Brilliant Discord Integration

19 hours ago, TheRealSnowBoi said:

Hey, when users quote posts in their reply, it mis-represents who's saying what in Discord, which could be troublesome. Any chance for the ability to include the whole quote?

image.thumb.png.99339e7a81d87176265ab25a25fc2577.png

Additionally, if you add a notification for Post (IPS\forums\Topic\Post), it also triggers when Post (IPS\forums\Topic) triggers. I assume this is something to do with IPBoard itself, but it means you can't have descriptive post titles like "New Topic" for example, because the "New Reply" notification would trigger at the same time.

Eg

image.png.294a52159522c39b69127f91251c3833.png

Improved content formatting in embeds is planned for future updates. We will consider better quote formatting too.

Bug with double notifications about new topics will be repaired in the next update.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyUSA2k3 said:

@SoftwareFactory hope we can solve this soon, i'm forced to disable the app for the moment, it really caused too many troubles on my forums.

Our team is currently investigating these issues. For now we recommend you reinstalling the app. Sorry for possible inconvenience.

8 minutes ago, Fierce God said:

@SoftwareFactory 

am i missing something in the notifications settings?

i currently don't see the ability to add when a new club is posted?

Unfortunately, sending notifications from clubs is not yet possible. However, we will surely consider such feature while working on future updates 🙂

Edited by SoftwareFactory

Hello, a question, if some friend join to my site discord server, but not already be my ips site member, in this case I can add he directly to my site member list and he don't need to do the register process? 

Howdy, I have two feature ideas if time allows.

• Club/role sync support, similar to Groups. Most likely ACP only, but the ability to Create Roles with Clubs would be cool.
  • Two server support. I figure this is a long shot, but I've got a community and an event server. Would be nice if I could set different ranks for each based on groups.
2 minutes ago, Mastric said:

Two server support. I figure this is a long shot, but I've got a community and an event server. Would be nice if I could set different ranks for each based on groups.

+++++1

14 hours ago, Fighting 13th said:

If you use this as a login handler, will you have to login to your website via Discord for each new session (each time you open your browser)? Or does this have the ability to remember your Discord login?

Unfortunately it seems that there is no "Remember me" feature for external login handlers in Invision Community.

13 hours ago, kmk said:

Hello, a question, if some friend join to my site discord server, but not already be my ips site member, in this case I can add he directly to my site member list and he don't need to do the register process? 

He will still need to link his Discord account in such case.

8 hours ago, Mastric said:

Howdy, I have two feature ideas if time allows.

• Club/role sync support, similar to Groups. Most likely ACP only, but the ability to Create Roles with Clubs would be cool.
  • Two server support. I figure this is a long shot, but I've got a community and an event server. Would be nice if I could set different ranks for each based on groups.

Partial clubs support may be added in future updates. However, multiple server support would require complete code rewrite of the app. This generation of Brilliant Discord Integration is just not prepared for such feature.

4 minutes ago, mastafui said:

Is there a way to add the bot to a server with no permissions, I just want it for notifications.

Can I edit something to allow me to configure it to a server without the required server permissions

Unfortunately it's not possible to add the bot to a Discord server without giving required permissions. Moreover, removing these permissions later will result in many errors being logged.

Hello, today in my discord general channel appears many time bot messages, are from different forums of my site, but click it show me without right permission to see it. Check my forums there don't appear any posts like the bot say... Spyware??? 

IMG_20190531_193716.jpg

12 hours ago, kmk said:

Hello, today in my discord general channel appears many time bot messages, are from different forums of my site, but click it show me without right permission to see it. Check my forums there don't appear any posts like the bot say... Spyware??? 

IMG_20190531_193716.jpg

These posts are probably created using Post Before Register feature.

If you don't want the bot to send messages about such posts before they're visible for normal users, you'll need to edit this notification and set its type to Late Notification.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi, notification from specific clubs and others specific apps is already requested

Notifications from Clubs are a planned feature for future updates. However, Brilliant Discord Integration should be able to post notifications about content from many third-party applications, such as Videobox or Musicbox.

7 hours ago, kmk said:

I am try to implementing chatbox+ for my website, the chatroom message can be included in the notification for specific channel??? 

That depends on how messages are implemented in this application. They'd need to be implemented as routed \IPS\Content\Item. You can ask author (@onlyME) about that.

@SoftwareFactory 

Can you check uncaught exception errors for CiC users 

the app is making system log errors like crazy now, and i had to disable it due to it not letting me open certain things in acp

can't open > 

actual member settings

group settings

some app settings

in the system logs there are just too many to display here

But is saying it is being triggered by guests?

here is the latest on in system logs..............i am showing this as i don't know how to read code or code errors

#0 /var/www/html/u285491/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\_MassSynchronization->IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/html/u285491/applications/brilliantdiscord/extensions/core/Queue/MassSynchronization.php(58): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '471734373868371...', Object(Closure))
#2 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Task/Task.php(134): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\_MassSynchronization->preQueueData(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/u285491/applications/brilliantdiscord/tasks/runMassSync.php(42): IPS\_Task::queue('brilliantdiscor...', 'MassSynchroniza...', Array, 2)
#4 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\brilliantdiscord\tasks\_runMassSync->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Task/Task.php(224): IPS\_Task->run()
#6 /var/www/html/u285491/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(62): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#7 {main}

Hi, please can I request ability of a notification send to more than one channel? 

Is possible set tag system then according which tag sending notification to different correspond channel? 

Right now after use a notification (example, post) can't use it again. 

8 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi, please can I request ability of a notification send to more than one channel? 

Is possible set tag system then according which tag sending notification to different correspond channel? 

Right now after use a notification (example, post) can't use it again. 

We may consider an update allowing sending notifications to multiple channels in the future. However, the "tag system" needs to be more specific before taking such solution into consideration. If you want to explain your idea with more details, please send me a private message. 

Edited by SoftwareFactory