Brilliant Discord Integration

Hi,

your app has a huge flaw affecting everybody who's using crons.

RuntimeException(LOCATION_UNKNOWN)

#0 /var/www/html/m284926/system/Member/Member.php(154): IPS\_Session::i()
#1 /var/www/html/m284926/system/Member/Group.php(115): IPS\_Member::loggedIn()
#2 /var/www/html/m284926/system/Member/Group.php(138): IPS\Member\_Group::getStore()
#3 /var/www/html/m284926/applications/brilliantdiscord/extensions/core/Queue/MassSynchronization.php(39): IPS\Member\_Group::groups(true, false)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 11:28 AM, SoftwareFactory said:

Also, Late Notification will never be sent if moderator (or another person that has permission to do so) has checked to automatically hide content after posting (look at the picture below).

image.png.44a2bff49428a2188d89bc46ba23fcea.png

Is there any way to support Hide topic after posting for late notifications and having the notification get sent when the content is unhidden? I've been unable to find a way to make all of my content require approval, trying to set up an announcement notification, and I work heavily on posts prior to unhiding them.

Edited by NovaRO

This might be a long shot, but I had a question/suggestion for this.

Is it at all possible for a member (who has their Discord account synced with their website account) to receive alerts of new website notifications in a single Discord private DM thread?  Discord is used by a solid majority of my members, and since there is no native app for Invision communities yet, this could be an awesome alternative for mobile notifications for the time being. 

4 hours ago, ahc said:

Is it at all possible for a member (who has their Discord account synced with their website account) to receive alerts of new website notifications in a single Discord private DM thread?  Discord is used by a solid majority of my members, and since there is no native app for Invision communities yet, this could be an awesome alternative for mobile notifications for the time being. 

I would love this feature or something like it. 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:56 PM, NovaRO said:

Is there any way to support Hide topic after posting for late notifications and having the notification get sent when the content is unhidden? I've been unable to find a way to make all of my content require approval, trying to set up an announcement notification, and I work heavily on posts prior to unhiding them.

Not yet, but we will look for possible solutions of this problem soon.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:23 AM, ahc said:

Brilliant Discord Integration is more popular than we expected it to be. Initially, we aimed to provide a simple way to synchronize that would fit everybody's basic needs. Brilliant DI is now responsible for synchronizing hundreds of thousands of people.

Since there is more and more demand for new Brilliant features and we want to provide even greater experience, we are considering development of the next generation of Brilliant Discord Integration. The first generation is not ready for some cool features. Currently, we are working hard on another Brilliant application which may arrive soon to the Marketplace, so it won't arrive soon (if ever), but we have a basic concept for it.

It could deliver even more exciting experience (which is unusual in Marketplace). The basic configuration wizard would no longer force clients to create Discord bots themselves, and members could interact with the community using the Brilliant Bot. And the performance would significantly increase. We have a concept for a technology that would allow you to use Brilliant DI seamlessly - you could even forget Rate Limits and most of the unusual errors which sometimes happen due to bad server configuration.

But that's not all. Did you even thought how useful it would be to change member's roles on Discord and have them changed on your Invision Community website? This would save a lot of time.

And the thing many of you wait for - multiple server support. We have many clients that have 2 or more Discord servers for a single community - for example, a separate server for staff. This is very convenient - so convenient (or more) could Brilliant Discord Integration be.

These are a few basic ideas, but it would be great to hear your feedback about them.

Answering your question... 😄 We will consider it. Thank you for your suggestion.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:55 AM, OliverKapunkt said:

If you want to display your Discord server on your website like a shoutbox or on an own site, you can embed it with widgetbot too https://docs.widgetbot.io/embed/

Looks pretty much like this https://disweb.dashflo.net/channels/299881420891881473/355719584830980096/

But to chat the users still have to go to the Discord website or open their app. I liked Jaxel's integration on XF, it had a feature who can use the chat as the bot.

A little update, this one really rocks, much better than widgetbot.

With this you are able to chat with your own discord account right from your website... and not as a bot like above.

https://titanembeds.com/

Plus several embed themes to change the look a little closer to your forum and other nice features :)

On 4/30/2019 at 1:47 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

How the role synchronization works?

