Brilliant Discord Integration

Still having the previous issue even with new version wich is very annoying.
Except Widget, everything else is broken. I dm'd admin logins of my Forum to SoftwareFactory.
Hope he will find a way to fix this. If anyone else here found a way to fix, please @ me.. 

1.thumb.png.cbec9a13c471ee02be734290b79fb60d.png

2.thumb.png.ad840a23ad03fb98a707fe1b1947a3b4.png

IPS\Login\Exception: generic_error (2)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/forums/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(372): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_exchangeAuthorizationCodeForAccessToken('Iq6Od1rHtNSuUmD...')
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/forums/system/Login/Handler/OAuth2/OAuth2.php(169): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->_handleAuthorizationResponse(Object(IPS\Login))
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/LoginHandler.php(380): IPS\Login\Handler\_OAuth2->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(159): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_LoginHandler->authenticateButton(Object(IPS\Login))
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->reauthorize()
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(48): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->execute()
#7 /home/xxx/public_html/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Edited by Ginzeru

Here's an interesting one - when the new update was approved, I went through the marketplace to install - I got an alert that the key was already used or something like that. So, I actually had to remove the application to install the new one- then go through and change all the notifications and settings configuration.

Previously in IP there was the option to download a file and install - is there a way to just update? Keep the settings and be happy? haha

Also, since my previous post - everything else is working fine and this app has made life a breeze for my community.

Edit - Additional 'complaint'

When I am setting up notifications - I'm noticing that I cannot use the Topic IPS Forums/Topic function. It won't send an alert to my discord channels. Only can get a notification if there is a reply to a topic.

I have 1 notification that currently works this way - none of the other ones do. As a workaround I'll add an auto-reply to the topic on these notifications, its just annoying to get notifications for everyone's reply.

Edited by JoshTX
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 7:50 AM, darksedo said:

thanks a lot it seems to be working now 🙂 one question, how does the role sync work.. ? it doesn't seem to be syncing but clearly I must be missing something

also could you please tell me how I can show the bot to appear online on my server,

thanks.

Have you assigned Discord roles to groups? You can do this in the Discord Settings tab when editing groups in ACP.

At this moment, the app doesn't make the bot online because it's not connected to Discord servers all the time. The app just uses the bot's account to perform actions on your Discord server.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:12 AM, InfinityRazz said:

image.png.6d32d661a29afe2f7f6dbecec2954c29.png

What if we're using the cloud community and cant seem to FIND a marketplace tab after updating to 4.5? 😅

Like.. the 4.4 version still seems to work fine for now i guess.. the update notifications just really annoying 😅

This is not an issue with Brilliant Discord Integration directly. Maybe you don't have permissions to see this tab? Anyway, if you are not able to access this tab, you should probably contact IPS support. 

image.png.5d09c9146fe493cfb1b68a3510d8d630.png

On 9/14/2020 at 7:44 AM, Ginzeru said:

Still having the previous issue even with new version wich is very annoying.
Except Widget, everything else is broken. I dm'd admin logins of my Forum to SoftwareFactory.
Hope he will find a way to fix this. If anyone else here found a way to fix, please @ me.. 

We managed to fix this issue.

On 9/16/2020 at 2:01 AM, James101 said:

@SoftwareFactory How can i fix this broken discord login button?

Screenshot_68.png

I'm afraid this is a problem with your theme, not the app itself. You can send me your website url in a private message; I'll see If i can help you.

On 9/19/2020 at 1:45 AM, JoshTX said:

Here's an interesting one - when the new update was approved, I went through the marketplace to install - I got an alert that the key was already used or something like that. So, I actually had to remove the application to install the new one- then go through and change all the notifications and settings configuration.

Previously in IP there was the option to download a file and install - is there a way to just update? Keep the settings and be happy? haha

As far as I recall, the new Marketplace asks you to match installed apps, themes and plugins with their Marketplace listings. If you had not matched Brilliant Discord Integration, you were not able to update the app. I guess that's what happened, but I may be wrong.

On 9/19/2020 at 1:45 AM, JoshTX said:

Edit - Additional 'complaint'

When I am setting up notifications - I'm noticing that I cannot use the Topic IPS Forums/Topic function. It won't send an alert to my discord channels. Only can get a notification if there is a reply to a topic.

