Brilliant Discord Integration

On 11/10/2020 at 9:46 PM, penguinstyles said:

@SoftwareFactory, we're seeing the incorrect FA icon on the login button. 2c35c0e91897140bac5f834f6155112b.png

Should I also send you a DM?

Try adding the following CSS to your theme:

.bdi-fa-fab-discord:before {
    content: '\60' !important;
}

If it doesn't help, then yes, please send me a DM. Thank you.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:46 PM, Parilar said:

Got a problem with the plugin , after giving 1* review i got a response.

I have replied to your private message, again. You had wrote this review in a very similar time you had sent me another message. I have actually seen your second message before I saw the review. I have no idea how did this happen, but your first message was missed - and I am really sorry about that.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:46 PM, Parilar said:

Again since then (16 October) no response.

Just for clarification: You had encountered an unusual issue that I have never heard of before, so I asked you for an admin account on your website on October 13th. Then I got them from you on October 16th. I was not able to login and I told you that almost immediately. Later you told me that your problem has been resolved.

Even later you told me about another complicated issue, but this was not October 16th. I really apologize for the whole inconvenience anyway. Please read my private message and contact me on Discord if you want to. I would love to talk with you.

To all of you: yes, it is true that recently there were some unusual delays in answering your requests. Now it does not happen anymore. And it is only going to get better.

We put a lot of effort to serve you as well as possible. There are some great changes coming regarding Brilliant Discord Integration's customer service, support and user experience in general. The world has changed much, and so must we. Stay tuned! 😄

On 11/20/2020 at 12:38 AM, Hisashi said:

Suggestions:

1. Ability to thumbnail of Articles (records) when sending notification to discord.
  2. Create a programmed message that is repeated, sends at each chosen time. Ex: every 1h, 5h, 24h...
  3. Schedule message

1. We are looking for ways to deliver a greater notifications customizability while making them even easier to configure. But the default notification setting will also get better in a future update.

2 and 3. I am pretty sure there are some bots out there that can do it for you.

I would love to tell you a little about the upcoming changes to Brilliant Discord Integration. Recently we announced Jimmy - a bot made to optimize synchronization and to make lots of new amazing features possible.

Now, we want to make sure that Jimmy works fine before we make it available to the general public. And that's why before 1.1 we want to release 1.0.14, which will bring the following things:

1. Jimmy role synchronization for Early Access Program members.
    We also want to make sure that the process of transition to Jimmy will be quick and smooth for everyone. This is why 1.0.14 will send data about your groups to our servers to make Jimmy available instantly with the 1.1 update - no matter if you have 100 members or 100,000 members.
  2. Enhanced support experience. Private messages (and a single support topic) are very limiting for us. We would like to bring support to a whole new level. We decided to move to Zendesk - a platform used by IPS, Discord and many others. You will be able to create a support ticket on our help center website or contact us via email. On the top of that, we are preparing many helpful guides for you.
  3. Unique community identifiers - they really simplify support for both you and us. To get your logs, we would only need to get your confirmation in ACP. Same goes with temporary admin accounts. And thanks to the new built-in marketplace, we are also able to completely kill piracy - your installation will be securely and privately linked to your account on invisioncommunity.com. This is game changing, because our new approach to piracy literally does not require you to do anything more than you would normally do with an app - no license keys or anything like that.
  4. Other minor improvements like (finally!) an option to disable logging in with Discord.

If it turns out that there are no major issues with Jimmy, then quickly afterwards 1.1 will get released - with Jimmy available for everyone. At this point the app will be able to function without your own bot.

Before we release 1.0.14, we will publish a document with details how Jimmy keeps you and your communities private and secure. This is as much important for us as it is for you.

And that is just the very beginning. If you have any questions - feel free to ask! 🙂

On 11/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

1. We are looking for ways to deliver a greater notifications customizability while making them even easier to configure. But the default notification setting will also get better in a future update.

2 and 3. I am pretty sure there are some bots out there that can do it for you.

Yes, there are bots that do this, but I'm talking about enriching the app.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the redirect_uri filled in on discord (the one showed in the app) yet when I try to connect my forum account with discord, discord says : invalid redirect_uri

Am I missing anything?

EDIT: The last  / was missing behind the url and that made it not work.