Does this mean Brilliant Discord will never revoke roles from Discord members without linked accounts?

So, for example, suppose:

• Discord role "VIP" is given to people with forum role "VIP"
  • There is a member who has the "VIP" role in Discord, but NOT the "VIP" role on the forum (maybe they had a linked account before, but no longer)
  • As a result, they're keeping the "VIP" role despite not actually qualifying for it anymore

It would be nice if Brilliant Discord periodically looked at ALL Discord server members, including those without linked accounts, and removed roles that are supposed to be reserved for people with forum-linked accounts and the equivalent role on the forum.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:09 AM, OliverKapunkt said:

With this you are able to chat with your own discord account right from your website... and not as a bot like above.

I’m not sure if it’s allowed by Discord’s EULA.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:21 PM, Kitty Davis said:

Does this mean Brilliant Discord will never revoke roles from Discord members without linked accounts?

So, for example, suppose:

• Discord role "VIP" is given to people with forum role "VIP"
  • There is a member who has the "VIP" role in Discord, but NOT the "VIP" role on the forum (maybe they had a linked account before, but no longer)
  • As a result, they're keeping the "VIP" role despite not actually qualifying for it anymore

It would be nice if Brilliant Discord periodically looked at ALL Discord server members, including those without linked accounts, and removed roles that are supposed to be reserved for people with forum-linked accounts and the equivalent role on the forum.

Brilliant Discord Integration kicks members when they unlink their Discord accounts. It prevents such problems.

Please be informed that due to the Christmas Holiday, our Support Service has a break till 2 January 2020. All your private messages and posts in this topic will be answered after the break.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

21 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Brilliant Discord Integration kicks members when they unlink their Discord accounts. It prevents such problems.

I'm not sure that covers all cases, such as:

• They remove the authentication on Discord's side, in the connected app list, before they unlink (can this addon even kick them in that case?)
  • They remove the authentication on Discord's side, but never formally unlink (so presumably they cannot be synced)
  • Their forum account is deleted (e.g: they signed up via discord but never confirmed their email on forum, and thus their forum account is deleted after awhile).

We publish about 5 articles per week, with most of the articles being posted on a Sunday, for example, with publishing dates set for later in the week.  I've disabled Discord notifications for Articles, because the notification shows up on Discord when the article is submitted, rather than when it's 'Published'.  Members see that articles have been posted, but then are unable to view them if they follow the link, which creates confusion.  As a result, I've turned off the automatic notification for this section of the site, and am manually posting updates to Discord when each article goes live.

Is there any possibility of getting an option for articles and threads to trigger a Discord notification when they are published, rather than when they're submitted?  It's certainly not the worst thing ever as is, but this option we be fantastic.

Edited by a Chunk

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Member::discordSync() (0)
#0 /var/www/html/g292926/system/Login/Login.php(316): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#1 /var/www/html/g292926/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1400): IPS\_Login->authenticate(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\LoginHandler))
#2 /var/www/html/g292926/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_login()
#3 /var/www/html/g292926/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#4 /var/www/html/g292926/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/g292926/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/g292926/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Getting this error when attempting to link account. Don't know if this is already on here, but need assistance.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, Kitty Davis said:

I'm not sure that covers all cases, such as:

• They remove the authentication on Discord's side, in the connected app list, before they unlink (can this addon even kick them in that case?)

When a member removes authentication on Discord side, the application still has got a limited control over him. The only things it can’t do when he does it are profile photo synchronization, email address synchronization and the Force Join button disappears from ACP.

They remove the authentication on Discord's side, but never formally unlink (so presumably they cannot be synced)

The same applies here. Moreover, for some reason Invision Community doesn’t show unlink button after they do it. They need to reauthenticate first...

Their forum account is deleted (e.g: they signed up via discord but never confirmed their email on forum, and thus their forum account is deleted after awhile).

When their forum account is deleted, they are kicked too.

On 12/28/2019 at 5:46 AM, a Chunk said:

We publish about 5 articles per week, with most of the articles being posted on a Sunday, for example, with publishing dates set for later in the week.  I've disabled Discord notifications for Articles, because the notification shows up on Discord when the article is submitted, rather than when it's 'Published'.  Members see that articles have been posted, but then are unable to view them if they follow the link, which creates confusion.  As a result, I've turned off the automatic notification for this section of the site, and am manually posting updates to Discord when each article goes live.

