Brilliant Discord Integration

1 minute ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Oh I see, it’s locked... I thought it was disabled on mine. Yeah, I would think that would be an option.

2175B35A-75AA-4188-8E8C-3F5F6FCAA38E.jpg

exactly  its locked and I want to be able to disable discord login/acc creating via that 

i just want users to sync profile and that is all i really need

I'm having a weird issue with this.

First off - everything is pretty much working awesome and I'm glad this exists.

The issue I'm having is, I have one group set up to receive a role when they are 'roled' on the forums. All of the other roles do not have any 'Users in this group will have these roles assigned on the Discord Server. ' options set up.

Recently had a member from the server join the forums and the bot strips them of their role they have and puts them down to the basic role we have in the server.

Ive been looking around to see why its happening but can't seem to find the reason. Any help would be appreciated - we are soon going to be inviting the rest of the community to the forums, and we don't want to have to have a mass issue.

- - - - -

Edit; Actually, maybe this is the issue?

image.png.f53a7d7a20f182ca5104f04d112bd3b2.png

Once they register on the forums, they are given this role - not sure why it would strip roles from the one user tho. Tested this on another roled user on discord, it didn't strip the roles, just gave the Lobbyist role. 

Edited by JoshTX
update

Put the bots role beneath all Discord assigned roles. It cannot assign roles that are higher in the order than it (for example an admin or moderator role).

Best way to do it is "assignable roles" then "bot" then any discord specific roles. @JoshTX

@SoftwareFactory Whats the eta on the 4.5 compatible version. At the moment it seems like only login issues since you must have the login enabled in order to use the mod. I'm DYING to have my discord notifications back.

Well the question was answered relatively quickly however the mod is broken for me causing page load issues. I thought it was it interfering with two other applications I have but even after disabling those 2 mods (Characters and Members shop) it still throws the following error when it tries to send to discord and prevents the other two mods from doing their job. THESE MODS WORK FINE WITHOUT Brilliant Discord which means the problem lies with your mod. Your mod doesn't work AT ALL and provides the following error.

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'return' (T_RETURN) (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\brilliantdi...')
#1 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(18): spl_autoload_call('IPS\\brilliantdi...')
#2 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Content/Comment.php(245): IPS\Content\brilliantdiscord_hook_commentNotifications->postCreate()
#3 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(128): IPS\Content\_Comment::create(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), '\n<p>\n\tTTest\n</p...', false, NULL, NULL, Object(IPS\Member), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#4 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(43): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::create(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), '\n<p>\n\tTTest\n</p...', false, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)
#5 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Content/Item.php(4660): IPS\forums\Topic\cms_hook_Post::create(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), '\n<p>\n\tTTest\n</p...', false, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)
#6 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Content/Item.php(4471): IPS\Content\_Item->processCommentForm(Array)
#7 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(133): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm()
#8 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#9 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#11 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#12 /PATHTOPUBLICHTML/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

Edited by Morrigan

First, for everyone who has not done that yet: don't install the new 1.0.13 update and wait for 1.0.13.1.

@JoshTX I have just sent you a PM.

@Morrigan @Taylor M. Sorry for that; 1.0.13.1 has just been submitted with a fix for that and it is waiting for approval. The problem is this may take a few days, and 4.5 will not let you install a new version manually so you will just need to wait.

@ibinod Thanks for your purchase; I am afraid the best what you can do for now is to disable the app and wait until 1.0.13.1 is available.

@flashpoint I am sorry, but I am not able to help you with that. You will need to submit a support ticket to IPS.

I will keep you all updated; once again, sorry for the whole inconvenience. I know it is a pain for you and your communities.

Edited by SoftwareFactory
2 minutes ago, SoftwareFactory said:

First, for everyone who has not done that yet: don't install the new 1.0.13 update and wait for 1.0.13.1.

@JoshTX I have just sent you a PM.

@Morrigan @Taylor M. Sorry for that; 1.0.13.1 has just been submitted with a fix for that and it is waiting for approval. The problem is this may take a few days, and 4.5 will not let you install a new version manually so you will just need to wait.

@ibinod Thanks for your purchase; I am afraid the best what you can do for now is to disable the app and wait until 1.0.13.1 is available.

@flashpoint I am sorry, but I am not able to help you with that. You will need to submit a support ticket to IPS.

I will keep you all updated; once again, sorry for the whole inconvenience. I know it is a pain for you and your communities.

No worries, thanks for the quick update!

11 hours ago, Taylor M. said:

also did a clean install and im unable to configure it i get to step 2 hit continue then it goes back to step one

11 hours ago, Taylor M. said:

Is this fixed in the new update?

image.thumb.png.6ac118c70f967aff890acabc76564c2a.png

Re:

13 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

13 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Sorry for that; 1.0.13.1 has just been submitted with a fix for that and it is waiting for approval. The problem is this may take a few days, and 4.5 will not let you install a new version manually so you will just need to wait.

Edited by ahc

Hello, i'm on 1.0.13 updated from the previous version. It seems when i activate Brilliant Disc, i cant send PM's anymore. I'm getting this:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'return' (T_RETURN) (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\brilliantdi...')
#1 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(18): spl_autoload_call('IPS\\brilliantdi...')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Content\brilliantdiscord_hook_commentNotifications->postCreate()
#3 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(22): call_user_func_array('parent::postCre...', Array)
#4 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/system/Content/Comment.php(245): IPS\Content\hook5225->postCreate()
#5 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/applications/core/sources/Messenger/Message.php(150): IPS\Content\_Comment::create(Object(IPS\core\Messenger\Conversation), '<p>\n\ttrrt\n</p>', true, 'JohnnyUSA', NULL, Object(IPS\Member), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#6 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/system/Content/Item.php(406): IPS\core\Messenger\_Message::create(Object(IPS\core\Messenger\Conversation), '<p>\n\ttrrt\n</p>', true, 'JohnnyUSA', NULL, Object(IPS\Member))
#7 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/system/Content/Item.php(133): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm(Array, NULL)
#8 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/messaging/messenger.php(467): IPS\Content\_Item::create()
#9 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\messaging\_messenger->compose()
#10 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/messaging/messenger.php(71): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\messaging\_messenger->execute()
#13 /home/pesromania/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

You'll unfortunately need to wait until 1.0.13.1 is approved (it has been submitted yesterday so I hope it will be approved this week). If you have installed the new version on 4.5, you'll need to disable the app and wait a little.

We also added a temporary warning in the app description.

Once again, I apologize for this inconvenience. This should never happen.

51 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

It looks like the update went through however its not showing an update from 1.0.13 to 1.0.13.1 probably an issue with the version number on the back end not being larger than the previous version.

I believe they just updated the file description, the file upload itself is probably still pending approval. One of mine from before the Holidays is still on approval too.

14 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

The new version has just been approved 🙂

thanks a lot it seems to be working now 🙂 one question, how does the role sync work.. ? it doesn't seem to be syncing but clearly I must be missing something

also could you please tell me how I can show the bot to appear online on my server,

thanks.

Edited by ibinod