Edited by donjuan
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Q1. Does the app work the same way if we keep the primary role same for and just manipulate secondary roles?

Q2. Can we get a notification when a user buys a subscription or a product, renewals etc (basically all IPB commerce functions).

Regards..

Edited by Robins Gupta
On 12/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, GTAPoliceMods said:

Any plans to integrate ModCP notifications? For example, when someone makes a report it could ping our moderators within Discord.

Sure

On 1/2/2021 at 6:10 AM, Robins Gupta said:

Hello!

Q1. Does the app work the same way if we keep the primary role same for and just manipulate secondary roles?

Q2. Can we get a notification when a user buys a subscription or a product, renewals etc (basically all IPB commerce functions).

Regards..

1. I am not sure what do you exactly mean, but Brilliant Discord Integration can synchronize roles for both primary and secondary groups.

2. We will consider adding such feature in a future update. Thank you for your suggestion.

We're having issues with enabling the Discord login:
image.thumb.png.2e44942013659a816a1ca0ede120534a.png

Upon testing using another Discord application, we realized that your plugin tries to pull a list of ALL servers that our Discord application is a part of.

This is a huge problem for us as our Discord bot application is a part of more than 1m+ Discord servers. Can you add an option for us to specify the Server ID directly?

We want to enable the Discord login for our new community forums but would like to use our main application for the login flow. 

We've tried saving using another test Discord application, then changing the settings to our main Discord application but because some settings are greyed out we're unable to do that.

TL;DR:
1) Tried with main application, failed to load step 2
2) Tried with test application, successfully loaded step 2 (Then we saw the list of servers)
3) Realized that plugin was trying to load all the servers (Probably timing out because our main application has more than 1m servers)

Can we also have the possibility to:
 - Show a user's full Discord discriminator as the forum name
 - Reject user sign-in if user is not verified on Discord? (Currently it tells user to input an email address rather than reject)

Edited by David Lim

Hello!

Q1. Is it possible to embed images in discord when a new image is uploaded in the gallery?

Q2. How do Album integration work?

Q3. Is there a guide or documentation for Brilliant discord?

Q4. I am getting the following message on all profiles. Is there some setting that i need to tweek?

Capture.PNG.403f1421931a4bbf4fdebbf59cf0d536.PNG

Edited by Robins Gupta

Only few things I am experiencing:

1. The bot hasn't set current members of the Discord with the role I have set in place for it. So does it only do it with new members that join?
  2. I don't see anywhere to have the Discord synchronize the website groups to the appropriate roles in Discord.
  3. When I add the Discord widget to the front of my website, it doesn't show up; this is what I get.

@SoftwareFactory

image.png.5582150321e54daa96afa7a642c4051e.png

Edited by Kyle Wilson1

@David Lim since your bot is on 1M+ Discord servers (congratulations, by the way!), you would better create a separate bot for the website. Even if you would be able to specify discord server ID manually, you may experience 429s due to the fact two different applications share the identity, but they don’t exchange data about rate limits.

Regarding the unverified user registration; I see your point. This has never been brought up before, but I will see if we can provide a setting for that.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:47 PM, Robins Gupta said:

Hello!

Q1. Is it possible to embed images in discord when a new image is uploaded in the gallery?

Q2. How do Album integration work?

Q3. Is there a guide or documentation for Brilliant discord?

Q4. I am getting the following message on all profiles. Is there some setting that i need to tweek?

Capture.PNG.403f1421931a4bbf4fdebbf59cf0d536.PNG

1. Unfortunately not yet.

2. I am not exactly sure what do you mean by “album integration”. Could you elaborate, please?

3. This has been a popular request lately, and one will be released soon. For now, feel free to ask any questions.

4. Guess you have configured your website to disallow “#” in usernames. Search for “Allowed characters in display names” in ACP and modify that setting appropriately.

16 hours ago, Kyle Wilson1 said:

Only few things I am experiencing:

1. The bot hasn't set current members of the Discord with the role I have set in place for it. So does it only do it with new members that join?
  2. I don't see anywhere to have the Discord synchronize the website groups to the appropriate roles in Discord.
  3. When I add the Discord widget to the front of my website, it doesn't show up; this is what I get.

image.png.5582150321e54daa96afa7a642c4051e.png

1. I will reach out to you in a private message in order to work with you to resolve it.

2. Go to the Groups page in ACP. When editing any group, you can assign the roles you want to in the Discord Settings tab.

