Brilliant Discord Integration

@SoftwareFactory I keep getting this error when I to accept a magic invite.

{"message": "Missing Permissions", "code": 50013}

Any remedy to this issue?

Also,

If I already have a discord with many members, how does one go and sync all of the existing roles? I setup a test server, and joined a test account and assigned some roles to them. I then used the integration on my site but the roles did not change based on what usergroup I put them in. Is this possible if they are already a member to strip the roles and re-add them when they sync the account or use the invite link? Otherwise I will have 600 members who have to be manually synced while all the new members will be assigned roles based off of their forum user groups.

Thank you!

Edited by Cryosnipe
Error: Class 'IPS\Helpers\Wizard' not found (0)
#0 /var/www/SERVERPATH/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\general\_configuration->advancedSetup()
#1 /var/www/SERVERPATH/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/general/configuration.php(45): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /var/www/SERVERPATH/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\general\_configuration->execute()
#3 /var/www/SERVERPATH/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

When i try to configure the application

@SoftwareFactory It seems discord plugin is running all last updated users in loop.  Any idea? 

#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\_MassSynchronization->run()
#1 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout()
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->execute()
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(224): IPS\_Task->run()
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(56): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#7 {main}
06.29.2020-17.37.26

On 6/16/2020 at 7:57 PM, AtariAge said:

I've started playing around with the Notifications aspect of Brilliant Discord.  Unfortunately, the selection dropdown for container conditions is too unwieldy.   I need to be able to select just the forums Guests would see, and my screen isn't tall enough to deal with this (screenshot attached)

I have a ton of forums, and I didn't even get through half of them before I ran out of space.  Is there a way this can be improved?  I'd like to start using it, but cannot do so until I can properly select which forums I want exported.

Thanks,

..Al

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.51.35 PM.png

Well... This is definitely something that needs to be changed. I’ll send you a PM with a temporary solution for this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience, though.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, DChiuch said:

I'm having this issue also.

Spam topics are being shared to Discord, even though these spam topics never make it onto the site. I believe this is related to the "post before register" feature. I'm aware that I can turn on the approval queue and manually approve everything, but I don't want it this way, I want it to post everything automatically (so long as it isn't spam).

Is there any way around this?

Since 1.0.12 (which has been released today), Instant Notifications are no longer sent before a member finishes registration after posting with Post Before Register 🙂

On 6/20/2020 at 6:40 PM, kmk said:

I have a question about the notification scene. normally the ips notification send to channel is for alert all users, but how work in Support notification case? or forum that is set Others users can't'see my post?

If member open a request of support, it sould just alert the member and me as part of staff, and when the staff reply, just should alert staff members and the member of the request. I don't know this aspect is already working fine....

Or in case that is not correct, all discord members receive notification of a request and their reply, but can't access the request topic, but this scene will create confusion, members will alway say they receive notification but can't access them.

If you don’t want to send notifications about content from specific categories, you’ll just need to add every other category to notification conditions.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:05 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

When I try to create a club I get this error when BDI is enabled. I have all other applications and themes disabled.

I’ll look into this issue and contact you very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On 6/21/2020 at 6:52 PM, DChiuch said:

Would it be possible to add the option to set a delay on the notifications so that spam can be dealt with on the forum side before it gets automatically shared to Discord?

I suppose that 1.0.12 will resolve your issues. Or, you can try changing types of your notification from Instant to Late.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:18 AM, kmk said:

Notificación of Support and PM should be sent to Discord profile field... 

Sorry, but I’m not sure what do you mean.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:37 PM, AlexJ said:

@SoftwareFactory It seems discord plugin is running all last updated users in loop.  Any idea? 

#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\Queue\_MassSynchronization->run()
#1 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout()
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->execute()
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(224): IPS\_Task->run()
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(56): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#7 {main}

06.29.2020-17.37.26

This should no longer happen after you update to 1.0.12. However, if it doesn’t resolve your issue, please let me know.

On 7/2/2020 at 12:39 AM, Parilar said:

How does Role sync work ?  How to map forum and discord roles ?

Look at this post:

————————————

I skipped posts about Rate Limits issues. If you still have trouble using Brilliant Discord Integration due to Rate Limits after upgrading to 1.0.12, please let me know in a private message.

Having an issue with role/permissions synchronization between IPS and Discord. Every few hours, members with recently edited permissions and roles regularly lose them. I have to manually sync them from the member view, but it only helps for a little while before it's back to their old roles. Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?

Just now, notmacknelson

Having an issue with role/permissions synchronization between IPS and Discord. Every few hours, members with recently edited permissions and roles regularly lose them. I have to manually sync them from the member view, but it only helps for a little while before it's back to their old roles. Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?

Are you using the newest version of Brilliant Discord Integration (1.0.12)? If so, please let me know; I’ll investigate this issue further.

1 minute ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Are you using the newest version of Brilliant Discord Integration (1.0.12)? If so, please let me know; I’ll investigate this issue further.

Yes, I am; however this was an issue on the previous version as well. We've been dealing with it on and off for at least a few weeks.

Just now, notmacknelson
1 minute ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Yes, I am; however this was an issue on the previous version as well. We've been dealing with it on and off for at least a few weeks.