I have 1 notification that currently works this way - none of the other ones do. As a workaround I'll add an auto-reply to the topic on these notifications, its just annoying to get notifications for everyone's reply.

image.png.99f221463ef29e135b3744b217ade6bd.png

Topic and post notifications are separated. Make sure you've chosen Topic, not Post.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:48 AM, SoftwareFactory said:

As far as I recall, the new Marketplace asks you to match installed apps, themes and plugins with their Marketplace listings. If you had not matched Brilliant Discord Integration, you were not able to update the app. I guess that's what happened, but I may be wrong.

image.png.99f221463ef29e135b3744b217ade6bd.png

Topic and post notifications are separated. Make sure you've chosen Topic, not Post.

The version I had was a bit behind - and then I halted the uploads due to the hotfix y'all were working on, so maybe thats why? Basically said the key was already in use - we will try again next time!

For the Notifications.

Yes, I do have the correct Content Type selected - with the correct container selected, I had these working before - but for some reason they no longer push to discord - MY workaround is to do it as a reply because I can set up an auto-reply through the topic and then it will show - but other than that, nothing.

Also, unable to get status' to push....just straight up bad luck for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, AlexWright said:

Hey @SoftwareFactory! Small issue. We have a member who was somehow signed into the wrong Discord account. Now they have no way to disconnect. And I'm not seeing a Disconnect option for them in the ACP. We did update to the latest version.

image.png.d39981c90ae108839ec28c10a8d368c6.png

image.thumb.png.f1920a24bfcd58264fbd4041b78b1717.png

Why don't you ask him to quit from the Discord server and to rejoin ?

@SoftwareFactoryAll the features are fully functional in my forums, but, the bot appears offline in the Discord.
Is this normal ?

Edited by nikos32
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Two questions:

1) I'm getting an error trying to use a normal invite link and my partnered discord link ( discord.gg/cf ) [censored numbers for protection]

RESPONSE CONTENT
{"message": "Missing Permissions", "code": 50013}
REQUEST BODY
{"roles":[1448983228705###],"access_token":"JCJj1ADBkZ9tIbkmsIX2IQLp###"}
REQUEST HEADERS
Content-Type: application/json
User-Agent: DiscordBot (BrilliantDiscordIntegration, v1)

RESPONSE HEADERS
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:40:29 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 49
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: __cfduid=df63b29e225096750a3e9d73ace4e647b1603737###; expires=Wed, 25-Nov-20 18:40:29 GMT; path=/; domain=.discordapp.com; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax
strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains
x-ratelimit-bucket: e670de274720e74c12bd7b9cfc111###
x-ratelimit-limit: 10
x-ratelimit-remaining: 9
x-ratelimit-reset: 1603737###
x-ratelimit-reset-after: 10
x-envoy-upstream-service-time: 76
Via: 1.1 google
CF-Cache-Status: DYNAMIC
cf-request-id: 0607cf4aff0000d2866f8d900000###
Expect-CT: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
Report-To: {"endpoints":[{"url":"https:\/\/a.nel.cloudflare.com\/report?lkg-colo=15&lkg-time=1603737###"}],"group":"cf-nel","max_age":604###}
NEL: {"report_to":"cf-nel","max_age":604###}
Server: cloudflare
CF-RAY: 5e864e57fb9cd###-DFW

STACK TRACE
#0 /home/forge/ipb4test.customsforge.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->accept()
#1 /home/forge/ipb4test.customsforge.com/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/front/xinvites/invite.php(48): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/forge/ipb4test.customsforge.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\front\xinvites\_invite->execute()
#3 /home/forge/ipb4test.customsforge.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

2. Is there a way to get it if you synced your discord it comes up on your profile & topic? Like a custom field but autopopulates if you sync your discord.

Edited by Unleashed2k
On 10/12/2020 at 4:10 AM, AlexWright said:

Hey @SoftwareFactory! Small issue. We have a member who was somehow signed into the wrong Discord account. Now they have no way to disconnect. And I'm not seeing a Disconnect option for them in the ACP. We did update to the latest version.

image.png.d39981c90ae108839ec28c10a8d368c6.png

image.thumb.png.f1920a24bfcd58264fbd4041b78b1717.png

Their account has probably been created with Discord. This is why disconnection is not possible in this case - if they do that, they would not be able to login anyhow.

