeing some "Error 502"s which would suggest that perhaps the Discord server that handles this is playing up or something. Here is a snippit of one of the errors (#REPLACED# are things I've edited for data protection reasons).

Response content:

<html><head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8">
<title>502 Server Error</title>
</head>
<body text=#000000 bgcolor=#ffffff>
<h1>Error: Server Error</h1>
<h2>The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.<p>Please try again in 30 seconds.</h2>
<h2></h2>
</body></html>

Request body:

{"roles":[#IDNUMBER#],"nick":"#MEMBERNAME#"}

Request headers:

Content-Type: application/json
User-Agent: DiscordBot (BrilliantDiscordIntegration, v1)

Response headers:

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 00:12:06 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 332
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: __cfruid=#COOKIEID#; path=/; domain=.discordapp.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None
Referrer-Policy: no-referrer
Alt-Svc: clear
CF-Cache-Status: DYNAMIC
Expect-CT: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
Server: cloudflare
CF-RAY: #CFRAYID#

Stack Trace:

#0 /home/#SITE#/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\_MassSynchronization->run(Array, 7)
#1 /home/#SITE#/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#2 /home/#SITE#/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#3 /home/#SITE#/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))
#4 /home/#SITE#/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->execute()
#5 /home/#SITE#/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(224): IPS\_Task->run()
#6 /home/#SITE#/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(322): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#7 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct()
#8 {main}

I'm not sure if this is the cause, but I figured it might because "MassSyncronization" which is the task that's locking up.

Edited by Tripp★

Hello,

It turned out that Discord changed names of headers with information about rate limits (for example, X-RateLimit-Reset to x-ratelimit-reset), so Brilliant Discord Integration thought there are no limits... and was making thousands of redundant requests to Discord.

You should update to 1.0.11 as soon as possible (and if you can't do it, just disable Brilliant Discord Integration for now), because Discord may block all requests from your site. If it takes longer than 24 hours for the issue to be resolved after update, please let us know.

Please accept our honest apologies for the whole inconvenience.

Edited by SoftwareFactory
2 minutes ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Hello,

It turned out that Discord changed names of headers with information about rate limits (for example, X-RateLimit-Reset to x-ratelimit-reset), so Brilliant Discord Integration thought there are no limits... and was making thousands of redundant requests to Discord.

You should update to 1.0.10 soon as possible (and if you can't do it, just disable Brilliant Discord Integration for now), because Discord may block all requests from your site. If it takes longer than 24 hours for the issue to be resolved after update, please let us know.

Please accept our honest apologies for the whole inconvenience.

Is that for my problem or the previous poster? Because I am using 1.0.10.

Kind regards.

IPS\brilliantdiscord\RateLimit\RateLimitedException::0

#0 /var/www/html/community/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '632299403591548...', Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/html/community/system/Theme/Theme.php(847) : eval()'d code(150): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordMember()
#2 /var/www/html/community/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_brilliantdiscord_front_invites->accept(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\Invite), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\LoginHandler), Array, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), false, false)
#3 /var/www/html/community/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(73): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('accept', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->manage()
#5 /var/www/html/community/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(47): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Edited by UrDrive
7 hours ago, fix3r said:

If you have this app make sure you update! the MassSync cron task would not run and backed my entire site up! The Developer should make a statement on this

130917756_ScreenShot2020-03-14at11_39_41AM.thumb.png.9d1c5a81ae7f52ca5679ece2b9cbf5d1.png

This has been mentioned here by us, but we’re going to send messages to everyone who hasn’t downloaded the new version yet.

On 3/12/2020 at 2:50 AM, UrDrive said:

IPS\brilliantdiscord\RateLimit\RateLimitedException::0

#0 /var/www/html/community/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '632299403591548...', Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/html/community/system/Theme/Theme.php(847) : eval()'d code(150): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordMember()
#2 /var/www/html/community/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_brilliantdiscord_front_invites->accept(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\Invite), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\LoginHandler), Array, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), false, false)
#3 /var/www/html/community/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(73): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('accept', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->manage()
#5 /var/www/html/community/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(47): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

I’ve sent you a PM.

Just wanted to reveal that rate limits are going to be almost non-existent after the next update, which will significantly reduce number of requests to Discord with a reinvented synchronization process.