I’m sorry to hear that. I have sent you a PM.

Hello,

I just picked up your app and I have it all installed. I was wondering how long it took for Discord and IPB to sync info like user names as its been 24+ hours and my name hasnt changed on Discord yet.

Thank you,

Noah

Edit: I was able to figure out the issue... Thank you!

Edited by Knives911
Resolved issue.

I've set up the integration with my Discord bot, it reads out all my channels perfectly fine, but when I'm on my forums and click on "login with Discord", the Discord website will prompt the following error "Invalid OAuth2 redirect_uri"

Edit: SOLVED! If anyone has this problem, click on reconfigure and set up the redirect uri in your Discord app.

Edited by RykoProd
On 7/25/2020 at 11:16 PM, LyricalMaster said:

@SoftwareFactorydo you know how I can hide the "Login with Discord"? I want to remove this.

This is not yet possible, unfortunately. If you want to hide the button, you can try to use CSS for this purpose.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, ahc said:

Feature Request: When sending notifications to Discord regarding things like gallery images, files/products, etc. can the default image be embedded within the notification?

This is a nice idea; definitely something that may be added on a feature update!

5 hours ago, flashpoint said:

Can't seem to integrate it with my forum. The configuration worked and said that it works, and I can press "sign in with discord" however, I get the following error: "Something went wrong. Please try again.". There are no logs and no errors in F12.

This is usually caused by pasting a wrong client secret into the configuration; make sure it is OK. Let me know if it doesn’t solve your issue.

1 hour ago, SoftwareFactory said:

This is not yet possible, unfortunately. If you want to hide the button, you can try to use CSS for this purpose.

This is a nice idea; definitely something that may be added on a feature update!

This is usually caused by pasting a wrong client secret into the configuration; make sure it is OK. Let me know if it doesn’t solve your issue.

Ow can you show me how to do this in CSS?

5 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

derp. Thank you! 🙂

@SoftwareFactoryI don't know which settings to choose in the application creation process on discord. I have a very large discord community and just built the website. 

Here is what I would like the app to do for me:

1. Login/Register with Discord
  2. Post updates/changes on website to a single channel on my discord server. (I.E. *username created a new club *)
  3. If a user is banned/kicked from discord the same happens on the website, and vise versa(I understand this currently only works Website to discord not the other way around. I will live without this for now.)
  4. If a user changes their nickname on discord it is changed on website and vise versa (I understand this currently only works Website to discord not the other way around. I will live without this for now.)
  5. If a user is added to a role on discord they are added to that group on the website, not the other way around (I understand this currently only works Website to discord not the other way around. I will live without this for now.)
  6. Join the discord server from the website

So, what settings do I choose on the application?

5020a77b-8e01-47a1-a13c-36cb9ab1169b.thumb.png.3d2fc65786888f53bd625ee9f52d4a7b.png

609dae61-6a56-4397-93d5-50f3db115dd3.thumb.png.8944a1ec05139970d82620c0500ad7c5.png

Edited by Josiah Wallingford
On 8/3/2020 at 7:40 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

@SoftwareFactoryI don't know which settings to choose in the application creation process on discord. I have a very large discord community and just built the website. 

Here is what I would like the app to do for me:

1. Login/Register with Discord
  2. Post updates/changes on website to a single channel on my discord server. (I.E. *username created a new club *)
  3. If a user is banned/kicked from discord the same happens on the website, and vise versa(I understand this currently only works Website to discord not the other way around. I will live without this for now.)
  4. If a user changes their nickname on discord it is changed on website and vise versa (I understand this currently only works Website to discord not the other way around. I will live without this for now.)
  5. If a user is added to a role on discord they are added to that group on the website, not the other way around (I understand this currently only works Website to discord not the other way around. I will live without this for now.)
  6. Join the discord server from the website

So, what settings do I choose on the application?

None, at least none of those on your screenshots. You don't really need to do anything else in the Discord Developer Portal except creating the bot and copying its token and client secret. However, you can change the bot avatar/name if you want.

1. Logging in is always enabled if the app is configured and enabled. To enable registration, go to ACP > Settings > Login & Registration > Discord and change this setting:
    image.thumb.png.db6bcd00823780e59070e80f9f87e74f.png
    Then click Save.
  2. See the Notifications page in Brilliant Discord Integration settings in ACP. Click "Create New" and fill the form. That's all you need to do.

Besides, the app currently supports notification about new content (new topics, posts, calendar events, support requests, etc.) and not any other events on your site (like the fact that a user created a new club).
  3. While Discord-to-website synchronization is not possible yet, member will be kicked from your Discord server when you ban them on your website. To not let them join your server again, you could use Magic Invites only. Guests and banned users can't use them.
  4. Again, while Discord-to-website option is not possible yet, nickname synchronization from your website to Discord is enabled by default.
  5. Also not possible yet.
  6. A single Magic Invite is configured by default. To easily let your users join your Discord server, you can put the Discord widget in your website sidebar.

Anyway, if you have any other questions or you will need further help, please let me know.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:44 PM, LyricalMaster said:

Ow can you show me how to do this in CSS?

This should work:

[data-controller="core.global.core.login"]:not([action*="/?service="]) .brilliantdiscord_discordButton {
  display: none;
}