Is there any possibility of getting an option for articles and threads to trigger a Discord notification when they are published, rather than when they're submitted?  It's certainly not the worst thing ever as is, but this option we be fantastic.

Edit the notification in ACP and switch Notification type to Late Notification.

Instant Notification is left as default notification type to not confuse clients that were using the app before this option was added.

Let us know if it doesn’t resolve your problem. 

On 1/1/2020 at 11:48 AM, BryceHouston95 said:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Member::discordSync() (0)
#0 /var/www/html/g292926/system/Login/Login.php(316): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#1 /var/www/html/g292926/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(1400): IPS\_Login->authenticate(Object(IPS\brilliantdiscord\LoginHandler))
#2 /var/www/html/g292926/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_login()
#3 /var/www/html/g292926/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#4 /var/www/html/g292926/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/g292926/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/g292926/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Getting this error when attempting to link account. Don't know if this is already on here, but need assistance.

Try to disable and enable the application again.  It looks like something went wrong during installation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

20 hours ago, Legion of Honor said:

@SoftwareFactory.I seem to be having a silly issue.  I put the block up on my site, I am logged into my site, i cannot click the discord chat link...its like it not linked to allow me to use the chat.  Did i miss something that I should have checked in a box?  Clicking the chat now does not do anything.

image.png.26d4209507bc76abb7138183ac6a6e5d.png

By default, the widget is not clickable. Open the Block Manager (image.png.1cc1cb2c931a28a2045dbd3cc6f7a9f5.png) and edit the Discord Widget. You'll see a field where you can select invite that the widget will link to.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:48 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

When a member removes authentication on Discord side, the application still has got a limited control over him. The only things it can’t do when he does it are profile photo synchronization, email address synchronization and the Force Join button disappears from ACP.

The same applies here. Moreover, for some reason Invision Community doesn’t show unlink button after they do it. They need to reauthenticate first...

When their forum account is deleted, they are kicked too.

Edit the notification in ACP and switch Notification type to Late Notification.

Instant Notification is left as default notification type to not confuse clients that were using the app before this option was added.

Let us know if it doesn’t resolve your problem. 

Try to disable and enable the application again.  It looks like something went wrong during installation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I had to reinstall it and it worked! Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 3:55 PM, Anthony Luth said:

New to this, but keep getting the same error while trying to connect...

Your question was answered in private message, but I'll post the solution also here.

Please make sure if you have added the Redirect URI to your Discord application.

image.png.68f661e15cb53ce1e4e1f067e6b445ef.png

image.thumb.png.773c6c54d9e2258e2eff600677c22f48.png

You can retrieve your URL by clicking Reconfigure in the Configuration tab in ACP.

On 1/24/2020 at 6:24 PM, Xenos 1337 said:

Asked 3 times for a feature to sync all profile pictures at once, no message until now from the coder. At least tell yes or no 😄

At first, I'm very sorry for any misunderstandings.

Please clarify what do you mean by "syncing all profile pictures at once":

• An option to force ALL members to have profile pictures synchronized with Discord
  • An option to synchronize profile photos of all members that opted in for profile photo synchronization on demand in ACP (please note that this is done periodically via profilesync task)
  • If you mean something different, please explain it with more details

It seems that I have not received any private message from you about this feature, and your only request for such feature posted in this topic has been answered. Please let me know if I missed something.

1 hour ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Your question was answered in private message, but I'll post the solution also here.

At first, I'm very sorry for any misunderstandings.

Please clarify what do you mean by "syncing all profile pictures at once":

• An option to force ALL members to have profile pictures synchronized with Discord
  • An option to synchronize profile photos of all members that opted in for profile photo synchronization on demand in ACP (please note that this is done periodically via profilesync task)
  • If you mean something different, please explain it with more details

It seems that I have not received any private message from you about this feature, and your only request for such feature posted in this topic has been answered. Please let me know if I missed something.

I asked over PM and over this thread, but now i got the reply so 🙂 

• An option to force ALL members to have profile pictures synchronized with Discord / or

• An option to run a task in the Admin CP to sync / turn on all picture synchronization