Jump to content

Community

SoftwareFactory

Brilliant Discord Integration

Recommended Posts

On 9/15/2019 at 4:05 AM, Lesley Paone said:

I have the app installed, but when I get returned from giving discord permissions all I get is an empty page. Is it supposed to launch discord? 

 

This is all I see. 

image.thumb.png.18ed47394a18820eba987f605d2120c5.png

The app doesn't launch Discord. It just adds members to the configured Discord server.

23 hours ago, Fleiding said:

I'm quite new to setting up apps for Discord, so I'm struggling to let my Bot posts messages in my selected channel. Maybe I've setup my Bot incorrectly, because it shows as offline.  I've configured my server and notifications correctly.

Is there a manual on how to properly add a Bot?

Brilliant Discord Integration doesn't make the bot online. It just uses its identity to manage your Discord server.

If you are unable to set up notifications properly, please contact us in a private message and include a more detailed description of your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to make it launch a discord chat window? It does not provide value to me without that. Our users do not generally use discord, so we would want to open a window for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lesley Paone said:

Is there a way to make it launch a discord chat window? It does not provide value to me without that. Our users do not generally use discord, so we would want to open a window for them. 

Brilliant Discord Integration doesn't have such feature at the moment, but we may consider it while working on future updates. Application's description doesn't mention such feature, though we understand your dissatisfaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lesley Paone said:

I assumed it was implied that it would open a window, without that its useless as a chat integration. How are people supposed to know to open up a chat window? 

Brilliant Discord Integration was designed to help communities that already use Discord and want to automatically manage members' roles, send notifications about new content from their sites or just easily prevent accessing their Discord servers by unauthorized people. People in communities like that know they need to open Discord (or, more often, they already have it opened as they are used to it).

We are sorry if you think it's an useless app, but we are unfortunately unable to satisfy every need of our customers. However, as mentioned in the previous post, it doesn't mean that such feature will never be added to the application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 6:36 PM, Lesley Paone said:

What would it take to add that functionality? I cannot see the module being useful for our needs without it. 

It's not yet a planned feature and we unfortunately can't promise it will ever be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 2:33 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Brilliant Discord Integration doesn't make the bot online. It just uses its identity to manage your Discord server.

If you are unable to set up notifications properly, please contact us in a private message and include a more detailed description of your issue.

I got this working now.

For some reason my Magic Invite URL is somehow displaying error 4SBR000/2 now after working properly before. I added a new one, but is displays the same message. Is there a wat to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fleiding said:

I got this working now.

For some reason my Magic Invite URL is somehow displaying error 4SBR000/2 now after working properly before. I added a new one, but is displays the same message. Is there a wat to fix this?

Try giving the bot permissions to read messages on every channel. Please let me know if it helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Try giving the bot permissions to read messages on every channel. Please let me know if it helps.

I gave my bot permissions to read messages and create invites on every channel and that did the trick. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Try giving the bot permissions to read messages on every channel. Please let me know if it helps.

This fixed my problem as well.

Edited by Tripp★

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you. It's definitely not a desired behavior - it should work if the bot can read messages and create instant invites to at least one channel. We are going to fix this issue soon.

Edited by SoftwareFactory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 9:24 AM, Jennifer M said:

Try using this. It won't use the integration but will allow users to join the chat:

https://deploys.io/docs/disweb/

That link looks pretty dead.

If you want to display your Discord server on your website like a shoutbox or on an own site, you can embed it with widgetbot too https://docs.widgetbot.io/embed/

Looks pretty much like this https://disweb.dashflo.net/channels/299881420891881473/355719584830980096/

But to chat the users still have to go to the Discord website or open their app. I liked Jaxel's integration on XF, it had a feature who can use the chat as the bot.

 

Anyway, bought this one just today and really like it. The Magic Invite is cool and the setup and configuration is MUCH easier than on XF :)

Only a few more widgets would be nice, for example a list of channels or who is online. Until then I guess I'll just use the official Discord widget or try to make my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to get the role's to sync correctly at the min is there any advice or guides I can follow.

 

I have it all working correctly now it took me a hot minute to notice the bot couldn't mess with my main account as its the forum owner makes sense really.

Edited by Ashturbation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 5:53 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Thank you. It's definitely not a desired behavior - it should work if the bot can read messages and create instant invites to at least one channel. We are going to fix this issue soon.

Since the update it's broken again, and the permissions haven't changed. The bot can read all the channels it needs to - such as the default landing channel and it can create invites for it. However I still get: "Error code: 4SBR000/2" when trying to use the Magic Invite system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, Tripp★ said:

Since the update it's broken again, and the permissions haven't changed. The bot can read all the channels it needs to - such as the default landing channel and it can create invites for it. However I still get: "Error code: 4SBR000/2" when trying to use the Magic Invite system.

Could you create a temporary admin account for me and send me your site address, username, email and password in private message? We would like to check a few things in your configuration. Please accept our honest apologies for inconvenience.

Edited by SoftwareFactory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 8:11 PM, Xenos 1337 said:

@SoftwareFactory

Can you please add a command or function to sync all profile pictures on the forum for the users? Right now only users can do that or admins manually 1 by 1.

If you need to do it manually (this is a periodic process), you can open your ACP, search "tasks" and open Tasks page. Then search "profilesync" in the table and click "Run Now" button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 10:22 AM, SoftwareFactory said:

If you need to do it manually (this is a periodic process), you can open your ACP, search "tasks" and open Tasks page. Then search "profilesync" in the table and click "Run Now" button.

Doesnt seem to sync any profile images of discord. 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 4:34 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Could you create a temporary admin account for me and send me your site address, username, email and password in private message? We would like to check a few things in your configuration. Please accept our honest apologies for inconvenience.

I clicked "Reconfigure" and went through it all (Without changing anything) and sure enough, it now works again. 😕 So I'm not sure what's going on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...