3. You will probably need to manually enable the widget in your Discord server settings. You can enable it in its Widget section.

9 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

@David Lim since your bot is on 1M+ Discord servers (congratulations, by the way!), you would better create a separate bot for the website. Even if you would be able to specify discord server ID manually, you may experience 429s due to the fact two different applications share the identity, but they don’t exchange data about rate limits.

Regarding the unverified user registration; I see your point. This has never been brought up before, but I will see if we can provide a setting for that.

1. Unfortunately not yet.

2. I am not exactly sure what do you mean by “album integration”. Could you elaborate, please?

3. This has been a popular request lately, and one will be released soon. For now, feel free to ask any questions.

4. Guess you have configured your website to disallow “#” in usernames. Search for “Allowed characters in display names” in ACP and modify that setting appropriately.

1. I will reach out to you in a private message in order to work with you to resolve it.

2. Go to the Groups page in ACP. When editing any group, you can assign the roles you want to in the Discord Settings tab.

3. You will probably need to manually enable the widget in your Discord server settings. You can enable it in its Widget section.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

By album integration I mean when we create a new notification we have a few options to select for content type. There are some entries for Album/item or Album/comment. I cant seem to get those triggers working. I mean i dont understand how these events trigger. "Gallery/Item" works perfectly.

Cheers!

I keep getting "LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING WENT WRONG" When entering the info on step one of config. 
I cant find a user guide or documentation anywhere on this. 

I am copying CLient Secret and Token ID and hitting next - and its failing. Please help 

On 1/8/2021 at 5:51 AM, David Lim said:

Thanks for the response, will there be an option to sync specific roles to groups in the future?

If you mean synchronization of website groups to Discord roles - it is possible. Just go assign roles to groups by in their settings in ACP. If you want to do that the other way around - it is not possible yet, but we are working hard to finally bring this feature to reality.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:42 AM, Robins Gupta said:

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

By album integration I mean when we create a new notification we have a few options to select for content type. There are some entries for Album/item or Album/comment. I cant seem to get those triggers working. I mean i dont understand how these events trigger. "Gallery/Item" works perfectly.

Cheers!

I have to say that I have gotten confused myself when I saw that 😳

The list of content you can send notifications about is generated automatically from a list of searchable content types on your website. It turns out that Album\Item is for notifications about new albums.

Certainly something needs to be done about that. It’s really confusing. Thanks for pointing this out.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:43 AM, ErikC said:

I keep getting "LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING WENT WRONG" When entering the info on step one of config. 
I cant find a user guide or documentation anywhere on this. 

I am copying CLient Secret and Token ID and hitting next - and its failing. Please help 

I have replied to your private message.

Edited by SoftwareFactory
7 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

I have to say that I have gotten confused myself when I saw that 😳

The list of content you can send notifications about is generated automatically from a list of searchable content types on your website. It turns out that Album\Item is for notifications about new albums.

Certainly something needs to be done about that. It’s really confusing. Thanks for pointing this out.

No worries! I wish to see this application achieve great things!

I have some more questions:

I see that we can truncate a text by limiting number of characters (Maximum Content Size) when we are doing Message type: Rich Embed.
But I feel the there is not control on text limit in Message Type: Basic. The text seems to truncate at around 100 characters (or something close to that). Can we have more control on this?

Regards.

I am currently running my community off discord, but want to add IPS as a platform where users from discord can add content, and run their own blog, share files etc.
Would this integration be useful for me? I read that it can synchronise roles and users from the website to discord but i am moving the other way around. Do you have any advice on what and how i can use it in my case?

OK So the bot is taking roles as well? I have a customer role synced to a customer role on the discord and member role synced to member role

Customer is above member. Customers have access to downloads on the site and files in the server. Since I just started my site, I have to manually add all these roles in the site when people join from the server. 

My problem, my customers are joining as members, and its assigning them the member role but TAKING the customer role. Is there a reason why? 