To disconnect their Discord account, they need to logout, click the "Forgot your password?" link in the login form, provide email address linked with their Discord account, set their password (by clicking on the link from the email) and then they can disconnect in their Account Settings.

Sorry for the late reply here. If you have any other questions regarding this matter (or anything else), please let me know in a private message.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:38 PM, nikos32 said:

@SoftwareFactoryAll the features are fully functional in my forums, but, the bot appears offline in the Discord.
Is this normal ?

Yes, it is. The app only uses bot's identity to take actions on its behalf. I know it can be confusing, though.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:16 AM, Ryan Boyd said:

Hello im getting the error message invalid OAuth2 redirect_uri when you try to login with discord

This usually happens because a Redirect URI has not been added in your Discord app settings. To do that:

1. Click "Reconfigure" in Brilliant Discord Integration's configuration (ACP)
  2. Copy the Redirect URI:
    image.png.68f661e15cb53ce1e4e1f067e6b445ef.png
  3. In your Discord application settings, open the OAuth2 tab, add the URI and Save.
On 10/27/2020 at 5:14 PM, Unleashed2k said:

Hello,

Two questions:

1) I'm getting an error trying to use a normal invite link and my partnered discord link ( discord.gg/cf ) [censored numbers for protection]

2. Is there a way to get it if you synced your discord it comes up on your profile & topic? Like a custom field but autopopulates if you sync your discord.

1) Check if the bot's role is at the very top of your role list. If the bot's role is not at the very top, any attempt to assign role above his one will result in a fatal error. If this doesn't help - make sure the bot has the "Create Instant Invite" permission. If this does not help - please let me know in a private message. I will investigate this issue further.

2) Unfortunately not, but we may consider adding it in a future update. Thanks for the suggestion.

7 hours ago, Brian Sosnowski said:

This is the error I keep receiving, not sure why, we've already set the uri redirect:
image.png.08f8b968ed8dfba4b47a9387ca37cfd3.png

I have replied to your private message regarding this matter.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:47 AM, NathanR said:

Can this push chats from discord to certain forum topics?

This is not possible, at least not yet. Stay tuned, however 🙃

On 10/31/2020 at 12:49 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Hi @SoftwareFactory, thanks for a great app as its been working well so far 😄

Quick question if possible - How can we get a Content Type for Polls? If its not possible already, would you consider this as a content type please as its a main core part of IPS posting?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your feedback! Polls are just a part of a content item, but we'll see what we can do.

On 11/1/2020 at 12:39 PM, imsandertjeee said:

Hello,

Somehow its not showing the discord icons:image.png.a27de159fd080a0110c863311740d738.png

This happens when Font Awesome 4 is replaced with version 5. You will unfortunately need to manually adjust your theme's CSS.

By the way, I've got some exciting news for you 🥰

Brilliant Discord Integration has become one of the most popular third-party apps for Invision Community. It is currently responsible for managing hundreds of thousands members among hundreds of amazing communities.

It was designed to synchronize roles from website to Discord and not the other way around.
It was designed to support only a single Discord server.
It was designed to notify only about content. Only new content. Only from website.
But it was designed in 2018.

It's time to move forward. Meet Jimmy

To make Brilliant Discord Integration even better, we had to completely rethink how it works - starting with the configuration and synchronization process.

Brilliant Discord Integration is getting its own Discord bot - Jimmy. New customers will no longer need to create their own bots. It also means more reliable and faster synchronization and  endless possibilities for adding new features, such as server-to-website/bidirectional synchronization or multiple server support. It even lets us quickly fix most issues without requiring you to update the app.

Jimmy is designed with your privacy and security in mind. We'll thoroughly explain it to you why there is absolutely no reason to worry about it.

The bot is still in development. The transition will be simpler than you think - everything you will need to do is just adding the bot to your Discord server. The app will do the rest.

Early Access Program

Brilliant Discord Integration's Early Access Program is for those who want to be first to access all those new features and help us by giving feedback. If you're interested - just fill this form and join our Discord server 🙂

Support and prices

We're committed to supporting Brilliant Discord Integration for years to come. Our team is growing - I (the developer of the app) am currently the only person responsible for customer support, but I have started training new support staff and preparing both public and internal support materials.

In terms of price - for existing customers, renewal price will remain the same.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message or join our Discord server.

Edited by SoftwareFactory