Edited by SoftwareFactory
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, first of all send greetings to all, especially to the developer of discord integration, let's go to the message:

Integration request:

Currently there is a developer's Discord web application for the forum> Notifications> a wide range of notifications that the forum sends to text channels. but one of them missing is the one that I send when a new group is created in the forum.

I have currently changed the name groups to the name of servers which daily many people publish their server discord on my website I wish that on a specific channel when someone does that it actually creates a group in the forum the website will Post to a channel on the server as I am currently doing with support requests.

- It really is amazing I would like to have that function soon

Kind regards to all

1154008226_Capturadepantalla2020-04-04alas19_52_55.thumb.png.187b56671a44feba0a53ae64d7a7dfe6.png

Integration request:

Hi,

I have recently learned that you can enable RSVP for calendar events which gives members the ability to say the following: "Going" "Maybe" Decline" (otherwise known as "not going").

Is there functionality to be able to push the notification to a Discord room when someone reacts to an event like that? if so could you tell me how I would set that up as currently, I can only see the ability to Push notifications for "Events" themself, "Event Comments" and "Event Reviews".

This is what the RSVP looks like in the calendar for reverence:

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.4369c537ebae1607d33d25976d8ff2f4.png

Edited by lostking329

Integration request:

Hello!

I have noticed that currently when announcements are made on IPS to your site that you can display them in many places and they are very helpful for quickly pushing an announcement across your website, however, I think it would be very nice to see the functionality to be able to set up notifications to push announcements that are made on the website to your discord server into an announcements channel like how notifications for posts are pushed currently.

Screenshot of the announcements system in IPS for reference.

http://prntscr.com/rx9442

http://prntscr.com/rx94e9

Edited by lostking329

Integration request:

Hi,

I have been wondering if it would be possible to add the ability for users to be able to signup with their discord account on the registration page and/ or login via a button on the main registration form so that their Discord account would be linked straight away rather than them signing up and then having to go to their account settings to then login with their Discord account after the initial registration.

An example of this would be how TeamSpeak Intergration handles this on the registration page - http://prntscr.com/rxgchx

All your suggestions above have been registered. Thanks 🙂

5 minutes ago, lostking329 said:

Integration request:

Hi,

I have been wondering if it would be possible to add the ability for users to be able to signup with their discord account on the registration page and/ or login via a button on the main registration form so that their Discord account would be linked straight away rather than them signing up and then having to go to their account settings to then login with their Discord account after the initial registration.

An example of this would be how TeamSpeak Intergration handles this on the registration page - http://prntscr.com/rxgchx

Yes, it is possible. Just go to ACP > System > Settings > Login & Registration > edit Discord method > check Create an account and click Save.

FFF97FCB-516E-48A4-A109-A76B95DD9910.thumb.jpeg.bbee6bf30c348aedb19f61e02d035e8e.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm considering getting this for my forum, but I know very little about Discord at present. We have a server set up but only my account is a member presently. Do I need to prepare roles in advance or does the integration automate some of that process? Is there a basic walk through available anywhere that explains the basic set up process of the integration?

On 4/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, EmaxDev said:

Hi @SoftwareFactory

Thank you again for making this wonderful extension!

I have a question, It's possible to give a group on the forum to the one who boost the discord server with nitro?

Thanks for these kind words!

Unfortunately, it isn't possible. Brilliant Discord Integration only synchronizes data from your website to the Discord server and not the other way around.

On 4/26/2020 at 12:34 PM, Linda A said:

Hello,

I'm considering getting this for my forum, but I know very little about Discord at present. We have a server set up but only my account is a member presently. Do I need to prepare roles in advance or does the integration automate some of that process? Is there a basic walk through available anywhere that explains the basic set up process of the integration?

You will need to create roles on your Discord server yourself (https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/214836687-Role-Management-101). Then, you can assign them to specific groups on your site (in the Discord Settings tab when editing a group).

There is no guide, but if you will have any questions/issues, you can always get in touch either here or in a private message. We'll be happy to help 🙂

7 minutes ago, Linda A said:

Have taken the opportunity to try this out, and so far so good. The only issue we seem to have at the moment is that the Discord widget just shows a broken image icon regardless of which banner option we use. Are we doing something incorrectly?

You just need to enable Discord widget in your server settings:image.thumb.png.2b5c6915e89b26f83b7a5df3754e4504.png