Also people in y server MUST have the member role to see anything. So if someone becomes a customer does it remove their member role? I basically just want this to add roles to discord NOT remove. 

Can this be done? I am really panicking about this right now. 

Edited by ErikC
On 1/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, ErikC said:

OK So the bot is taking roles as well? I have a customer role synced to a customer role on the discord and member role synced to member role

Customer is above member. Customers have access to downloads on the site and files in the server. Since I just started my site, I have to manually add all these roles in the site when people join from the server. 

My problem, my customers are joining as members, and its assigning them the member role but TAKING the customer role. Is there a reason why? 

Also people in y server MUST have the member role to see anything. So if someone becomes a customer does it remove their member role? I basically just want this to add roles to discord NOT remove. 

Can this be done? I am really panicking about this right now. 

Hi ErikC,

I have had similar problems. Here is what i have done.

First you need to establish that this is a one way communication. Website to Discord. It is not a Discord communication.

This means that what ever member groups you set in Website will be set for Discord.

So if your users are joining the website and your default group is "Member" then the discord role associated with "Member" website group will be assigned to them.
Now if you manually or automatically change the Website member group to "Customer" then only your users will get the "customer" role on discord.

Which also means that the plugin will remove any roles NOT configured with "Member" website group.
I hope this answers your question, but a developer input may be more insightful.

On 1/13/2021 at 3:25 PM, Steph Jensen said:

I am currently running my community off discord, but want to add IPS as a platform where users from discord can add content, and run their own blog, share files etc.
Would this integration be useful for me? I read that it can synchronise roles and users from the website to discord but i am moving the other way around. Do you have any advice on what and how i can use it in my case?

That's a good question. Despite the fact role synchronization works only one-way, you can skip it and benefit from the following features:

1. Possibility of setting up notifications on Discord about new content (like new posts, topics, blog entries, files, etc.) from your IPS website. This makes it easy to keep your community members up-to-date.
  2. Your members will be able to login (and optionally register) on your website with Discord, which is good as your community is Discord-based.
  3. You may still benefit from the general role setting. It is being automatically granted to everybody on your Discord server who links their Discord account with your IPS website account (this happens automatically when signing up with Discord). Therefore, you can set the role to something like "Verified" or "Registered on website", to keep track of your Discord server members who have an account on your website.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---

@ErikC, I have answered your private message about that, but I'd love to answer it here, too.

TL;DR: If a member has any Discord role that doesn't belong to any of his IPS groups and the role is assigned to any IPS group, then this role will be removed. If a Discord role is not assigned to any IPS group, it will be ignored by the app.

The process of synchronization looks like this. Let's say that the app is synchronizing a member, John, with:

• Roles on Discord: Owner, Admin, Moderator, VIP, Member, Announcements, Verified.
  • Groups on website: Owner (with Owner & Staff roles assigned), Member (with Member role assigned)
  1. App retrieves John's current role list on Discord.
  2. App collects roles that are assigned to any groups on the website.
    In our case, these roles will be: Owner, Admin, Moderator, Staff (assigned to three groups: Owner, Admin, Moderator) VIP, Member.
    Roles that aren't assigned to any groups on the website are ignored by Brilliant Discord Integration.
  3. App removes any of the roles collected in the 1st step from the list of John's roles.
    List: Announcements, Verified, removed: Owner, Admin, Moderator, VIP, Member
  4. App adds roles assigned to John's groups to the list
    List: Owner, Staff, Member, Announcements, Verified
  5. App makes sure that the general role (Verified) is present in the list
    It doesn't remove the general role in the 3rd step, because when somebody unlinks their account, they don't only lose the general role - they are kicked from the server.
  6. App replaces John's roles on the Discord server.
23 hours ago, kmk said:

Notifications support for Chatbox+ too? 

Could you elaborate, please? Do you mean notifications about new messages?

On 1/12/2021 at 8:11 AM, Robins Gupta said:

I see that we can truncate a text by limiting number of characters (Maximum Content Size) when we are doing Message type: Rich Embed.
But I feel the there is not control on text limit in Message Type: Basic. The text seems to truncate at around 100 characters (or something close to that). Can we have more control on this?

The Basic type does not really control that. The box with content that is embedded on Discord is just a side effect of sending a link in the message.