IPS 4.7.2 final major problem

Davyc

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've re-opened this topic. Please read the message above the topic, thanks.

The upgrade from Invision Community 4.7.1 to 4.7.2 will warn you of PHP 8 incompatible applications and disable them, but you can re-enable them from the AdminCP if you wish to take the risk.

I believe that was exactly what users wanted. I understand that you warned in a topic, but this alert was missing right at the moment of the user updating the system, visible there just in time for him to read and be aware. Great job!

To reinforce the message you want to get across to clients, something like this could be done (just a suggestion)

Could contain: Text, Business Card, Paper

2 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Could contain: Menu, Text, Tree, Plant

SMILERS

That's self destruction mode.. i am glad IPS is not auto executing rm -rf haha  That would be epic in history lol 

@Matt - Thanks for the patch! I appreciate it. It was nightmare, last 24 hrs. Now need to chase few app. developers to get stuff updated. 

Edited by AlexJ

On 9/14/2022 at 12:08 AM, Giray said:

Not sure if you notified all the third party devs but if they had been they would not be scrambling at the last minute. In a perfect world, for such a major shift, you'd think that third party developers would have upgraded their apps BEFORE 4.7.2 was released.

There have been many warnings in recent times - both in the forums and in every upgrade which checks server specs.

This said, perhaps a bulk email to all active Clients might have worked better?....or better yet, a perfect time for one of those spiffy new must-be-acknowleged call-to-action alert boxes. 🙂

Edited by LiquidFractal